Legal interstate transport of a firearm proposal

This is a discussion on Legal interstate transport of a firearm proposal within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While the libs are trying to destroy the 2A in VA, a senator from Montana is proposing a bill to allow interstate transport of a ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By tahmail
  • 2 Post By retired badge 1

Thread: Legal interstate transport of a firearm proposal

While the libs are trying to destroy the 2A in VA, a senator from Montana is proposing a bill to allow interstate transport of a firearm without risk of prosecution. Lets stay on top of this and help it through.

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont., introduced a pro-Second Amendment bill to the Senate last month aimed at easing restrictions on gun owners transporting their firearms across state lines.

The bill would reform the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA), clarifying the term “transport” to include “staying in temporary lodging overnight, stopping for food, fuel, vehicle maintenance, an emergency, medical treatment, and any other activity incidental.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sec...daines-montana

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Common sense. Unacceptable in Washington, DC.
    pskys2 and kmckinnon like this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    It might pass the Senate but I don't see it going anywhere in the house unless the Republicans can grab it back in 2020
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    It might pass the Senate but I don't see it going anywhere in the house unless the Republicans can grab it back in 2020
    Heck it depends on who you call a republican.
    I like the bill, wish it would have feet, but I will not hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by tahmail View Post
    While the libs are trying to destroy the 2A in VA, a senator from Montana is proposing a bill to allow interstate transport of a firearm without risk of prosecution. Lets stay on top of this and help it through.

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont., introduced a pro-Second Amendment bill to the Senate last month aimed at easing restrictions on gun owners transporting their firearms across state lines.

The bill would reform the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA), clarifying the term “transport” to include “staying in temporary lodging overnight, stopping for food, fuel, vehicle maintenance, an emergency, medical treatment, and any other activity incidental.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sec...daines-montana
    Thanks for the heads up....hope it comes to fruitation!

Sponsored Links