I wish this were fake news, but he really did this - Page 2

I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

This is a discussion on I wish this were fake news, but he really did this within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "If it's not illegal, I'm going to be damned sure by next year it is illegal." Ah, the stuff that politicians are made of. Career-ending ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

"If it's not illegal, I'm going to be damned sure by next year it is illegal."

Ah, the stuff that politicians are made of. Career-ending words as far as I'm concerned.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

This lawmaker attempted to have this protestor arrested and was flabbergasted to learn that he was breaking no laws.

Isn't Freedom a great thing?

Seems even some on here do not understand the simple concept of Rights, Freedoms, and Liberty.

VIP Member
    A "lone wolf" protester?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    At this point, do we really believe that anything could hurt or help?

If our position is that as long as everyone is being a good boy or girl with guns, then we are ok, then we have lost anyway. If common logic and constitutional values are not enough, then nothing can help anyway, so what could it hurt?

From the picture, it looks like this individual was on a public road, not private land.

Maybe, these politicians should understand that there are real consequences for their unlawful actions.
    You make a fair argument, but I see there were only positive consequences for the legislator. He got yet another chance to get up on his soapbox with the media. BTW, Levine is one of the most ignorant, anti-gun, publicity hogging liberals in the legislature. There was no way that guy with the shotgun was going to get him to change his mind about anything.

To me, "real consequences" would be something much more serious. There are different strategies for lobbying, protest and rebellion. To be effective, activists need to understand which mode they are in and what is most effective in that mode. I see guns as weapons, as tools. I don't think they are good protest signs, and they are only threats of rebellion if you intend to use them if you don't get compliance with what you want. Levine did not withdraw the bill, but I did not hear about any shooting.
    Mike1956 and Merovius like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I'm seriously impressed with Del. Mark Levine's x-ray vision! From the window of his house, 100yards away, he KNEW that that 'assault' weapon was loaded! He said "It's not acceptable to bring a loaded gun to his house..." Hmmm?

What else does this pearl-clutching panty waste see? Maybe like the movie he see's dead people too? It's obvious he can see what others can't. I saw a very long mag in that shotgun, what I couldn't see was if there was ammo inside it because I can't see through things.

That's not be the point here, and the shotgun was very likely loaded, but he (the delegate) knew these things just by looking? Or did I miss something?
    Havok likes this.

Firstly, let me say that I fully and completely support both open and concealed carry. I have to otherwise I would be a hypocrite. This man was within his rights to stage his protest, broke no laws, and made no threats. But now the question of was he wise and should he have done this arises. I would say yes and no. Yes in that it is his right to express his opinions to his employee/servant. No in that during this time in Virginia, the climate in Richmond, it is not exactly advisable to do something like this. And this should be a forewarning to other states which are either slated or being planned as targets for what is taking place in Virginia.

We must learn from our opponents how to turn the tide and put forth our case. If we don't, if we continue to take what is viewed as an extreme position, our cause is lost. The left has done a remarkable job of laying the groundwork and creating an environment where they can nurture and grow minds inured with faux history and no concept of our founding documents and their miraculous messages. Minds that are now ripe for molding into whatever the puppet masters deem desirable. Lenin's useful idiots are our own children, Khrushchev's prophesy is close to completion.
    MYMOMSSON and Merovius like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "If it's not illegal, I'm going to be damned sure by next year it is illegal."

Ah, the stuff that politicians are made of. Career-ending words as far as I'm concerned.
    THAT line at the bottom of the article screamed out loud and clear at me! Sitting legislators have been severely reprimanded for criticizing the unconstitutional laws the far left is passing in Virginia. NOW the next step is to make it actually against the law to criticize anything they are doing to the citizens of this once great state!

Nazi VA, here we come..........way sooner than anyone would have guessed.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; February 24th, 2020 at 06:21 PM.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Maybe, these politicians should understand that there are real consequences for their unlawful actions.
    The only real consequence is getting voted out of office... Unfortunately, that's not going to stop Dem pols from doing what they want to do. They got there by getting voted in, running on an anti-gun platform. They feel enabled to do what they want, despite the Constitution. There needs to be personal accountability for ignoring the Constitution/BoR when introducing legislation.

Don't know what that needs to be done but pols have no fear introducing some of the most anti-Constitutional laws ever. Where are the checks and balances for red flag laws? Who is there to protect the Constitution today?

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar

I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    This lawmaker attempted to have this protestor arrested and was flabbergasted to learn that he was breaking no laws.

Isn't Freedom a great thing?

Seems even some on here do not understand the simple concept of Rights, Freedoms, and Liberty.
    And so the lawmakers response was:
    "If it's not illegal, I'm going to be damned sure by next year it is illegal,"

The OPs point is exactly that just because it is legal, doesn’t make it right or a good idea.

And for those that say there are no undecideds, there are plenty who are undecided on exactly what “common sense gun laws” are and I can tell you many of those will see this man’s actions as intimidation and a law to prevent it in the future “common sense”.

Those who see nothing wrong with he did, how would you feel if someone came and stood at your property line with a sign demanding that you undo something that you did and thoroughly believe in and was openly armed. Would you feel like he was trying to intimidate you? Would you feel even more strongly resolved? How would you feel if you had children that were going to have to pass right be him? What if that person asked multiple other to join him?

Again, is what he did legal? Yes.
    Did it help? No.
    Did it hurt in the public eye? Most likely because most people will see it as a gun owner using a gun trying to intimidate a person to get what he wants.
    Is it going to yield more negative legislation being proposed? Definitely.
    MYMOMSSON and Merovius like this.

Well at the beginning of the video when he says "we know where you live,... armed citizens will come to your house..." sounds intimidating enough to me.
    If it was antifa or any extremest group saying that to me with their game face on I'd take it as a threatening gesture. In fact antifa and black bloc groups have done exactly that in recent years.
    Not helping the war effort at all with his one man skirmish but hey! He got his five minutes of fame.
    Merovius and Rabbit212 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    and they are only threats of rebellion if you intend to use them if you don't get compliance with what you want. Levine did not withdraw the bill, but I did not hear about any shooting.
    This is the bottom line, but the problem is, it is not compliance that anyone is asking them to do; it is to be lawful and to obey the supreme law of the land.
    The use of arms as an end to that means should never be viewed as a threat by the politicians; they should understand that as a promise.
    RScottie likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post

The OPs point is exactly that just because it is legal, doesn’t make it right or a good idea.

And for those that say there are no undecideds, there are plenty who are undecided on exactly what “common sense gun laws” are and I can tell you many of those will see this man’s actions as intimidation and a law to prevent it in the future “common sense”.

Those who see nothing wrong with he did, how would you feel if someone came and stood at your property line with a sign demanding that you undo something that you did and thoroughly believe in and was openly armed. Would you feel like he was trying to intimidate you? Would you feel even more strongly resolved? How would you feel if you had children that were going to have to pass right be him? What if that person asked multiple other to join him?

Did it help? No.
    Did it hurt in the public eye? Most likely because most people will see it as a gun owner using a gun trying to intimidate a person to get what he wants.
    Considering that the left has declared war upon the rights of the citizens of VA, this mans actions are totally understandable.

And, I hope this lawmaker and others that pass these sorts of laws are intimidated.

They are playing a game that could get a lot of people killed.

Far too many people claim to be for the right to keep and bear arms but have no clue as to what it actually means. Far too many have not stood up for that right over the years and look where we are now.

This guy is making a statement. They best pay heed.
    G-man* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post

Did it help? No.
    "Just because its legal, does not make it a good idea"

There was a time when I would have wholeheartedly agreed with that statement. But not in this context. We are beyond words, and they have made their intentions perfectly clear...so clear that you would have to be deaf and blind not to understand them.
    When a man points a gun at you and says he is going to shoot you, do you wait to see if he means what he says? Maybe wait and let him actually fire the first round just to be sure? Foolishness!

As far as undecided voters, court rulings, or laws passed, Im not sure how many times I must say this to get an understanding...….the COTUS is not predicated on any of these things. We are a constitutional republic, not a democracy.

To the point of how would I feel if someone came up to my property line and threatened me? Well despite that being a straw man argument, If, someone did that here, I would get the rifle and wait for them to get stupid, while I called the police and let fate do its thing. A pretty simple thing to do for any real man or woman with an ounce of intestinal fortitude.

So, for those of you who believe your rights depend on what the majority believes, then go ahead and either bury them or turn them in. It is just a matter of time until things have to be dealt with, and its sooner or later.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

^^
    What he said. For several years now we have endured the leftists' tactics, both verbal and physical. Perhaps the time has come to fight fire with fire and let the best man win, although at least we know if we're men or not.
    RScottie, G-man*, Bikenut and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    ^^
    What he said. For several years now we have endured the leftists' tactics, both verbal and physical. Perhaps the time has come to fight fire with fire and let the best man win, although at least we know if we're men or not.
    This pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject. Except for that last part about killing them all. But Im for getting the show started if that's where they want to go...
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links