The Dempire Strikes Back

The Dempire Strikes Back

This is a discussion on The Dempire Strikes Back within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tonight the VA Senate debated the state budget. Already the budget includes $55 million for raises for the State Police, 17.3 million in subsidies for ...

Like Tree39Likes
  • 10 Post By jmf552
  • 5 Post By msgt/ret
  • 5 Post By OldVet
  • 4 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 4 Post By gasmitty
  • 4 Post By jmf552
  • 2 Post By Novarider
  • 2 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 2 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 1 Post By Havok

Thread: The Dempire Strikes Back

The Dempire Strikes Back

Tonight the VA Senate debated the state budget. Already the budget includes $55 million for raises for the State Police, 17.3 million in subsidies for local police departments and $56.6 million for better health care for prison inmates.

This evening, Republican Senator Bill Stanley tried to amend the state budget to have the state subsidize a 3% raise for deputy sheriffs. It was defeated, with all democrats voting “no.” When Stanley went to get a vote count from the clerk, Dem Majority Leader Dick Saslaw came up and said: “Hey Stanley, you want to know why your sheriffs didn’t get a raise? —because they came to our committees and said that they weren’t going to enforce our laws.” When when Stanley asked which law was he talking about, he just said “gun control”.

The facts are that only a handful of sheriffs came to committees and spoke out against new gun control laws. And all most of them said was they would not enforce new laws that violated the Constitution. The deputy sheriffs had nothing to do with those sheriffs' decisions to do that. The were, and are, just out there doing their jobs. So all deputy sheriffs in VA are getting essentially punished for some of their elected sheriffs standing up and saying they would support and defend the Constitution. This is nasty politics at its worst.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Come next election time some serious house cleaning is in order.
    airslot, Merovius, sdprof and 2 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

They continue to pour fuel on a blazing fire...

Time for The People to put that fire out . . . the door.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Make sure that outrageous comment is spread far and wide.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    The facts are that only a handful of sheriffs came to committees and spoke out against new gun control laws. And all most of them said was they would not enforce new laws that violated the Constitution. The deputy sheriffs had nothing to do with those sheriffs' decisions to do that. The were, and are, just out there doing their jobs. So all deputy sheriffs in VA are getting essentially punished for some of their elected sheriffs standing up and saying they would support and defend the Constitution.
    This is the narrative that needs to be promoted and publicized, along with the name of the party hack who was behind this retribution.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

But wait, there's more! Dem Senator Janet Howell just tweeted the following. My bolding added for emphais:

"People are upset we stopped the amendment from Bill Stanley giving a 3% raise to Sheriff departments in VA.

Thanks to Dick Saslaw, we won’t pay LEO’s that refuse to uphold VA’s laws on gun control. Their benefits are next!"
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Yeah cuz that'll get them to enforce your "gun laws".
    Merovius and airslot like this.

Just further proves that gun control has nothing to do with public safety but instead, public control.
    Merovius and Frodebro like this.

jmf, I am copying this information to our 2A Sanctuary County website. Truly shows how desperate the loony liberals are to force their control over us.
    By now our forefathers would be shooting.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Lansing Muzzle Loading Gun Club
    visit us at: http://www.lansingmuzzleloadinggunclub.com/

VIP Member
    I still predict a breaking point very soon.
    Keep fighting in the courts, but the legislature is a lost cause unless you can vote them out.
    But be prepared for the alternative that I think many of you know is coming.
    Merovius and nralifer4570 like this.

This is a clear example of what I call "spitesmanship" rather than statesmanship. It is petty, childish, and antagonistic; That they make no effort whatsoever to hide their motives speaks volumes to how low our political system has sunk. I would expect better from junior high school students (at least back in my day).
    In light and darkness alike,
    I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I still predict a breaking point very soon.
    Keep fighting in the courts, but the legislature is a lost cause unless you can vote them out.
    But be prepared for the alternative that I think many of you know is coming.
    The courts chose their side prior to lobby day.
    OldVet likes this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Sponsored Links