VA: the wins begin; HB 192 withdrawn - Page 4

VA: the wins begin; HB 192 withdrawn

This is a discussion on VA: the wins begin; HB 192 withdrawn within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by craze All states have primary elections to my knowledge. Some state require you to be registered to a particular party in order ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: VA: the wins begin; HB 192 withdrawn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    All states have primary elections to my knowledge. Some state require you to be registered to a particular party in order to paticipate in that party's primary. Other state's like mine have an open primary. No party affiliation is required you simply choose the party who's primary you want to participate in at the time of voting. I despise the democratic party but have voted in democratic primary elections to choose the weaker candidate, by doing that I give up my chance to vote in the republican primary as you have to choose one. Sounds like TN has a similar primary system.

"A primary election is an election in which registered voters select a candidate that they believe should be a political party's candidate for elected office to run in the general election. They are also used to choose convention delegates and party leaders. Primaries are state-level and local-level elections that take place prior to a general election. Tennessee utilizes an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary. However, voters must affiliate with a party at the primary polling location or declare their allegiance to the party.[1][2][3][4]"
    We have a jungle primary here;Edwin Edwards gift to himself and Dem party. One issue we have is so many egos got the current Dem Governor elected; that and millions of out of state money
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

An update on this: Orrock said he was withdrawing the bill, but as of today, it is still active, being printed and awaiting committee assignment. Now he is saying he will withdraw it once the session starts. Something is very fishy here...
    Merovius likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    An update on this: Orrock said he was withdrawing the bill, but as of today, it is still active, being printed and awaiting committee assignment. Now he is saying he will withdraw it once the session starts. Something is very fishy here...
    That is odd. Potential party jumper?
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    "As a staunch supporter of the 2nd ammendment"

What a joke! A "staunch supporter" never would have wrote this crap bill let alone submit it.
    As Mark Twain once said....

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    All states have primary elections to my knowledge.
    Nine states have caucuses instead of primaries. Two of those are hybrid. Kentucky has a Republican caucus and Democratic primary. Washington has the reverse.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Nine states have caucuses instead of primaries. Two of those are hybrid. Kentucky has a Republican caucus and Democratic primary. Washington has the reverse.
    At first I misread that as "circuses."
    jmf552, NECCdude and TimBob like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I'm puzzled by that one. First, as pointed out, he is a Republican. Second, the two counties he represents, Caroline and Spotsylvania, voted to become 2A sanctuaries on the same night, Dec. 10. Then, he introduced the bill on Dec. 27 and withdrew it the next day. That just doesn't make sense to me. There has to be something else behind this story.
    They should collect signatures and throw him out of the office. Like folks in Colorado did - quite a while ago. An no one repeated what they did since.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What would be the point? One vote is one vote. I see no advantage to re-registering.
    Registering only affects what you do at primary. At some times I was registering to vote down ultimate pieces of garbage. At other times I registered (differently it happened to be) to make sure best candidate is not kicked out of race.

And at election itself everybody gets the same ballot. So I register differently if the need is at next primary. And to whatever level I hate both of two candidates from two major competing gangs, I do not vote for someone else whom I may love but who I know will not win anyway. Because that would be to just throw away my vote, instead of using it for lesser of two bads.
    Last edited by gunenthusiast; January 3rd, 2020 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Why would you be surprised as many of those that work in the Federal Govt live there.....Need I say more!
    I came to an opinion that nobody who IS in the government or who works "for the government" (i.e. whose salary comes from taxpayer's money) should be allowed to vote. Also, no one who receives "government handouts".

I know I didn't make many friends here by saying that. However, I don't know other sure way to prevent govenment from getting worse and worse.

Nix
    Didn't we fight a small revolution to get past that kind of thing?

Virginia played a role in that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gunenthusiast View Post
    Registering only affects what you do at primary. At some times I was registering to vote down ultimate pieces of garbage. At other times I registered (differently it happened to be) to make sure best candidate is not kicked out of race.

And at election itself everybody gets the same ballot. So I register differently if the need is at next primary. And to whatever level I hate both of two candidates from two major competing gangs, I do not vote for someone else whom I may love but who I know will not win anyway. Because that would be to just throw away my vote, instead of using it for lesser of two bads.
    Sounds so . . . Putinish.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links