VA: Northam to limit size of crowd, tells staff & legis aides to stay home

This is a discussion on VA: Northam to limit size of crowd, tells staff & legis aides to stay home within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Northam told all nonessential staff to stay home, and many lawmakers urged aides to stay away, though committees will still meet and both chambers will ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: VA: Northam to limit size of crowd, tells staff & legis aides to stay home

VIP Member

Northam told all nonessential staff to stay home, and many lawmakers urged aides to stay away, though committees will still meet and both chambers will convene floor sessions. The young pages who run errands in the House and Senate were given the day off for safety.

The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence canceled its annual vigil and lobbying day, announcing the decision on Twitter “with a heavy heart.” The organization’s state director, Lori Haas, said it was because of “ongoing, credible threats to public safety that have been promoted … by gun extremists.”

Anyone attempting to bring in weapons will be turned away, but police will not confiscate those items, officials have said. Demonstrators who do not want to part with their guns may remain armed on city streets. Authorities say they will cut off admission to the rally once the crowd hits a certain number, which they have declined to disclose.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/vc...g-by-how-much/

NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

VIP Member
    Apparently Virginia State Senator Amanda Chase has issued a warning regarding Monday’s 2A Rally: “We Are Being Set Up”
    https://www.facebook.com/Chase4Senat...40596102672514

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Apparently Virginia State Senator Amanda Chase has issued a warning regarding Monday’s 2A Rally: “We Are Being Set Up”
    https://www.facebook.com/Chase4Senat...40596102672514

Seems to me that she probably has it right!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Any bets someone is talking with Antifa?
    Bubblehead751 likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Soros and Bloomberg plants

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Any bets someone is talking with Antifa?
    Antifa (and BLM) are both "supposedly" participating on the pro-gun side. I'll believe it when I see it.
    airslot and darbo like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

They have stepped on the tiger's tail, and now they have to deal with the consequences. Anything Northam and his co conspirators can do to discourage people from attending only works in their favor. They don't want a huge crowd, it makes them look bad. And everyone spreading the scare mongering is only playing into their hands. The utter nonsense I've seen circulating in the past few days on various websites leads me to question the intestinal fortitude and dedication of many in the pro gun community.

Of course they will have to limit the size of the crowd inside the gated off area, there are safety standards that they have to be aware of. Just like buildings having a safe occupancy limit.

Might there be trouble? Sure, it's a possibility. That's the risk you take for being a part of history.

VA: Northam to limit size of crowd, tells staff & legis aides  to stay home-quote-no-man-worth-his-salt-who-not-ready-all-times-risk-his-well-being-risk-theo.jpg
    In light and darkness alike,
    I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Freedom of association.
    Freedom of assembly.
    Right to petition the government for redress.
    Right to keep and bear arms.
    Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures of property.
    14th Amendment extension of US Constitution rights and protections to all of the states.

There seem to be quite a few enumerated and guaranteed civil rights that this Virginia governor is willing to ignore or openly violate.

Best case: The current episode in Virginia will serve as a strong example to government at every level of the dangers involved in trampling civil rights.

Worst case: The governor will preside over the opening salvo of Revolutionary War version 2.0 and create the basis for popular usage of the term "Remember Richmond".

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Antifa (and BLM) are both "supposedly" participating on the pro-gun side. I'll believe it when I see it.
    I was thinking more along the lines that Antifa may be in contact with progressive media or politicians and tipping their hand regarding "spontaneous" violent protest outbursts in the midst of peacefully assembled gun owners. The media would blame the entire gun owner population of the US and ignore the Antifa connection.

Progressive media is already painting the VCDL as a militia and all of the violent extremist connotation that goes with it.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...gun-rally.html

It appears that outside groups are trying to turn what has been a peaceful and productive event into a "crap" show. The Governor has played along like a puppet.

With all the media focus, any incident will be used to paint all in attendance in the worst possible light.

To all those attending, all I'll say is "WATCH YOUR SIX"
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Personally I would love for them to tell Northam that they, not him, will decide the crowd size.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Personally I would love for them to tell Northam that they, not him, will decide the crowd size.
    Except the problem with that would again be the media circus would use that to paint it as Northam was right and militias groups stormed the capital and All gun owners are violent. That would then be used as justification that more gun laws need to be passed. The gun rights advocates would probably also lose the support of many moderates that are currently supporting. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Northam tried using it as leverage to activate the National Guard and marshall law.

Any violence will be flipped against gun owners and make things worse, unless you think starting a war is a good thing.

Once again, good!

Also, there is no such thing as “moderates”.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links