HB 311 a very dangerous 2020 Florida bill

This is a discussion on HB 311 a very dangerous 2020 Florida bill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't see it already posted so here it is. The Orlando Gun Lawyer Click the article at the top of his Blog....

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By TangoHotel
  • 1 Post By xXxHeavy
  • 3 Post By Novarider
  • 2 Post By NECCdude
  • 2 Post By SunTsu
  • 2 Post By sdprof
  • 3 Post By con42
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By flphotog

Thread: HB 311 a very dangerous 2020 Florida bill

I don't see it already posted so here it is.

The Orlando Gun Lawyer

Click the article at the top of his Blog.
    The Old Anglo and darbo like this.
    Florida CWFL
    Member Florida Carry
    Member NRA

You are correct...written in New Jerzy Legalese.....very dangerous....omo.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    So they want no warnings or "threats"? OK, I'll just shoot someone that enters my house without permission. I won't even talk to the guy. Problem solved.

Talk about a stupid law.
    The Old Anglo, airslot and BBMike like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Seems like a lot of legislators are going out of their way to criminalize everything while stomping on our civil rights. And few people make any attempt to push back.
    darbo and The Old Anglo like this.
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

What a law. Yes officer, I mag dumped all 30 rounds into him... NO, I SWEAR I didn't threaten to shoot him before he entered my home.
    The Old Anglo and airslot like this.

Kind of a fixing something that's not broken situation.
    OldVet and airslot like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Seems like a lot of legislators are going out of their way to criminalize everything while stomping on our civil rights. And few people make any attempt to push back.
    With today's politicians it doesn't seem to matter what the people think or do. Look at the huge turnout in Virginia and the politico's still are going along as planned.JMO
    OldVet, darbo and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Our New Governor NEEDS to Pay Attention to this crap OR We The People Of Florida NEED a New Governor!!!. Period!.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Paragraph B reads---A person does not violate this subsection if he or she threatens to use a firearm or any weapon as defined in s. 790.001 in lawful self defense, lawful defense of others, or lawful defense of property.
    So it looks like this bill doesn't change any right to defend yourself. Looks like the bill is designed to keep people from going around and waving guns at people and threatening them.
    This lawyer is using scare tactics to make it look like this bill would somehow deny you you right to defend yourself or your property but the exception in paragraph B shows that this is not the case. You would still have the lawful right to use your weapon for self defense.
    The key word is LAWFUL. If you are LAWFULLY defending then the law is the same as before.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    Paragraph B reads---A person does not violate this subsection if he or she threatens to use a firearm or any weapon as defined in s. 790.001 in lawful self defense, lawful defense of others, or lawful defense of property.
    So it looks like this bill doesn't change any right to defend yourself. Looks like the bill is designed to keep people from going around and waving guns at people and threatening them.
    This lawyer is using scare tactics to make it look like this bill would somehow deny you you right to defend yourself or your property but the exception in paragraph B shows that this is not the case. You would still have the lawful right to use your weapon for self defense.
    The key word is LAWFUL. If you are LAWFULLY defending then the law is the same as before.
    While I agree with you, how are prosecutors and judges going to apply opinions of lawful versus unlawful threats.
    airslot likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    That language was added in an amendment, it wasn't in the original bill, however it is still a bad and stupid bill that is trying to fix a non existent problem and needs to either die or be vetoed.
    airslot and sdprof like this.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Sponsored Links