Virginia After Action Reports? - Page 2

Virginia After Action Reports?

This is a discussion on Virginia After Action Reports? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Our local media reported it was estimated 2,200 attended, I'm no expert but I think there were a few more than that....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree766Likes

Thread: Virginia After Action Reports?

Our local media reported it was estimated 2,200 attended, I'm no expert but I think there were a few more than that.

Virginia After Action Reports?-richmond-rally-6.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    A seamless and uneventful event. Jan Morgan, a friend of mine here from Arkansas spoke at the rally and did a live cast most of the time. I've seen estimates as high as 100,000 in attendance all over the city. We'll never know the real number I'm sure.

And the fact that no one was harmed is proof that prayer works!
    I think that the fact that there were a huge number of GoPros in operation, that Breitbart was live streaming the event (despite YouTubes attempt to kill it), and there was a largish media presence kept a lot of people in check. I also think that the fact that a large number of Pro-2A folks kept their arms and stayed outside the barrier was a factor. All-in-all the reports from legitimate sources are all positive and there were no reported incidents - sounds to have been an excellent day!
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    there should be NO surprise that law abiding normal pro- 2A citizens behaved well. There was hopeful hype by the left and its propaganda media that something would go wrong.

Good behavior by this similar crowd was evidenced in numerous Tea Party rallies(with similar smears by leftists/propaganda media, numbering in 10's of thousands where the grounds were squeaky clean after those rallies. Opposed to antifa/occupy wall street BS that left litter everywhere, even feces.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    Yes, that is undoubtedly true. Of course, it's a lie, just like all the rest they spew.

If you go back and look at the "issues" these fascists based their campaigns on, gun control was far down the list. It was all medical coverage, education, the elderly, and the usual rot. Not a single one of them ran on "we're going to grab your guns the minutes we take office." Yet that's what they have ALL done.

Bloomberg's money is the dirtiest.
    Time to get the recalls started if that is true.
    So how many signatures do y’all need in VA to call for recalls?

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    I just got back to my home in the Peoples Republic of North Virginia. Some of my observations...
    Most likely the legislature will continue to move ahead, blindly ignoring what was in evidence today. My quote for this is, "Today was the soap box. Tomorrow is the jury box. In November comes the ballot box!"
    I would multi-like this post if I could.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    JMF, GRAYDUDE, WELL REGULATED AND ALL WHO SERVED ON THIS IMPORTANT DUTY......THANK YOU. Class act guys and very much appreciated by anybody worth a damn.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Time to get the recalls started if that is true.
    So how many signatures do y’all need in VA to call for recalls?
    Right now, you have to have a number of signatures from registered voters equal to 10% of the number of voters who voted in the election for the person being recalled. However, the petition gets decided by the circuit court and it has to be based on some pretty specific charges. It can't be, "We don't like him anymore" or "He didn't vote like we thought he would." While we might all believe these politicians are guilty of these things, it would be hard to make a legal case for it.

The people I've talked to don't think recall petitions are going to be a real solution in VA. And there is nothing to say a polititician who gets recalled wouldn't be replaced with someone as bad or worse. It sounds like a satisfying option, but it really isn't.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Wow, well done to all those who participated in any way!

I see that the governor is already trying to spin the event, claiming the good behavior was due to government planning and LE efforts.

"A statement from Gov. Ralph Northam:

We are all thankful that today passed without incident. The teams successfully de-escalated what could have been a volatile situation. This resulted from weeks of planning and extensive cooperation among state, local, and federal partners in Virginia and beyond.

Virginia’s law enforcement and first responders demonstrated tremendous professionalism. I’m proud of their work. I have spoken with Colonel Settle of the State Police, Colonel Pike of the Capitol Police, and Chief Smith of the Richmond Police Department, as well as leaders of the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s office, and thanked them for keeping Virginia safe.

Thousands of people came to Richmond to make their voices heard. Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully. The issues before us evoke strong emotions, and progress is often difficult. I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe."
    Rock and Glock and airslot like this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

VIP Member
    This just in from Twitter.....

The top reportedly said "The penalty for treason is death!"

VIP Member

Virginia Senator Stephen Newman on gun rally in Richmond

"This Capital belongs to the people of Virginia. Not the legislature, not the governor," said Senator Newman.

A rather fascinating roster of videos are available on YouTube (which blocked live streaming of the event today BTW).
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...nia+2a+protest

I am glad to hear that all the hype from the governor was just that.

It is also good to hear that you have many Sheriffs supporting the cause.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...-rally-photos/
    OldVet, msgt/ret and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    But did it make a difference...……….
    Lord I hope at least some.
    Rockymonster and Merovius like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Right now, you have to have a number of signatures from registered voters equal to 10% of the number of voters who voted in the election for the person being recalled. However, the petition gets decided by the circuit court and it has to be based on some pretty specific charges. It can't be, "We don't like him anymore" or "He didn't vote like we thought he would." While we might all believe these politicians are guilty of these things, it would be hard to make a legal case for it.

The people I've talked to don't think recall petitions are going to be a real solution in VA. And there is nothing to say a polititician who gets recalled wouldn't be replaced with someone as bad or worse. It sounds like a satisfying option, but it really isn't.
    If I recall correctly, the good folks in CO recalled a couple of their traitors but failed to get the anti-2A laws repealed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Our local media reported it was estimated 2,200 attended, I'm no expert but I think there were a few more than that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	richmond-rally-6.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	499.4 KB 
ID:	311308
    Trust me. That 2,200 estimate is WAY too low. Multiply that by ten or even more and you may be closer to the actual number.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Distinguished Member
    ABC World News just reported that one of the attendees was arrested for refusing to take a mask off.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-...n-rights-rally

"Capitol Police said a 21-year-old woman had been arrested and charged with one felony count of wearing a mask in public. Law enforcement said they warned the woman twice to remove a bandana covering her face but she had refused."

Since when is a mask in public a felony? Sounds like an over-reaction, in my humble opinion.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links