Just Came back from the gun store for Ammo in CA - Page 3

Just Came back from the gun store for Ammo in CA

This is a discussion on Just Came back from the gun store for Ammo in CA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by forester58 There is some risk in doing that. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ca...ada-gun-shows/ Someone on this forum also said they are starting to check ID in ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Just Came back from the gun store for Ammo in CA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    There is some risk in doing that.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ca...ada-gun-shows/
    Someone on this forum also said they are starting to check ID in the Oregon border towns to make sure your not a CA resident although I don't know how that can be legal to snope for another state?
    Scott Tarbell, the organizer of the Reno event, is a traitor given he "invites" undercover agents to his event and encourages their attendance.

If I were the Sheriff of the county in which the event is occurring I think I would have something to say about LEOs from OUT OF STATE doing surveillance in my county. But that's just me.
    Mjolnir likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

California's idea or concept of Liberty is a convoluted mess. But hey at least in Cali you can vote as many times as they let ya while using any bathroom you want unless of course you just want to go in the street.

There must be thousands of Californians yet to be convicted and labeled as "individuals impacted by the justice system". Oregon ain't to far behind 'em
    Rock and Glock, Mjolnir and OD* like this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    just get a new "real" ID. you're going to have to eventually.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    My DW and I finally relented and got Real IDs. It makes air travel a wee bit easier, in addition to our KTN.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by MB53 View Post
    And have a gun that is registered to the state database!

Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    Holy cow that is simply ridiculous.

A serious question, how can you fix things when they get that bad?
    Well, the answer would likely violate forum rules so...

Quote Originally Posted by Two Bears View Post
    Well, I had gone to the local gun store and ordered some ammo for my 12 gauge that was not in stock, which I had to pay for in advance. The store called me my order was in now almost a week and half later; so I go in to pick up the order. It has been about three years since the last time I have purchased ammo since I buy enough I did not have to go into town often when I lived in the desert. Well, we have to run a back ground check on you so give us your driver's license. OK, that's new but no problem. Oh, your license doesn't have the new official CA stamp on it despite being valid. Do you have your passport or a copy of your birth certificate on you? NO, why? Well without them you can't prove you are an American Citizen under the current California gun laws valid to buy ammunition the clerk tells me. You will have to bring in either your passport or a birth certificate before you can pick up your ammo.

Welcome to the brave new world!
    Whats funny is if you would have joined this site a month or so earlier, you could have seen the posts by a now ex-member who was saying those laws are good and its no big deal to have to do that. Sorry you have to deal with that. We can make some room in the free states for you.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Whats funny is if you would have joined this site a month or so earlier, you could have seen the posts by a now ex-member who was saying those laws are good and its no big deal to have to do that. Sorry you have to deal with that. We can make some room in the free states for you.
    Wait. That Kommiefornia apologist is an ex-member? I must have blinked.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by MB53 View Post
    That is what I plan to do however it would have been nice IF the DMV had informed me of all this when I had stood in line for ALL THAT TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    BELIEVE me I am again working on the wife and she is actually now talking about leaving CA!
    BBMike likes this.

BELIEVE me I am again working on the wife and she is actually now talking about leaving CA!
    If you do, check to make CERTAIN that the state legislature is NOT run by Democrats, or will be very soon.That info is readily available online.
    A year ago, Virginia was considered, a "safe haven" for gun owners.. ONE ELECTION was all it took to turn it into a nightmare.. Same here in NY... Once the communist governor here had enough democrats, and RINOS on his side, he destroyed the 2 a rights of NY state gun owners, and passed the super restrictive NY SAFE ACT here.. any state can turn in one day.. its happened a bunch of times, and will continue,, sadly... bob

VIP Member
    It is getting close to the time the US as we know it will need to be split into 2 nations.
    Constitutional States and Post Constitutional States.
    Every day that goes by I see that what divides those who believe in our founding principals and those who do not is insurmountable.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I can't imagine living in that state. I can walk in WalMart and buy all I want with green paper and that's the way it should be. Maybe those politicians need some proper ID to golf more than once a month and only allowed one box of balls.

So you need to go above and beyond proving your citizenship to buy ammo, which is a constitutionally protected right? If only they were that stringent when it came to voting.
    msgt/ret and dangerranger like this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    That is what I plan to do however it would have been nice IF the DMV had informed me of all this when I had stood in line for ALL THAT TIME!
    I received a letter from the DMV Two Years before the deadline for the real ID. And I thought that was nuts. Then another came One Year prior. So after seeing news reports of nightmare lines I thought I'd better get a head start.

And to save time standing in line, I drove 45 miles to a small town where there was a DMV location and breezed thru the process in 35 minutes, almost 30 of which was waiting in line. In the city, people are waiting line lines for 8-10 hours and then not even getting in, being sent home to come back another day.

Find a satellite community 40-50 miles away that has a DMV location and go there. Even with the round trip drive you'll save lots of time. And grab some lunch at the home town cafe...those are usually great eating!
    msgt/ret and ShooterGranny like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links