VA Lobby Day on the 20th has become a national event

This is a discussion on VA Lobby Day on the 20th has become a national event within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; VCDL President Phil Van Cleave did an hour and a half livecast last night that was eye-opening to me. We have people coming in from ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: VA Lobby Day on the 20th has become a national event

VCDL President Phil Van Cleave did an hour and a half livecast last night that was eye-opening to me. We have people coming in from all over the country. Phil has been in touch with the local police. They are planning for 30,000 at this point. However, indications are it may be more, 50,000 to 100,000. I tend to discount the highest number, but the other numbers are daunting enough. The national media will be there in force.

Unfortunately, there are some people, mostly out of state, who are not coming in the spirit of the day. Some are independent militia units who may be in full kit. Some people want to harass the MDA lobby event right before our rally. The MDA are likely to be only a few hundred people, so that would be a rout that would look very bad. People are spreading rumors about Anitfa, although I think that is unlikely. Those cowards like to have superior numbers and they clearly will not. Also, the police have declared they will not put up with any disruptions, from anyone.

We are still planning to have a safe, orderly, productive Lobby Day like we always do. I'm glad we have so much support this year, but I am also worried it might turn into a crap-show. Anyhow, I will pass on what I'm hearing on this thread and I hope all of you will do the same. This will be an event to watch, no matter where you live.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I hope VCDL has more stickers on order!

Time for another donation so they can prepare for the much larger crowd.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Antifa doesnt necessarily need larger numbers, they just need the right camera angles, and another tactic they use is hoping their threat of appearance/violence will keep you guys from showing up. Hopefully it all goes well.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Just keep spreading the word that this is "Lobby Day" and not the start of civil war 2.0. Better to have less people if some don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Just keep spreading the word that this is "Lobby Day" and not the start of civil war 2.0. Better to have less people if some don't understand that.
    That's exactly what I have been saying, but there are some people who are seeing this as "Lexington and Concord 2.0." Some are criticizing the VCDL for keeping it a lobbying/rally event and not escalating it a full-on "protest." We are not against protests, but we need to work the process first. We are not there yet, we won't be there on the 20th and hopefully we won't ever need to get there.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Senior Moderator
    I'm thinking that just one Confederate flag will give the news media even more fuel for their lopsided coverage and turn it into a "white supremacy" event in how it's reported. I hope a rainbow spectrum of attendees buries that notion before it's launched.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    The liberal news media will looking for something to put a negative spin on this event.
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    That's exactly what I have been saying, but there are some people who are seeing this as "Lexington and Concord 2.0." Some are criticizing the VCDL for keeping it a lobbying/rally event and not escalating it a full-on "protest." We are not against protests, but we need to work the process first. We are not there yet, we won't be there on the 20th and hopefully we won't ever need to get there.
    I agree. Lobby Day is not the time/place for a protest. Lobby Day is the time to try to communicate viewpoint to representatives, so hopefully there will not be a need for a protest.

I fear fully kitted militias could backfire. With the media there, they will focus on those militia elements and exploit the optic. The optic that I think we as Virginians need to strive for is everyday average citizens there to let our elected representatives know that preserving our RTKBA is important to us. The better we represent ourselves as a diverse group of upstanding citizens; then the harder it is for the media to portray us as white male racist paramilitary gun nuts trying to use intimidation to keep our weapons of war.

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'm thinking that just one Confederate flag will give the news media even more fuel for their lopsided coverage and turn it into a "white supremacy" event in how it's reported. I hope a rainbow spectrum of attendees buries that notion before it's launched.
    I stead of Confederate Flag, need a few Armed Equality banners or Flags because the media wouldn’t know what to do.
    gatorbait51, airslot and Merovius like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Antifa doesnt necessarily need larger numbers, they just need the right camera angles, and another tactic they use is hoping their threat of appearance/violence will keep you guys from showing up. Hopefully it all goes well.
    When has ANTIFA ever attacked armed victims?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I dont know. Why do you ask?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    I stead of Confederate Flag, need a few Armed Equality banners or Flags because the media wouldn’t know what to do.
    Picture this... a row of people arm in arm holding their favorite banners, including Old Glory, the rainbow flag, the Confederate flag, an Antifa flag, blue lives matter, black lives matter, all wearing blaze orange Guns Save Lives stickers and carrying a Gadsden "Don't Tread on Me" banner together. Heads would explode.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

VIP Member
    I dont know. Why do you ask?
    I'm thinking the likelihood of an ANTIFA scuffle with armed groups of 2A supporters is pretty much nonexistent.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

I'm thinking the likelihood of an ANTIFA scuffle with armed groups of 2A supporters is pretty much nonexistent.
    They don’t need to scuffle. Charleston was a success for them. They know what they need to do to achieve desired results.

They don’t need to scuffle. Charleston was a success for them. They know what they need to do to achieve desired results.
    Interesting development: As reported by TTAG and the VCDL FB page, the Richmond Antifa chapter ("Seven Hills") and the Tidewater Chapter have put out statements on their FB pages that they are also against the proposed new gun laws and against Northam's fascist tactics. Northam's KKK/blackface picture is on their posts and posters with that picture have been appearing around town. The VCDL hasn't been putting them up!

Strange bedfellows, huh?
    Mike1956, Havok, PPS1980 and 7 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links