Defensive Carry banner

TX is next for Everytown. Then GA, AZ, CO and FL

3K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  jmf552 
#1 ·
Words of warning from TX attorney and gun rights activist Colion Noir. Bloomberg is actively spending $8 million in TX to elect gun control politicians. For reference, he only spent $2.5 million in VA and you know what happened. Then he is going after GA, AZ, CO and FL. These states are vulnerable because of the influx of immigrants and moving in from CA. He is also going to spend $60 million in the next federal election. The time is past for saying, "It can't happen here." He will eventually get around to all the states that are not already to his liking on gun rights. Spread the word. Make plans. Take action.

#3 ·
Bloomberg is a scourge on America.

Become politically active now. Tomorrow is too late.

He is a megalomaniac and has massive narcissistic personality disorder issues mixed in with an unhealthy dose of hubris and a huge bank account.

Only grass roots activism of overwhelming depth can hope to survive. That may not even be enough. Time will tell.

#7 ·
I support our state gun rights organizations.
I vote at every primary to get conservatives in office and at every election to stop the liberals from destroying what we have here.
I call and send emails to my representatives.
Bloomberg reminds me of the carpetbaggers after the civil war who swoop in with a bag of money to buy off everything.
Hopefully we can run him out also.

#8 ·
All important things that everyone needs to do. Our experience in VA points out something that people should do that I had never considered: Get involved and stay well informed about your state Republican Party. It doesn't matter if you have lost faith in the Republicans and consider yourself an independent or a libertarian. Heck, a lot of us are in that boat. But based on basic state election math, the organization that stands against gun control in a state, in today's environment, is a strong state Republican Party. A weak party, a party full of RINOs, a party that lets more than a few races to have no Republican challenger to a Democrat, a party that does not really get behind their candidates...that will take you down. And state parties can be really secretive and inbred. Sometimes it's hard to get in the inside scoop and have any influence. Who is running your state GOP can be as important as who is running your state.

#10 ·
The message should always be "WE WILL NOT COMPLY". The anti-gun folks and their politicians need to understand that imposing their gun control agenda will be accomplished only by force and one of the consequences will be significant loss of life.

Can my government disarm me? I expect that they can do so, but I want them to understand that they must be willing to kill me in order to get it done.

110-120 million gun owners in the US with 350-400 million firearms and at least a couple of billion rounds of ammunition. If only 1% rise in armed resistance that would be 1.1 to 1.2 million people (US armed forces suffered 418,500 total casualties during World War II, just to provide some perspective to the potential scale of such an endeavor).

Please keep in mind that I am not now, nor will I ever, advocate for violence between fellow citizens; all I am saying is that such a result is almost a certainty in a nation so deeply divided already.

#12 ·
If you are not willing to carry any banned firearm, or firearm related gear on a daily basis, or to the range to practice with, etc, then you care complying as much as they wanted you to.

Reactions: Osprey
#13 ·
TX is going to fall soon ..Sorry just too many liberals out voting the rual folks ...

AZ they are already trying but we are fighting tooth and nail .... Luckly so far the stuff they have tried has been so far overreaching ( ie all mag feed semi auto are banned) that it wont pass ... AZ is at risk due to the CA scrouge though

#16 ·
TX is going to fall soon ..Sorry just too many liberals out voting the rual folks ...

AZ they are already trying but we are fighting tooth and nail .... Luckly so far the stuff they have tried has been so far overreaching ( ie all mag feed semi auto are banned) that it wont pass ... AZ is at risk due to the CA scrouge though
In what election? Statewide liberals are not winning in anything. In the future you may be right. If we could get the border situation under control then Texas would be a pretty solid red. SJL is also losing control of her district from what I hear.

#21 ·
We can’t just depend on politics. We have to make converts as well or at least temper or the other side. My wife is a naturalized citizen and she has went from being afraid of firearms to ha omg a positive view of them. I doubt she will ever be a shooter but when a coyote came up chasing our chickens she was glad we had a rifle to chase it off. She now sees no need for new laws. Cold hard facts that I have shown her has lead her to make her own conclusion that removing ANY of our firearms won’t make any difference in crime. If each of us could only change one persons mind permanently think how far we would be ahead. I am almost to two people. I helped a Beto supporter at work get a M1 garand to go with his grandfathers WWII stuff he inherited and he is becoming much more in tune with what restrictions would really mean for him and his son.

#22 ·
His money won't go anywhere near as far in Texas as it did in Virginia.
Virginia has 95 counties, Texas has 256.
Virginia has a total population of 8 million. The Woodlands - Houston -Sugarland metro area itself has a hair under 7 million. Harris County itself has over 4 million. Google says you can expect to pay $5 per thousand viewers for a thirty second commercial on a local station. So a thirty second spot on KHOU would cost as much (roughly) as running that same spot in every market in Virginia.

#24 · (Edited)
That's why he is spending proportionally more in TX. Also, he did not really concentrate on media buys in VA. We actually didn't see any more political advertising than usual in VA.

Not sure how all that money got spent, but what I do know is that inexplicably, in the House, 25% of the seats were won be Dems running unopposed, 28% in the Senate. And somehow, they got the media to not report that was happening until after the filing deadlines. Also, I know first hand that the party did not adequately support some of the candidates they did run. I have a lot of suspicion the Republican Party of VA got influenced to not try very hard, to take a dive. The party insiders got to keep their jobs, but others did not.

So it's not just the money he is spending, but how he is spending it. I'd strongly encourage Texans to avoid any hint of "It can't happen here" thinking. Bloomie is coming for you and he is determined. And he's playing the long game. If it doesn't happen next election, he'll be back the election after that with even more money. The guy is worth 60 billion. He is one of the 10 richest guys in the world. Only a solid infrastructure of grassroots activism can stand against that.

#28 ·
The more money Bloomberg spends on advertising, the more money I spend on ammo.
But seriously, every other commercial on TV is his stupid political ad, and not different ones but the same one over and over.
Don't you think that after a while people just tune it out or just get pissed off enough not to vote for the guy?

#29 ·
Well one thing folks can do is to stop helping the Bloomberg financed organization called Everytown for Gun Safety by shopping at Wal Mart.

Wal Mart has partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety. Says so right in their own statement of policies and guidelines in theFirearms and Ammunition Guidelines section ............

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

Walmart Policies and Guidelines

Firearms and Ammunition Guidelines

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.
Bold added by me for emphasis.......

#41 ·
I think it's a good idea if everyone gets active on social media and shines a light on Bloomberg and any anti-2A nonsense. Look at the millions he's spent on his campaign and so far it hasn't done him any good. Even people that aren't pro-2A don't like the guy and they can often be found on posts that highlight how he looks down on others and how his policies targeted minorities. Fewer people trust the mainstream media now thankfully, and with social media their propaganda doesn't have a monopoly on information anymore despite their very constant efforts. If we don't educate people with facts on the second amendment your Bloombergs and Shannon Watts will educate people with their lies. Show up on social media, show up to rallies, and show up to the polls and vote. The turnout for the Virginia rally absolutely made a difference and got coverage, so did the turnout in November 2016. I think we're probably even more united now on these issues, but let's not take it for granted either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.