An Interesting "Take" on Crime Control

This is a discussion on An Interesting "Take" on Crime Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's an essay that I believe is well worth reading. It proposes what seems to be a better solution to the "gun violence problem," and, ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By M1911A1
  • 3 Post By frgood

Thread: An Interesting "Take" on Crime Control

Here's an essay that I believe is well worth reading.
    It proposes what seems to be a better solution to the "gun violence problem," and, indeed, to the problem of violence in general, than I have seen proposed anywhere else.
    And, no, it's not any kind of "gun control."

Click on: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nce-thomas-abt
    SOS24, wmhawth, G26Raven and 1 others like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    I thought it was a good article and perspective. People focusing on guns is failing to address the deeper issues associated with the violence.

“So there are multiple treatments for urban violence that are available, affordable and proven to save lives. But they’re still not used in all cities that need them, and they still lack funding and support.

Why? Lack of awareness. Pessimism. Politics.”

The pessimism and politics I think are the main reason and also one of the reasons the lack of awareness exists. Politicians and gun control advocates are so focused on the guns that they are willing to bury and proposal that doesn’t involve getting rid of guns.

I think this is the type of thoughtfulness that considers the real problem and looks at solutions. Sadly, there is not enough knee-jerk to be appealing. This requires some intellect followed by the ability to act. A rare trait, indeed.

Sponsored Links