We are ALL Virginians now - "Ich bin ein Virginian!" - Page 2

We are ALL Virginians now - "Ich bin ein Virginian!"

This is a discussion on We are ALL Virginians now - "Ich bin ein Virginian!" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wholly agree with @ graydude and @ jmf552 ! This rally has the potential to be a big win for 2A, but only if ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: We are ALL Virginians now - "Ich bin ein Virginian!"

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar

We are ALL Virginians now - "Ich bin ein Virginian!"

I wholly agree with @graydude and @jmf552 !

This rally has the potential to be a big win for 2A, but only if it is peaceful. Unfortunately, it also has the potential to be a big win for gun controllers if it turns violent.

In addition to the stereotypical gun rights supporters, the Neo-Nazi and militia types the Governor mentioned; there are also going to be members of The Well Armed Woman, Armed Equality, Pink Pistols, and even BLM and ANTIFA. All these groups are going to be standing on the same side for once and that is to protect the 2A. It will be a powder keg waiting to explode. The key is if the differences can be put aside for one day then everyone watching, which will be the nation because of the Governor voicing his fears, will see that the 2A is not the partisan issue that everyone tries to make it out to be. Liberals will no longer get to act like only white males are the ones supporting 2A.

This is not the message that Democrats and gun controllers want to get out. I have no don’t that there will be people in the crowd with a sole purpose of trying to cause trouble and violence, so gun owners can be blamed. But the bad actors cannot be allowed to succeed.

I just hope the large group that was anticipated still shows up and those attending realize that the message will be its loudest if Lobby Day remains peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I don't speak German (I barely speak English), so thank you for the correction.
    Why not put it Texan: "Virginnie Ya'll"
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    The original referred to himself being a donut.....
    I knew this retort was coming.

No he didn't. It'd be like giving a speech in Philadelphia and saying I'm a Philly instead of a Philadelphian.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    I wholly agree with @graydude and @jmf552 !

In addition to the stereotypical gun rights supporters, the Neo-Nazi and militia types the Governor mentioned; there are also going to be members of The Well Armed Woman, Armed Equality, Pink Pistols, and even BLM and ANTIFA. All these groups are going to be standing on the same side for once and that is to protect the 2A.
    Do you really think BLM and ANTIFA are there to support the 2A? I saw the article about ANTIFA, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I can't be there personally, but I'm hoping the money I've contributed to various pro-2A groups will be put to good use. I also pray this doesn't turn into another Charlottesville.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Brother I pray all this comes to nothing, but I am surprised you have any sense that your governor is in any way, shape, or form an honorable man. I get the feeling he might just as soon cast all of you into prison and forget to bring you food and water.
    I never said, or even hinted, I think he is an honorable man. I don't even think he is all that clever. I do think he is being told what to do by smarter people and I am thinking of the optics they want. Shooting a bunch of unarmed rally attendees on the Capitol grounds, in front of the national media and thousands of witnesses? That would just make the pro-gun people martyrs. Much better to take down some AR totin' guys in cammies on a side street in Richmond and claim they started it.

Look, anything could happen at this event. But we have thousands of people willing to go, unarmed, and risk whatever might happen. People who are showing up, standing up and saying "no" to the governor even though it may not do any good. All to exercise their 1A rights and take a stand, let the world know. Some of these people are coming from all over the country into a big unknown. But at least for once, no one will be able say pro-gun people were apathetic, that we were silent, that we made it easy for the gun grabbers.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Do you really think BLM and ANTIFA are there to support the 2A? I saw the article about ANTIFA, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I can't be there personally, but I'm hoping the money I've contributed to various pro-2A groups will be put to good use. I also pray this doesn't turn into another Charlottesville.
    BLM definitely because the ones I know of are going are traveling down with another gun rights group.

As far as ANTIFA, I believe they are, because there was word of their support previously when it was with the sanctuary meetings. That being said, I don’t trust them to not start something with other groups that may show up, especially White Supremacists.
    spclopr8tr, oneshot and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    What's happening in Virginia is going to affect us all. I just sent $$$ to GOA this week because I believe they are the best national organization in a position to help out, (as an NRA life member I don't have a lot of faith in them at this point.)

Here's a link to a short video on Instagram from AWR Hawkins (if you don't know who he is, you should). He lays out why what is happening in Virginia is important to YOU, and why we should support our brothers there. Even if you're not a member of Instagram, you can still watch the video.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7YeEeC...ource=ig_embed

You can also donate to the Virginia Citizens Defense League. I just donated $35.00 to pay for a seat on the bus for a person to attend this next week's rally.

https://www.vcdl.org
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Same here.
    I sent $35 for someones seat on a bus, AND just now joined GOA. Am a member of NRA but they are losing it, and somehow I feel they are, and have been in bed with the anti gun crowd, who believe only the government should have guns. Will probably let membership go. Sad day for me, Been a member for over 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    While I think we should do whatever we can to support our friends in Virginia, here's the real reason they got in this predicament to begin with. Elections have consequences (per Obama ) and I wonder how many that are upset now didn't take the time to vote. 60% is actually pretty good in US elections though, especially in a non-Presidential election cycle.

Year

Total Registered

Turnout (% Voting of Total Registered)
    59.5%

“Your 2nd Amendment is under very serious attack in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia,” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter Friday night, referring to the amendment in the Bill of Rights that gives Americans the right to keep and bear firearms. “That’s what happens when you vote for Democrats, they will take your guns away.”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/tr...H3mDx7uytcKdEI

^^^^^^^I seriously doubt^^^^^

That it was because of a failure to turn out and vote from pro gun people. There is a large enough populace around the big cities(especially around D.C. that loathe firearms. This is just what the government was waiting for. I think there IS a small percent of people who are in Wonderland with regard to firearms, who hold the belief that the government wants only whats good for us all, AS IN--- "sensible gun regulation". That i think may be coming home to roost, and hopefully this will serve as a wake up call to the rest of the country just exactly what the government wants, at both the state and federal levels.
    G26Raven likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans
    Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I don't know how to be violent

M&Pc .357SIG, 2340Sigpro .357SIG

VIP Member
    Nice FOX article on the whole VA mess:
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/spik...-capitol-rally

The article concludes with:

Bloomberg’s Virginia plan is a template for what he wants to do in every state, and nationally if he is elected president. He will use his billions to take away our fundamental right to self-defense.

Bloomberg and Northam have gotten the attention of every law-abiding gun owner in Virginia, and indeed, the country. All of us must stand united in fighting to protect our freedom and right to self-defense.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Even though I live in Georgia, I just joined the VCDL.

It's not much, but it adds to their total membership numbers.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links