VA: News Media report 3 "White Supremicists" Arrested ahead of Monday's Lobby Day - Page 3

VA: News Media report 3 "White Supremicists" Arrested ahead of Monday's Lobby Day

This is a discussion on VA: News Media report 3 "White Supremicists" Arrested ahead of Monday's Lobby Day within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Havok For sure, I just think the whole white supremacy thing should not be the main focus, but of course if the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: VA: News Media report 3 "White Supremicists" Arrested ahead of Monday's Lobby Day

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    For sure, I just think the whole white supremacy thing should not be the main focus, but of course if the media wants to push a narrative, thats what they will put front and center.
    You are correct, sir. If the media can paint lawful gun owners with the white supremacist brush, they will do so at every opportunity. In Gov Northam's speech, he referred several times to 'Charlotte', and that they didn't want the same thing to happen in Virginia. (Charlotte, however, was under completely different circumstances.) But I believe he succeeded, aided by the FBI arrests, in lofting out the white supremacist generalization over the pro 2A crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    A dishonorable discharge is looked at as a felony conviction. And will follow you the rest of your life. So it is looked at as a crime. DR
    From what I have read, people in the military proven to be just white supremacists with no other offenses, get General Discharges. That is not legally equivalent to a criminal record. If it is an OTH General, you can be barred from federal employment and some VA benefits. If it is a regular General, there are no legal implications, but it just doesn't look good.
    railfancwb and Merovius like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Well, in reading from the two links provided, I see that Mathews was not "booted" out of the Canadian Army Reserve but suspended from duties while under investigation. No charges against him are pending in Canada and 'til now they have been treating it as a missing person case; presumably that will change as he has now been found.

"Tuesday’s complaint charges Canadian national Patrik Jordan Mathews, 27, and Brian Mark Lemley Jr., 33, of Elkton, Maryland, with transporting a firearm and ammunition with intent to commit a felony. William Garfield Bilbrough IV, 19, of Denton, Maryland, is charged with transporting and harboring aliens.

As far as the US goes, it seems the true issue with these guys is illegal entry into the US (Mathews), possibly converting a semi-auto rifle to fully automatic, and harboring illegal aliens.

It does look like they were up to no good. Better written news would be helpful.
    airslot, M1911A1 and Merovius like this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Being able to fire/discharge someone is not the same as it being a crime. People make a huge deal about someone being a white supremacist. Whether or not you agree with their view on race, they have a right to have that view in the US.
    Ah, but the DoD treats as one functionally because those found "guilty" of such associations/beliefs are given either "other than honorable" or "dishonerable" discharges - which are the equivalent of having a criminal record for purposes of hiring (both), buying weapons (the latter), etc.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

The “white supremacist” label might be harder to apply once other groups join in the rally. Antifa Seven Hills, based in Richmond, has announced that they will be joining the pro-2A protesters.

Strange bedfellows and all that.

“Antifa Seven Hills, based in Richmond, are opposing the slew of gun bills introduced by the newly Democratic Legislature since November, because they say those types of laws are used primarily to criminalize poor people, minorities, and leftists — and to bolster law enforcement’s power.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...es-in-virginia
    railfancwb and Merovius like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Ah, but the DoD treats as one functionally because those found "guilty" of such associations/beliefs are given either "other than honorable" or "dishonerable" discharges - which are the equivalent of having a criminal record for purposes of hiring (both), buying weapons (the latter), etc.
    If you are being found guilty, then they are kicking you out for more than just disliking another race. You may remember a recent thread on here about a couple NG members who were kicked out for being white supremacists, and neither of them received dishonorables.
    We get the government we deserve.

After notorious media and social media smear campaigns, I'll wait awhile for the dust to settle before joining in the fray.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/2837478001/
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    After notorious media and social media smear campaigns, I'll wait awhile for the dust to settle before joining in the fray.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/2837478001/
    Or Duke lacrosse team. Or Jussie Smollet. Trayvon Martin, the fat dumb kid from Ferguson, Gray in Baltimore, Stormy Daniels, etc etc etc.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Questionable???? How about this one?

Aliens? As in ET Phone Home? Seriously? This sounds extremely fishy - more Epstein hung himself foolishness.

Good luck FBI with proving somebody "transporting a weapon with INTENT to commit a felony."
    Got hate crimes on the books why not intent crimes? Red flagging.

How can someone be arrested and charged with harboring an illegal alien in a sanctuary city/state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MMinSC and OldChap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have to say I'm actually not surprised. On the VCDL Facebook page, I'm seeing a lot of immature nonsense masquerading as ultra-right wing nut-jobbery crawling out of the woodwork. I am not saying the three busted should or should not have been busted. That depends on if they are guilty. I also don't trust the FBI. But if LE can do anything to keep the complete idiots away on Monday, it will be a relief. Patriots, welcome. Crazies, not so much.

If Lobby Day blows up in our face, I am convinced it will be extremists on the pro-gun side that will cause it.
    Not thinking anti-gunners would do something to discredit pro-gunners then?

Havok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have to say I'm actually not surprised. On the VCDL Facebook page, I'm seeing a lot of immature nonsense masquerading as ultra-right wing nut-jobbery crawling out of the woodwork. I am not saying the three busted should or should not have been busted. That depends on if they are guilty. I also don't trust the FBI. But if LE can do anything to keep the complete idiots away on Monday, it will be a relief. Patriots, welcome. Crazies, not so much.

If Lobby Day blows up in our face, I am convinced it will be extremists on the pro-gun side that will cause it.
    The story I saw earlier had these guys linked to a group of "PRO ANARCHY" wack jobs. They don't give a damn about the gun control issues.

Here's the article from Fox
    MMinSC, msgt/ret and Hoganbeg like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreRuger View Post
    The “white supremacist” label might be harder to apply once other groups join in the rally. Antifa Seven Hills, based in Richmond, has announced that they will be joining the pro-2A protesters.

Strange bedfellows and all that.

“Antifa Seven Hills, based in Richmond, are opposing the slew of gun bills introduced by the newly Democratic Legislature since November, because they say those types of laws are used primarily to criminalize poor people, minorities, and leftists — and to bolster law enforcement’s power.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...es-in-virginia
    Well certainly the early gun control laws in the States were to keep newly freed slaves from arming themselves.

M1911A1 likes this.

The FBI arrested three white dressed Supremes? You don't say. Didn't know they cared about politics.

MMinSC, OldChap and airslot like this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
    Not thinking anti-gunners would do something to discredit pro-gunners then?
    As Napoleon said, "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." I think the anti-gunners would do something to discredit us, but the way things are, I think they would do better to hang back and let the radicals on our side screw up on their own.
    dangerranger and airslot like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links