Virginia is at the brink of destroying the second amendment

This is a discussion on Virginia is at the brink of destroying the second amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://gunowners.org/va172020/ Please email our legislators through this link. I am seeing all sorts of insane proposals in the past week. We need to stop this. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Virginia is at the brink of destroying the second amendment

https://gunowners.org/va172020/

Please email our legislators through this link.

I am seeing all sorts of insane proposals in the past week. We need to stop this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    ETXhiker likes this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post

I am seeing all sorts of insane proposals in the past week. We need to stop this.

Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    With their newfound majority in Richmond, the Dems are feeling particularly emboldened and cocky when it comes to draconian anti-gun legislation.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.― Friedrich Nietzsche

VIP Member
    Hopefully they are overplaying their hand.
    The republicans need to learn from their mistakes in the last state elections.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    With their newfound majority in Richmond, the Dems are feeling particularly emboldened and cocky when it comes to draconian anti-gun legislation.
    We are their test case, their beta test bed if you wish. Succeed here and they believe they can succeed anywhere.
    CDRGlock, Merovius, darbo and 8 others like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post

Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    Firstly, the real danger is to Article I, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution and then the Second Amendment of the Federal Constitution. The first one is under immediate siege while the second one is safe from this nonsense for the moment.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

This is a link to email our legislators. I received a response, already, from my congressman, Joe McNamara.[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200110/227ba1e6fdd53dfeb328019b2b20e262.jpg[/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Firstly, the real danger is to Article I, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution and then the Second Amendment of the Federal Constitution. The first one is under immediate siege while the second one is safe from this nonsense for the moment.
    I like to remind folks that the Virginia Constitution was ratified in 1776 -- twelve years before the U.S. Constitution. And most of it, including Article 1, Section 13 was written by patriot George Mason (for whom there is a state university named -- and where the gun-grabbers have recently held meetings), who declined to sign the U.S. Constitution originally because it did not include a Bill of Rights. Article 1, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution reads

Article I. Bill of Rights
    Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power
    That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

We are at the brink of destroying more than 2A. The first official day of the session was the 8th. What is supposed to happen the first day is the legislature sets the rules for the session and assigns bills to committees. But they didn't do that on the 8th and people were speculating as to why. Now we know why.

The Dems in the House all got together in closed session and came up with a rule that all gun bills get handled by one committee, the Rules Committee. Then they got it voted in along party lines. This circumvents the normal committee process, limits legislator and public debate, and makes it easier to "slam dunk" these bills. Republicans have complained that this hijacks the whole legislative process. As those of you who have done lobbying know, committees are normally the best place to get legislation killed.

It would not be surprising if the Senate does the same.
    matthew03 and Merovius like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    We are at the brink of destroying more than 2A. The first official day of the session was the 8th. What is supposed to happen the first day is the legislature sets the rules for the session and assigns bills to committees. But they didn't do that on the 8th and people were speculating as to why. Now we know why.

The Dems in the House all got together in closed session and came up with a rule that all gun bills get handled by one committee, the Rules Committee. Then they got it voted in along party lines. This circumvents the normal committee process, limits legislator and public debate, and makes it easier to "slam dunk" these bills. Republicans have complained that this hijacks the whole legislative process. As those of you who have done lobbying know, committees are normally the best place to get legislation killed.

It would not be surprising if the Senate does the same.
    It is getting worse by the day. The disdain they have for the electorate is beyond belief. Sounds a little the house impeachment hearings.
    Merovius likes this.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    I like to remind folks that the Virginia Constitution was ratified in 1776 -- twelve years before the U.S. Constitution. And most of it, including Article 1, Section 13 was written by patriot George Mason (for whom there is a state university named -- and where the gun-grabbers have recently held meetings), who declined to sign the U.S. Constitution originally because it did not include a Bill of Rights. Article 1, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution reads
    Both George Mason and Patrick Henry were adamant about the inclusion of a Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution and as you said, refused to ratify the new Constitution until a Bill of Rights was drafted and included. At first Madison did not see the need for a Bill of Rights since Article I, Section 8 enumerated what the federal government was allowed to do. But Mason and Henry convinced him of their fear that subsequent congresses, administrations, and justices might ignore what was in the Constitution at the expense of We the People, thereby threatening liberty. Madison came around and we are thankful for that.
    Merovius, gr8shooter and NECCdude like this.

America First!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    As much as I like your post, I hope you're correct about safe from this nonsense.
    Merovius likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    As much as I like your post, I hope you're correct about safe from this nonsense.
    You and me both. Things are getting insane here and I pray it doesn't spread to other states.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I agree, but I feel like I say this after every election.
    OldChap and Merovius like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    IMHO the real trick will be IF VA has any more free elections. Ultimately, I'm not sure the answer lies in electing RINOS. What we desperately need is a viable third party.

However, the only remedy left may be to remove the ability of those who believe themselves kings from governance.
    Merovius likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

I wonder if they know how bad it will affect their economy when 100 million gun owners boycott their state.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links