Came across this bill for kentucky this morning

This is a discussion on Came across this bill for kentucky this morning within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just found this bill this morning. Havenít done any research on it or really looked into it yet so idk how much steam it has ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By ColoradoDiablo
  • 1 Post By airslot
  • 4 Post By Henry9008
  • 2 Post By G-man*
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 1 Post By AndyC
  • 1 Post By G-man*

Thread: Came across this bill for kentucky this morning

Just found this bill this morning. Havenít done any research on it or really looked into it yet so idk how much steam it has yet or will get.

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/reco...led/BR354.html

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Just in time for the Democratic Governor....

A few things....

It bans magazines for "assault weapons" more than 10 rounds.

It requires the transfer or sale of said magazines.

It allows previously owned "assault weapons" to remain if stored in a safe and rendered temporarily inoperable.

It's a mess.
    AndyC likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

And so it begins again. SSDD. Kentucky, do you FIGHT or FLY?
    AndyC likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have already sent him an email. He lives in one of the more red-neckish areas of Jefferson County. They won't be happy with this proposed bill. With Republican majorities in both the senate and the house, I doubt this bill will see the light of day. We Kentuckians, however, should make it our mission to NOT have this clown reelected by letting the residents of Fairdale know what their representative has proposed.
    AndyC, G-man*, airslot and 1 others like this.

If nothing else we do atleast still have republican super majority in the state house and the senate. Though I have seen lately where some kentucky republicans are creeping over to the gun control side of things

It wonít fly in Kentucky. Even if we had a majority of demorats in office. For the most part, our state politics, that is democrats on the state level are still true to the old democrat party of years gone by.

The only reason we lost a Republican Gov by less than 1% of the vote was because he was an a-hole, and stupid with his mouth, and pissed off all the teachers in the state.

Nothing to see here....
    airslot and OD* like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

The "rendered inoperable" is exactly what Heller ruled unconstitutional. Doesn't any lawmaker pay attention to these things?
    airslot and OD* like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    OP title is misleading.
    I thought this was about a bill for a bottle of Kentucky Bourbon!
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    It wonít fly in Kentucky. Even if we had a majority of demorats in office. For the most part, our state politics, that is democrats on the state level are still true to the old democrat party of years gone by.

The only reason we lost a Republican Gov by less than 1% of the vote was because he was an a-hole, and stupid with his mouth, and pissed off all the teachers in the state.

Nothing to see here....
    I didnít post any links to this because Iím not familiar with the sources, but what I donít like is seeing quotes of some of the republicans in this state and our new governor along with multiple dems publicly stating support for red flag laws. I have not seen a lot of this AR type bill I posted above, but I feel like some of the dems and some of the republicans are both starting to sway toward the other side. Iím not gonna post links to the red flag law quotes because they are from ďnewsĒ sites Iím not overly familiar with but.
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    I didnít post any links to this because Iím not familiar with the sources, but what I donít like is seeing quotes of some of the republicans in this state and our new governor along with multiple dems publicly stating support for red flag laws. I have not seen a lot of this AR type bill I posted above, but I feel like some of the dems and some of the republicans are both starting to sway toward the other side. Iím not gonna post links to the red flag law quotes because they are from ďnewsĒ sites Iím not overly familiar with but.
    I think itís a lot of political posturing. They know it will be political suicide. They also know itís safe to talk the talk, because that bill has snowballs chance in hell of coming to the floor for a vote.

They also very well know that the new governor was elected over the Republican because of the teachers unions and teachers families they support.

1/2 of a percentage point win is not something that gives them confidence to do something really stupid. They know very well the win is not a referendum against conservative values.
    Henry9008 likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Sponsored Links