Good news from Virginia - Page 2

Good news from Virginia

This is a discussion on Good news from Virginia within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's good to see that a least a few of the Democratic legislators can stay close enough to the moderate middle to reject this absolutist ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Good news from Virginia

VIP Member
    It's good to see that a least a few of the Democratic legislators can stay close enough to the moderate middle to reject this absolutist nonsense being constantly pursued by the gun-grabbers on the extreme left. Thanks, Virginia, for at least a little bit of pragmatism going into the process...
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    The fight isn't over but this is a great victory for the 2nd Amendment today!
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

Beware the VA Democrat Trojan Horse--dropping the AW ban while passing the little 2A cuts.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Beware the VA Democrat Trojan Horse--dropping the AW ban while passing the little 2A cuts.
    Not to mention some of the other nonsense they passed while everyone was focused on firearms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It's good to see that a least a few of the Democratic legislators can stay close enough to the moderate middle to reject this absolutist nonsense being constantly pursued by the gun-grabbers on the extreme left. Thanks, Virginia, for at least a little bit of pragmatism going into the process...
    Or they are actually in favor of the bill and only voted against it because they are worried about reelection.
    1MoreFord, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    And yet they call Conservatives Nazis?!
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

My take some of the comments here. Not saying I know better, but I have been fairly involved in this.
    • There are going to be some bad gun control laws passed in VA this year. That was certain the day after the election. But the AWB was the most restrictive, the Dems' "jewel in the crown," and it will not pass this year. I am thinking it will not pass next year either. Given the loss in the election, it is a huge victory.
    • The efforts of groups like the VCDL will also prevent some other bills from being passed, they have gotten better wording in some of the bills that will pass, they have woken up the gun community and gotten them into action and they have put the Dems on notice.
    • The RTKABA fight has indeed taken people's eyes off other bad legislation, which may pass also. One of note is a restriction that prevents zoning anywhere in the state from prohibiting multi-family housing construction. So you could have worked hard for years to live in the 'burbs and up goes a low-income housing project next door.
    • I have always said the real fight for gun rights in the states. Not to say federal is not important, but the limits on your RTKABA day-to-day is a state thing. And even the feds take notice of what is happening in the states. The state fight is different than the federal. Legislators in most states are not professional politicians. It is not their sole means of support. A few are shooting for higher office, but most are not. Most do not get big outside money for their campaigns. I think are closer to what most people think a politician should be, a public servant beholden to the people. Outside influences are trying to make them more like federal "legislative automatons" but they aren't there yet in most states. So at the state level, there is always something that can be done.
    msgt/ret, airslot and Merovius like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    This is great news, but.... it's one thing to block a particular piece of vile legislation but the fundamental cause still needs to be rooted out. In short, vote the Democrats out with extreme prejudice.
    Militant, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    And yet they call Conservatives Nazis?!
    That's just the usual "accuse conservatives of what they are doing/have done".
    airslot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    I vehemently dislike and disapprove of Bloomberg too, but depicting him in a Nazi uniform is pretty vile thing to do. Lenin termed people like Bloomberg "useful idiots". When it comes to state control and especially gun control, Bloomberg is a useful idiot. He is not, like everyone else on the podium in the picture above, an antisemite vowing the murder of Jews and other 'untermenshen"

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    I vehemently dislike and disapprove of Bloomberg too, but depicting him in a Nazi uniform is pretty vile thing to do. Lenin termed people like Bloomberg "useful idiots". When it comes to state control and especially gun control, Bloomberg is a useful idiot. He is not, like everyone else on the podium in the picture above, an antisemite vowing the murder of Jews and other 'untermenshen"
    There have been dozens of memes showing Trump in a Nazi uniform and otherwise comparing him to Hitler. That's been going on since he was elected. As for that being vile, I've given up on the fantasy that our side needs to keep trying to be morally superior to the left, for two reasons: 1) That has gotten us in the trouble we are in now, and 2) On our worst day, we are morally superior to the left on its best day. I am all for fighting fire with fire. And it's ironic you mention a "podium." It seems to me Bloomie shared a a podium at the recent debate with some anti-semites. Bloomie openly advocates murder through abortion and he will get around to whites and "deporables" at some point. Ever Hitler did not start out with his full agenda in the open.
    airslot likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links