VA delegate 'splains it

VA delegate 'splains it

This is a discussion on VA delegate 'splains it within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Whelp, I'm glad he understands how to define "assault" weapons. Things get interesting (and comical) about the 1:30 mark....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: VA delegate 'splains it

VA delegate 'splains it

Whelp, I'm glad he understands how to define "assault" weapons. Things get interesting (and comical) about the 1:30 mark.

airslot, darbo, hogdaddy and 1 others like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

They are beyond definition, and other stuff ; )
    H/D
    scottync and gatorbait51 like this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Delusional and totally full of it.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

One is lost for words with this diatribe. I was one of the lobbyists who visited that senator's office on Lobby Day. As the group was wrapping up and getting ready to leave, one of them suggested arming teachers who were willing to go through training and carry at school and this senator mumbled under his breath something like, "well that isn't going to happen" or "not on my watch" (don't recall his exact words).

That simple comment told me a great deal about his opinions of us and our concerns.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Boy, that's hard to listen to!
    airslot, scottync, darbo and 2 others like this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

I feel dumber for having listened. Fortunately, I saved my brain cells and stopped about halfway through the idiocy-on-display.
    spclopr8tr and airslot like this.

OMG!

A stand up comic!

He got one thing right, the 1934 ban on machine guns. Everything else was mythical street verbiage. In other words complete BS.
    airslot likes this.

I got two words for him A H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    airslot likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Why is everyone shushing people that would correct him?

Bases on his description it would be easy to make an "assault weapon" a hunting rifle. Simply remove the vertical grip and flash hider. That makes it a hunting rifle right?
    airslot likes this.

How on earth can these people be making the laws about subjects they do not have a clue about?

Most ignorant non-explanation I have ever heard.

The question was, "How do you define assault weapon?" Seems it has to do with cosmetics and the fact that criminals can use them?
    airslot and Merovius like this.

Most anything can be an "assault weapon". Rifles, pistols, revolvers, broom sticks, bricks, purses, guitars, you name it. However, there is an actual definition for "assault rifle" which I would bet most of these idiots in the state house know virtually nothing about.

An "assault rifle" is a shoulder arm of light to medium power which is capable of selectable rates of fire.*

* G.Gordon Liddy
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

don't you just hate those burns from "red hot magazines"
    Last edited by Conundrum; January 30th, 2020 at 03:31 PM.
    Hoganbeg and airslot like this.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need it and don't have it, you'll never need it again.

Wow... here I was, hoping he'd get to the point... but, he never made it. No wonder you guys are in trouble. Your lawmakers are completely clueless....
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

This "man" is the definition of a moron. Only a politician can talk for 8 minutes and say nothing that is true or sensible.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    So this is what an Imbecile looks like... Ha.
    airslot likes this.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Who was it that said, " I wasn't planning on going for a run today.....then the Game Wardens came out of nowhere".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links