Virginia After Action Reports? - Page 3

Virginia After Action Reports?

This is a discussion on Virginia After Action Reports? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA Trust me. That 2,200 estimate is WAY too low. Multiply that by ten or even more and you may be closer ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree766Likes

Thread: Virginia After Action Reports?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Trust me. That 2,200 estimate is WAY too low. Multiply that by ten or even more and you may be closer to the actual number.
    ABC reported in excess of 20,000. Seems more likely than 2000.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

So graydude and I rambled around the Richmond capital area and the take I have is this.

The crowds were tremendous. Large but also something else. Very well controlled and behaved. Civility was rampant and courtesy ruled the day. I have to admit, I have never experience such friendly and civil demeanor from people who have every right to be angered and frustrated with their public servants. In a word, the People ruled the day in their right to assemble and redress their grievances. It was a masterful display of a peaceful protest of rights being threatened.

While graydude and I sat on the bus waiting to head home, I observed two men openly carrying their long guns (AR styled) as citizens passed by numerous times without so much as a whimper. Cadres of police also passed by these to men and I mentioned to graydude that I wonder what might happen if this were in New York City or Trenton New Jersey.

It was a grand day and I have nothing but praise and thanks for the multitudes of people who took the time and made the effort to present their position on the most important liberty we possess as Virginians and Americans.

I will go to sleep tonight with a huge smile on my face and thankful for the people I saw today, from Virginia and other parts of the country.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Time to get the recalls started if that is true.
    So how many signatures do y’all need in VA to call for recalls?
    While the focus on this and similar forums has been on Second Amendment issues, there are a slew of other nasty items the fascists have put on the docket.

One of those is to raise the percentage of signatures needed for a recall from 10% to 25%. That percentage is based on vote count from the last election.

Another item is to extend the governor's term from four to eight years (Virginia limits its governors to one term).

By the way, there was a recall petition being signed. I doubt today's attendance, even if everyone signed, would have met the 10% requisite, but it was a good start. In my mind, any elected official who knows there is an active and growing recall motion should start either planning to change his ways, or plan to move on to another career. I'm betting Northam will do neither.

There are others. A full list of proposed bills in Virginia's 2020 session may be found here.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    This is fantastic!

Celebrate your victory!

Now the work starts! Letters, e-mails and calls on every bad bill, testimonies in Committees, more letters, more rallies.

I truly believe Virginia can stop this stupidity now!

Don’t forget the other dumb proposals either. NPV, 8 year terms, petition % increases.

Today was a great start!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Yes, strike while the iron is hot—and then strike some more!
    airslot and msgt/ret like this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Just think how aggressive the liberal governments would get if we WERE disarmed? scary thought.

this is not over. Far from over.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    this is not over. Far from over.
    That is absolutely true. No one ever thought Lobby Day would finish anything. And we also know that at this point, all we can do is be marginally successful. But if you are into easy, quick, permanent solutions, gun rights is a frustrating struggle. Hopefully, this is part of the start of the solution. But the solution is still a long ways off.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...ut-va-n2559815

AOC is making ridiculous comments again. This time about the Lobby Day. Check it out for a good laugh.
    retired badge 1 likes this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post

AOC is making ridiculous comments again. This time about the Lobby Day. Check it out for a good laugh.
    She is also incorrect about there being "almost no police officers at that protest" (in Richmond). The place was crawling with cops and I am sure they had every cop in three counties on standby.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post

That dizzy little broad needs to go back to bartending maybe that was something she had knowledge about.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That dizzy little broad needs to go back to bartending maybe that was something she had knowledge about.
    Reports are that her distinct will be the one lost to NY based on the new census. Even if that is not true, she will face some serious challenges from her own party if she runs again.

Personally, I will miss her. She is entertaining and I think she is one of the best things the liberals have ever come up with to boost conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Reports are that her distinct will be the one lost to NY based on the new census. Even if that is not true, she will face some serious challenges from her own party if she runs again.

Personally, I will miss her. She is entertaining and I think she is one of the best things the liberals have ever come up with to boost conservatism.
    I don't know but most pictures I see of her make me wonder if her elevator goes all the way to the top or not.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I don't know but most pictures I see of her make me wonder if her elevator goes all the way to the top or not.
    Oh, it doesn't. She's crazy as a loon. But that is the kind of liberals we need. It's the ones who almost seem sane that are dangerous.

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    She is also incorrect about there being "almost no police officers at that protest" (in Richmond). The place was crawling with cops and I am sure they had every cop in three counties on standby.
    There were uniformed police and sheriffs PARADING WITH THE CROWD. I saw a photo of three lawmen carrying a banner reading, "We Support the 2nd Amendment."
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links