VA: House of Delegates Committee passes almost all Anti-2A Laws along party lines

VA: House of Delegates Committee passes almost all Anti-2A Laws along party lines

This is a discussion on VA: House of Delegates Committee passes almost all Anti-2A Laws along party lines within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The House of Delegates’ Public Safety Committee on Friday passed a firearm store law and a bill limiting the number of handguns Virginians can purchase, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: VA: House of Delegates Committee passes almost all Anti-2A Laws along party lines

VIP Member

The House of Delegates’ Public Safety Committee on Friday passed a firearm store law and a bill limiting the number of handguns Virginians can purchase, among other gun controls.

WHSV reports the gun controls, “almost all… passed on a 13-9 party line vote,” with the Democrats voting for them and Republicans against.

Del. Mark Levine (D-45th Dist.) boasted the committee also passed a bill allowing local municipalities to enact gun bans for certain areas whether the state legislature enacts such bans or not. The bill particularly allows local municipalities to ban concealed carry in parks and public buildings. In other words, the bill, should it pass, would allow local municipalities to ban carry by those who have gone through the legal process of acquiring a license to carry for self-defense.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Vi...567266931.html
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Just to show how the Looney Left has completely gone off the rails, the Virginia Senate also passed a bill this week that would allow transgender people to get new birth certificates!

I kid you not. VA Senate Bill 657 Passes.
    Havok and airslot like this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    Teachable moment for GOPers and Conservatives who stay home on election day, and who don't actively support good candidates.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    Just to show how the Looney Left has completely gone off the rails, the Virginia Senate also passed a bill this week that would allow transgender people to get new birth certificates!

Coming next: lawsuits against doctors who refuse to sign off on certificates of live birth with information that contradicts all of their medical training.
    *Re-issuing a birth certificate is usually a local (city, county, state) administrative task.
    dangerranger likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DZUS View Post
    Teachable moment for GOPers and Conservatives who stay home on election day, and who don't actively support good candidates.
    Please remember that the VA Republican Party choose to allow a large number of Demorats to run unopposed. When there is no one on the ballot to oppose a Demorat what are the voters supposed to do?
    graydude, airslot, Havok and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post

That could be really interesting in the event of a death.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Welcome to New Jerzy...……………………..we live it every day.

This year was a huge wake up call for Virginians.

The Overton window has shifted dramatically toward open talk of civil war being acceptable, rather than being a fringe topic.

If leftists continue the hard push for more leftism, talk of civil war or peaceful separation will become mainstream. There is already open discussion of VA counties changing to WV, or NoVA areas around Wash DC leaving VA and expanding the Wash DC boundary.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I feel for you guys out east. Sounds like you have a rough few years ahead. Hopefully, come next election, you can get some better people in, and they can work on reversing some of this hogwash.
    airslot likes this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    I feel for you guys out east. Sounds like you have a rough few years ahead. Hopefully, come next election, you can get some better people in, and they can work on reversing some of this hogwash.
    It may not be in your backyard, but as the left is emboldened by crushing civil rights on the coasts, they will more aggressively attack everyone’s rights at the national level, everywhere.
    Arejay, airslot and oldIthink like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Historically, all fashions originate on the coasts and move inland. It's that liberal 'artist' complex. (If I'm a hater of anything it's self-proclaimed 'artists')

They simply don't care about tradition, morals, integrity, self-control, modesty, fidelity, or any of the things that folks living in flyover country are born into and hold dear.

But young folks see it as- If'n they do it in the big cities it must be right! Or something to that affect.
    airslot likes this.

It'll be the apathetic non voting public that will be the death of our Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurgeMan View Post
    Damn, I just got my ar pistol literally yesterday and I already lost it in a boating accident. Really sucks.
    At least it cant be taken then.
    But you're gonna have to "leave it on the bottom of the lake." If you take it to a public range or use it for SD, that could be a problem. Me, I don't like to pay good money for a gun I have to hide.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

There are a lot of lists online, like "The best states for gun owners" and "Freedom in the 50 states." But my problem with most of them is they are backward looking. They talk about the current state, but they base it on last year's data. One list I have been paying more attention to since our problems in VA are the states with the largest conservative majorities. Those states are the ones that will be the last holdouts for freedom. And that list is surprising. Yes, there are anti-gun shenanigans going on in all of them, but that strong conservative majority will always keep the loonies from completely taking over. Right now, the top ten are:
    1. Mississippi
    2. Alabama
    3. South Dakota
    4. Wyoming
    5. West Virginia
    6. Louisiana
    7. Utah
    8. Tennessee
    9. Arkansas
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Can anyone answer me why so many democrats ran unopposed?
    Why did the republican party not put up any candidates?
    Are they part of the swamp and did not want to give the voters a choice?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links