VA: FAA and Military reportedly have entered the fray - Page 3

VA: FAA and Military reportedly have entered the fray

This is a discussion on VA: FAA and Military reportedly have entered the fray within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Those that think that what the government does in the time in which they live is radically different than what has regularly occurred in previous ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: VA: FAA and Military reportedly have entered the fray

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    Those that think that what the government does in the time in which they live is radically different than what has regularly occurred in previous times has been fitted with a permanently attached tin foil. Nothing is new. Coercion isn't new. Spying in the citizenry isn't new. Big brother is definitely not new. There was a certain FBI director from nearly 100 years ago that might put the current big brother efforts to shame. Hoover had more personal citizen files than carter has pills. Gun right debates and restrictions are way not new. US history is replete with peaceful citizen gatherings and demonstrations being broken up by US government thuggery and violence.

The only thing that changes over time is the technologies of the period. People and institutions are what they have been for centuries. The time in which you live is really not as special or unique as tin hats think it is............and what makes things stay so much the same is so much a constant that things will likely stay more like they are than not forever. But, I am sure, the people of the future will think the times in which they live, too, is radically different that the time before them. They will talk of government over-reach, oppression, constitutional breaches, and conspiracies not unlike what you hear today and yesterday.

Read a few papers from any decade of the last 200 years. Nothing that fundamentally has to do with humans or their institutions changes. Even the collective notion that the era de jour is different than the one preceding it, doesn't change.
    duane_wade and Risasi like this.

VIP Member
    It is a lot safer for Spec Ops to train over American cities than over foreign ones. Some mission training simply can't be simulated.
    airslot and msgt/ret like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    Those that think that what the government does in the time in which they live is radically different than what has regularly occurred in previous times has been fitted with a permanently attached tin foil. Nothing is new. Coercion isn't new. Spying in the citizenry isn't new. Big brother is definitely not new. There was a certain FBI director from nearly 100 years ago that might put the current big brother efforts to shame. Hoover had more personal citizen files than carter has pills. Gun right debates and restrictions are way not new. US history is replete with peaceful citizen gatherings and demonstrations being broken up by US government thuggery and violence.

The only thing that changes over time is the technologies of the period. People and institutions are what they have been for centuries. The time in which you live is really not as special or unique as tin hats think it is............and what makes things stay so much the same is so much a constant that things will likely stay more like they are than not forever. But, I am sure, the people of the future will think the times in which they live, too, is radically different that the time before them. They will talk of government over-reach, oppression, constitutional breaches, and conspiracies not unlike what you hear today and yesterday.

Read a few papers from any decade of the last 200 years. Nothing that fundamentally has to do with humans or their institutions changes. Even the collective notion that the era de jour is different than the one preceding it, doesn't change.
    Yep! Look at the Five Eyes Alliance. Our government did not become shady recently.
    Mjolnir likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    So they were training to do their job. Someone took a video of something thatís a non story and tried to make it into a big deal when it wasnít. Thatís not the same as conducting operations in the US, or against US citizens.
    Can you point me in the direction of past military training in an actual American city prior to actual combat in an urban environment ?
    Like maybe training for taking back Manila in WWII, the city of Hue, Mogadishu, Fallujah (twice)?

It's odd and a little worrisome to see the military training with local L.E in a major U.S city.

It shouldn't be surprising to see government involved surveillance in Richmond. This whole Richmond thing could just backfire for 2nd supporters by 2nd supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    i donít think I have ever heard of anything other than the NG participating in anything on US soil other than humanitarian aid type stuff. I agree about the Patriot act though, and ironically, I think I was having a discussion about that coming into play here CONUS after Soleimani was taken out recently. May have been elsewhere though.
    Short memory.

Hurricane Katrina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Sorry, practicing urban assaults on US Cities is new. Spec Ops running helicopters into American cities to practice assaulting sites with troopers. That's why we have fabricated pseudo-towns on US Military reservations.
    If the early 1990ís is considered ďnewĒ I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    Can you point me in the direction of past military training in an actual American city prior to actual combat in an urban environment ?
    Like maybe training for taking back Manila in WWII, the city of Hue, Mogadishu, Fallujah (twice)?

It's odd and a little worrisome to see the military training with local L.E in a major U.S city.

It shouldn't be surprising to see government involved surveillance in Richmond. This whole Richmond thing could just backfire for 2nd supporters by 2nd supporters.
    Look up ďUS MILITARY LIVE FIRE DRILLS IN US CITIESĒ

You SHOULD find a lot.

I recall one in Atlanta, GA(92/93) when I was in grad school. I also recall one in Detroit when I was up there, too. Donít recall the year. In DOWNTOWN Indy (though no gun fire) but Blackhawk helicopters loitering BETWEEN buildings. You could see them hovering at about 100 feet off the ground. I must admit they were cool to see.

Havok likes this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    No, you are right, he does not. However, we are seeing Federal agencies get involved in the planning for the "state of emergency" which taps Homeland Security and other agencies because the governor made the declaration. I'm not saying that the DoD is actively involved but the FAA sure is.
    This is not a Defense Support to Civil Authorities mission. Regardless of Blackface's declaration, he has to request and be approved to receive federal assistance and military assets.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    I remember seeing the 101st Airborne Division being deployed under martial law conditions when certain school districts resisted desegregation efforts during the early 1960's. Active duty military (not National Guard units) in uniform with rifles and fixed bayonets providing a corridor to allow grade school children access to public schools. As I recall a certain governor (and later presidential candidate named George Wallace) had to be physically restrained on the steps outside a public school as he stood in opposition to President J.F. Kennedy's desegregation policies and US Supreme Court orders.

Those who choose to do so may easily discover the political party affiliations of everyone involved in these incidents.
    I don't know about the sixties but I know President Eisenhower deployed the 101st in 1957 to Little Rock, Ark. to back up a 1954 U.S Supreme court decision outlawing segregated schools. The Governor of Arkansas deployed National Guard to block African American students from attending school. Eisenhower backed up the Supreme Court with Federal troops...https://armored-column.com/little-ro...orne-division/

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    The Gestapo is being formed.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Short memory.

Hurricane Katrina.

Nope. There were active duty and National Guard units involved in Katrina. Itís important to be able to differentiate between the two because they were under different COCís and laws, and as a results were involved in different things. Iím not going to say I agree with everything that occurred there though. Retired Badgeís example was much more fitting.
    Mjolnir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post

It a little more complicated than that. Every unit has a list of capabilities that it is expected to maintain proficiency in. Just because they are training on something one day doesnít mean they are planning on doing it for real the next. I wasnít on those helicopters so I donít know all the details of what was going on there, but itís not something I find that strange based on past experiences.

Here is another example in new Orleans.
    https://www.nola.com/news/article_59...2a7f438df.html
    Arejay and Mjolnir like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    How long before posse comitatis is a thing of the past.
    Seems like hearing more and more of the military having some kind of presence in civil protests.
    This all started with 911 and the ill named ďpatriot actĒ
    There is nothing patriotic about it.
    Using the military and intelligence agency against Americans
    How long till we start realizing the government (our beloved one) conducts the war against the people. No, not the open one, but like a "salami tactics", small theing here, another small thing there. And with all that gradual loss of liberties, where is the point of no return? Is it somewere close in a future? Or maybe we already past that point?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links