I wish this were fake news, but he really did this - Page 10

I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

This is a discussion on I wish this were fake news, but he really did this within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; According to some people on here the .380 handgun that Howard carried shouldn't be considered a weapon because a .380m round isn't powerful enough to ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    According to some people on here the .380 handgun that Howard carried shouldn't be considered a weapon because a .380m round isn't powerful enough to go through anybodies clothing. I am so sure that is wrong that I will continue to carry my LCP pocket pistol for self defense.
    You can could have asked David, sometimes it just takes a well placed stone to take down a Giant
    Bikenut and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txmoto View Post
    You are either very ignorant or willfully ignoring reality. Bonnen SAID it was an idiot. It was actually Chris McNutt, the Executive Director of Texas Gun Rights. PEACEFULLY protesting. Here is a video of this "gun nut."
    I am neither ignorant nor willfully ignoring reality.
    "Bless Your Heart"
    By the way, nice to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Folks won't exercise their right to bear arms by (legally) open carrying because someone might get upset, or frightened, or feel threatened and call the cops. Well..... guess who has been intimidated into not exercising their right to bear arms by nothing more than the fear of public opinion.
    Or, perhaps, they don't want people to feel threatened by their actions, because they have a sense of common decency? Or is that another thing we're throwing away in our fear?

I mean, you can see how a person could feel threatened by someone who dislikes him standing outside his house with a shotgun, right?
    So it is common decency to allow the fear of offending or the fear that someone might feel intimidated to prevent people from exercising a right? Seems to me that is nothing more than being intimidated into not exercising a right by the fear of the possible responses of other people.

As for feeling threatened by someone standing outside my house with a shotgun? There is a difference between peaceful political protest and a personal threat. But some politicians take any opposition to their power and authority as a personal threat. And some folks actually defend that politician's feelings while ignoring that the armed protester also felt threatened by the politician using the awful might of the government itself as a weapon against his right to carry a shotgun.

Maybe some folks don't understand that a government disarming it's people IS a clear and dangerous threat. (google governments killing unarmed citizens) And politicians will use every tactic from passing laws that hide the real agenda of confiscation (red flag laws anyone?) to using the media to shape public attitudes allowing shaming, shunning, and complaints of being intimidated in order to accomplish that disarming.

And if anyone thinks my referencing the government using the media might be tin foil hat stuff they aren't paying attention to the crap being spewed on MSNBC and CNN. How did folks ever come to believe the best way to protect themselves from a crazy person with a gun is to throw away their own gun? The media convinced people of that illogical belief. Who benefits from the belief that the way to stay safe is to not have guns? Anyone from a mugger who wants your money, to a stalker exhusband who wants to control your life, to a government and it's officials that want to take your money and control your life.... that's who.

Why would a government official feel intimidated by a peaceful armed protester? He doesn't feel intimidated. He is angry and offended one of the lesser people would dare oppose his position of power and control. And he is using the word "intimidated" to gather support for the revenge he is planning.
    gunenthusiast likes this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Levine said, "What's not appropriate is to come to my house with a loaded gun to coerce me to change my position on a bill,"

But what he wants to do is send armed officers to Virginian's homes to confiscate their property when assault weapons are banned. Oh, but that's different.
    Bikenut, demanic and HotGuns like this.

Are you referring to this: https://thetexan.news/the-bonnen-mcnutt-saga-isnt-over/ ? The consensus now is that Speaker Bonnen had already decided against the OC bill and used his false version of events for cover.

Or, perhaps, they don't want people to feel threatened by their actions, because they have a sense of common decency? Or is that another thing we're throwing away in our fear?

I mean, you can see how a person could feel threatened by someone who dislikes him standing outside his house with a shotgun, right?
    People have a right to keep and bear arms. It is not contingent on people’s feelings. There are an infinite number of things people can feel threaten by, all of which are nobody’s problem but their own. What you, and some others don’t seem to get is that he was on public property.
    Bikenut and LimaCharlie like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

VIP Member
    Ten pages...
    LimaCharlie likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Ten pages...
    Yup 10 pages. This story must really be hitting a nerve, heck some guy who has only posted 14 times in almost 3 years had to come out to tell me how ignorant I am.
    Heck, that is not news, my wife tells me that every evening.
    LimaCharlie and Havok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    You can could have asked David, sometimes it just takes a well placed stone to take down a Giant
    Yes, but that stone was a 45 cal size, and he had 4 more on him.
    LimaCharlie and OldVet like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    ...heck some guy who has only posted 14 times in almost 3 years had to come out to tell me how ignorant I am.
    If he had bothered to check, he would have noticed I tell you several times a day.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If he had bothered to check, he would have noticed I tell you several times a day.
    Yes you do, and the wife appreciates the support.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    People have a right to keep and bear arms. It is not contingent on people’s feelings. There are an infinite number of things people can feel threaten by, all of which are nobody’s problem but their own. What you, and some others don’t seem to get is that he was on public property.
    So where exactly is that line drawn? If you're on a public street, and a guy pulls out his pistol and points it at your head - is that just him exercising his right to bear arms in his own personal way, as long as he doesn't pull the trigger? I mean, if your feelings of being threatened are "nobody's problem but your own..."

A rule doesn't generalize to every particular situation. For example, it's just fine to openly carry a gun in general; but when that guy dressed up all tacticool and walked around a Wal-Mart with a rifle and a handgun, right after some other guy had shot up a Wal-Mart, it was not fine. In that particular context it was a threat.

I admire all this zeal, I really do, but I think for some folks, their zeal is blinding them to the obvious. Sometimes it's good to take a step back, and try to see how things look from the perspective of a person who might not share your ideology 100%.

That's about all I have to say, I guess.
    Merovius likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

I was visiting Taxachusettes several years ago and intimidated someone on an elevator. I didn't have a gun on at the time. But I was wearing a golf shirt that had a silouete of a gun on the back of it along with the name of an Arizona dealership.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Havok likes this.

So where exactly is that line drawn? If you're on a public street, and a guy pulls out his pistol and points it at your head - is that just him exercising his right to bear arms in his own personal way, as long as he doesn't pull the trigger? I mean, if your feelings of being threatened are "nobody's problem but your own..."

A rule doesn't generalize to every particular situation. For example, it's just fine to openly carry a gun in general; but when that guy dressed up all tacticool and walked around a Wal-Mart with a rifle and a handgun, right after some other guy had shot up a Wal-Mart, it was not fine. In that particular context it was a threat.

I admire all this zeal, I really do, but I think for some folks, their zeal is blinding them to the obvious. Sometimes it's good to take a step back, and try to see how things look from the perspective of a person who might not share your ideology 100%.

That's about all I have to say, I guess.
    deliberately pointing a loaded gun at someone is a stretch from someone simply possessing a firearm in a place whether they can legally do so. If I am out in public, and someone sees my firearm and it makes them feel nervous. I do not care.

As for the guy at Walmart. He did not threaten anyone. He was minding his own business when someone pointed a gun at him. In fact, if the guy had just continued walking to his car, what is the other guy going to do, shoot someone in the back who has harned nobody?

As far as how things look from someone else’s perspective. Who cares? We are long past thinking that was a strategy that would prevail.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

There will be lots of capitulation out here in the N.W according to responses to this very subject on other forums around the web.
    Main reasons seems to be the felon label/rap and the loss of jobs, savings and property.

We'll see because it's starting to look inevitable in the formerly great States of Washington and Oregon. They're being held at bay here in Oregon with legislative tricks and semantics. The COTUS and State constitution hardly stand in their way.
    LimaCharlie and Havok like this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Sponsored Links