VA: State Atty General "new gun controls will be enforced.” - Page 3

VA: State Atty General "new gun controls will be enforced.”

This is a discussion on VA: State Atty General "new gun controls will be enforced.” within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jmf552 I did not see that. The Bloomberg money was cleverly not spent so much on specific gun issues, but was just ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: VA: State Atty General "new gun controls will be enforced.”

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I did not see that. The Bloomberg money was cleverly not spent so much on specific gun issues, but was just aimed at getting candidates elected who could be counted on later to vote anti-gun. I think if they had made guns a main issue, it would have backfired on them.

They harped on student debt, climate change, marijuana legalization, and LGBTQ, racial and gender equality, including ratification of the ERA, as well as general anti-Trump themes. The GOP didn't make the pro-gun position a big deal either.

So I don't think the average voter saw gun control/rights as being the main thing. Even when guns were mentioned, it was not specific. They did not talk so much about an AWB, UBCs or Red Flag, but rather just generalities about "common sense gun laws."

I think people on this site naturally have their antennae up about gun issues and assume everyone else does also, but that was glossed over to the general public this past election. The VCDL was beating the drum loudly, but our reach is mainly to the more serious side of the gun community.
    When is the last time you have seen a state with full democratic control that wasn’t anti gun? People should realize that regardless of what they focus their campaign on, if someone else introduces a bill and it is voted on, that person is going to vote one way or the other on it.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    When is the last time you have seen a state with full democratic control that wasn’t anti gun? People should realize that regardless of what they focus their campaign on, if someone else introduces a bill and it is voted on, that person is going to vote one way or the other on it.
    Too you and I, yes, absolutely. But we are not Joe Average voters. I think people on this site think even conservative voters go around thinking about gun rights all the time. They don't. We can't convince the anti-gunners and they can't convince us. But elections are not decided by single issue voters. They are decided by people who take in lots of factors and the truth is, gun rights is not top-of-mind for the vast majority of them.
    Havok and NECCdude like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Well folks, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's time to get your game face on. That means it's time to start spending your time and money fighting this anti-2A crap by attending meetings, sending money to pro-2A organizations and seeing to it that these anti-2A people are buried in lawsuits and FOIA requests. It isn't just VA and CO which are under imminent threat. One of our worst enemies, Michael Bloomberg, is gearing up in a big way for this election cycle. Perhaps somewhat unnoticed and still a bit of a mystery is his new company, Hawkfish:
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/23/b...ions-campaign/

You can rest assured that Bloomberg and others are out to spread tactics and legislation similar to VA and CO nationwide and it's not just anti-2A crap.
    forester58, jmf552, Havok and 1 others like this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Socrates was right.

My wife would tell you that every time I hear some "news person" on TV mention our democracy, I cringe and say, "This is NOT a democracy", and thank God it's not. Democracies have been referred to as "tyranny of the majority" and that is true. The term democracy does not appear in any of our three founding documents and there is good reason for that. History has shown that democracies tend to slide down that slippery slope to anarchy which then opens the door to tyranny. Nothing good comes from democracies.
    Havok, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    My wife would tell you that every time I hear some "news person" on TV mention our democracy, I cringe and say, "This is NOT a democracy", and thank God it's not. Democracies have been referred to as "tyranny of the majority" and that is true. The term democracy does not appear in any of our three founding documents and there is good reason for that. History has shown that democracies tend to slide down that slippery slope to anarchy which then opens the door to tyranny. Nothing good comes from democracies.
    Try telling that to a Public School teacher, or one of their students!
    Havok and airslot like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Try telling that to a Public School teacher, or one of their students!
    Oh I have told it to students and a few knew we are a constitutional republic, but very few. Most believed we are a democracy. So much for the public school system and probably private schools, as well.
    Havok, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    Well folks, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's time to get your game face on. That means it's time to start spending your time and money fighting this anti-2A crap by attending meetings, sending money to pro-2A organizations and seeing to it that these anti-2A people are buried in lawsuits and FOIA requests. It isn't just VA and CO which are under imminent threat. One of our worst enemies, Michael Bloomberg, is gearing up in a big way for this election cycle. Perhaps somewhat unnoticed and still a bit of a mystery is his new company, Hawkfish:
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/23/b...ions-campaign/

You can rest assured that Bloomberg and others are out to spread tactics and legislation similar to VA and CO nationwide and it's not just anti-2A crap.
    Bingo. I just read an article that said that the largest chunk of Bloomberg's money spent on the VA election was spent with Facebook. Some other social media was near the top of the list also.

It is also obvious that he is targeting a limited number of states at a time. I hate to see people in gun-friendly states say, "It won't happen here!" and then throwing out easy answers as to why that's true. Even a year ago, we were saying that here in VA. Every state should watch what is happening here, because it is coming to their state soon and when it comes, it will come fast. There are signs to look for, and I think every state has a couple of those signs right now and people are not realizing it.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

@Havok : Interesting article just popped up on TTAG. St. Charles County, VA is, and has always been, completely Democratically controlled. Yet they voted unanimously to become a 2A sanctuary county. The significance is that there may be a rift between so-called "heartland Democrats" and so-called "metro-centric" Democrats. This echoes some themes of articles that have been floating around for a while. Some of these Democrats are going Republican, but some are saying to the Dem. Party, "You are leaving us behind and you need to change your tune." I think the Dems have conspired to split up the GOP. Now maybe it is time to return the favor.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/vi...h-_xpiD_CX9-4s
    CavemanBob, Havok and airslot like this.

Part of the problem we have is that a great many people regard the proposed legislation as "common sense gun control" . While some might be swayed by slogans, not all are. We need to able to articulate why the proposals are not only not going to work but are bad policy.
    airslot likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    https://www.heraldcourier.com/news/l...0e2b891d2.html

After dozens of Virginia localities declared themselves as Second Amendment “sanctuaries” in recent weeks, Attorney General Mark Herring has issued an advisory opinion saying these resolutions “have no legal effect.”

Citing requirements in the Virginia Constitution and state code for local governments to follow state law, Herring wrote in his four-page opinion that “these resolutions neither have the force of law nor authorize localities or local constitutional officials to refuse to follow or decline to enforce gun violence prevention measures enacted by the General Assembly.”
    "gun violence prevention" measures are in fact "gun violence instignation" attempt.

I remember during previuos president's time one of the sheriffs wrote open letter to that president that he will not allow any anti second amendment activity against his constituents. What I was going to mention is: one of the youtube prominent people: Lt Col Nutnfancy posted his responce to the sheriff boiling down to: don't hesitate to deputize me if you need. And don't worry about weapons, supplies and ammunition: I will bring mine.

It sounds to me like a time for all of us who feel so to write similar letters to Virginia sane sheriffs. And do it if the need really arises.

Old blackface and his cronies were given millions of dollars by bloomturd, to get in office, and once there he will do what bloomturd wants. I think(sadly) they will pass alot of anti gun measures there...and what will happen is they will target one person that didn't register their semi auto rifle and "make them an example" and say do this or you end up like him. The big question is will you comply or fight back. Blackface and his cronies will not care about your marches on the capital, or all the internet banner. They are going to do whatever the hell they want, til they are voted or dragged out of office. It is sad it has come to this though.....and if he wins, you can bet it is coming to every state, with Bloomturd's money following
    airslot likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links