NRA?? - Page 3

NRA??

This is a discussion on NRA?? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by G-man* I知 not buying it without validation. Misinformation to split ranks is a major doctrine of counter intelligence operations, and it is ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: NRA??

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I知 not buying it without validation.

Misinformation to split ranks is a major doctrine of counter intelligence operations, and it is foolhardy to believe the left does not have the knowledge, ability, motive, and money to sow seeds of divisiveness.

Lets not allow our emotions to retard critical thinking in these perilous times.
    1000 likes! Well-said G-man!
    OD* and Tangle like this.
    的 come in peace. I didn稚 bring artillery. But I知 pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I値l kill you all."
    James 溺ad Dog Mattis

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    All this back and forth still does not answer the question.
    Where WAS the NRA yesterday on lobby day?
    They should have been front and center.
    We can talk misinformation all we want, probably some truth in it.
    But my eyes and ears do not lie.
    I did not see or hear any NRA presence Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I think they were there like, a week before.
    Instymp likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.
    -Jeff Cooper

Looking around doesn稚 cost you anything; and it痴 a healthy habit
    -Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Maybe they didn't have the BUS FAIR to get there!!!!!!!
    NECCdude and baren like this.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I think they were there like, a week before.
    Granted, but I believe they should have been there for the main event.
    Not a separate it's just about us event.
    All the other groups were playing nice together except the NRA I guess because they did not want to share the spotlight with any other organization? I don't know.
    They need to remember the words of Benjamin Franklin on the signing of the Declaration of Independence.+
    "We must all hang together or, most assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    I saw the NRA twice yesterday at the rally.

Both times the letters were big and bold on the ball caps two people were wearing.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Granted, but I believe they should have been there for the main event.
    Not a separate it's just about us event.
    All the other groups were playing nice together except the NRA I guess because they did not want to share the spotlight with any other organization? I don't know.
    They need to remember the words of Benjamin Franklin on the signing of the Declaration of Independence.+
    "We must all hang together or, most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
    I don稚 agree.

With all the hostility towards the NRA, it痴 a damned if they do, damned if they don稚.

They don稚 show and people say they should have been there; they do show and people say they were trying to steal the limelight and take credit for the grassroots local organization efforts.

The NRA May have its problems. But no one on the Federal Level is worried about GOA or VCDL...the NRA is still the power influence on Capital Hill.

Lets put the animosity aside and support them all.
    Militant, OldVet, mbschne and 5 others like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

I don稚 agree.

With all the hostility towards the NRA, it痴 a damned if they do, damned if they don稚.

They don稚 show and people say they should have been there; they do show and people say they were trying to steal the limelight and take credit for the grassroots local organization efforts.

The NRA May have its problems. But no one on the Federal Level is worried about GOA or VCDL...the NRA is still the power influence on Capital Hill.

Lets put the animosity aside and support them all.
    The only reason people say things like that about the NRA is if they swoop in at the last minute to take credit for what other groups did.

Nobody at the federal level is worried about the NRA. The left knows that if they keep their focus on them, as a result, the NRA gets wealthy because the left helps the NRA keep their head above water as they support gun control. The NRA does not vote on bills. They may help write them, but they do not cast votes, legislators do. The left will keep pushing this button until it痴 worn out.

Rather than us getting on board with the NRA, maybe the NRA needs to get on board with gun rights.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    The only reason people say things like that about the NRA is if they swoop in at the last minute to take credit for what other groups did.

Nobody at the federal level is worried about the NRA. The left knows that if they keep their focus on them, as a result, the NRA gets wealthy because the left helps the NRA keep their head above water as they support gun control. The NRA does not vote on bills. They may help write them, but they do not cast votes, legislators do. The left will keep pushing this button until it痴 worn out.

Rather than us getting on board with the NRA, maybe the NRA needs to get on board with gun rights.
    Well, I reckon there are a mix of truths and subjective opinions in that.

Do what ya want, feel how you want to feel, but all the protesting, rallying, and memberships are not going to prevail.

In the end, our only recourse is to use the things to protect us that we are trying to protect.
    And that my friend, is money in the bank.
    Havok, Merovius and Tangle like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post

The NRA is not "damned if the do, and damned if they don't". In GA they simply Don't! Nothing other than those stupid orange postcards in years on the many gains we have made at the State Legislature. GA Carry Organization has been the spearhead on all of the gains. Our lobby day doesn't hold a candle to VA's but its been pretty effective. We once were told by my State Rep that two NRA "youngsters" came by earlier in the day, that he did not know them, they were not from GA, and he was "polite to them". Funny, they didn't contact or coordinate with GCO.
    Havok, OldChap, taltexan and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

It's happened before to others. The NRA got to big for their britches. I'm a life member standing by and hope they come to their senses. If they were to merge with the AARP and Publisher Clearing House I wouldn't be a bit surprised.
    PPS1980, taltexan and baren like this.

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    It's happened before to others. The NRA got to big for their britches. I'm a life member standing by and hope they come to their senses. If they were to merge with the AARP and Publisher Clearing House I wouldn't be a bit surprised.
    You mean they haven't? It seems all the mail I get from the NRA these days is discount coupons for insurance, flights, ExpertVoice membership and a slew of non 2A-related ads.
    taltexan, Arejay, baren and 1 others like this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Distinguished Member
    Considering what is at stake, they should've been there and highly visible.
    taltexan, OldVet, Arejay and 4 others like this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

The VCDL as an organization has never said anything bad about the NRA. We have provided volunteers for NRA events when they've asked us. Privately though, VCDL members lament the fact that the NRA will never partner with us on anything. It is all take and no give. Their state organization, the VSSA, has no contact I have seen with the VCDL and never seems to show up for the key events. Most VCDL members are NRA members. Wayne LaPierre is a VCDL member.

So, NRA, if you are listening, we would love to partner with you. We would love to have you step back up to be the leader and spokesperson of whole gun rights community. But you can't keep taking compromised positions on gun rights issues. You can't keep having embarrassing internal scandals. You can't keep ignoring all the other organization that are fighting this fight.

The left beats us because they don't factionalize. If they have five different anti-gun organizations, they form a "Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence" and they all belong and work together. The NRA should be the group leading the "Coalition for Gun Rights." We want that. No one is happy about being critical of the NRA. We miss what they stood for when we first joined back in the day. We want that NRA back.

Are you listening NRA? Bueller? Bueller?
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Donated to GOA last month and I'll let my NRA membership expire to avoid support an organization that has become bloated, "top heavy", ineffective and wasteful of donated funds.
    taltexan, danco, PPS1980 and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links