I wish this were fake news, but he really did this - Page 4

I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

This is a discussion on I wish this were fake news, but he really did this within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Havok Like I said on here recently, people will put a bernie sticker on their car and not worry about their vehicle ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Like I said on here recently, people will put a bernie sticker on their car and not worry about their vehicle being vandalized. People won’t put a trump sticker on their car because they worry about it being vandalized
    I see more Trump stickers than Bernie stickers on cars . . . maybe not on Priuses.
    sgb, Merovius and Tstone like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Every Man Should Have A Rifle

Henry Lawson, 1907

So I sit and write and ponder, while the house is deaf and dumb,
    Seeing visions "over yonder" of the war I know must come.
    In the corner — not a vision — but a sign for coming days
    Stand a box of ammunition and a rifle in green baize.
    And in this, the living present, let the word go through the land,
    Every tradesman, clerk and peasant should have these two things at hand.

No — no ranting song is needed, and no meeting, flag or fuss —
    In the future, still unheeded, shall the spirit come to us!
    Without feathers, drum or riot on the day that is to be,
    We shall march down, very quiet, to our stations by the sea.
    While the bitter parties stifle every voice that warns of war,
    Every man should own a rifle and have cartridges in store!

Never say never.
    demanic and Hoganbeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    There will be no civil war, most people will go with a whimper when it comes to it.
    The ones that don't will make things get quite interesting.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    The Old Anglo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I took that same oath. But so did Pete Buttigig, John Kerry, William Mcraven, and all sorts of other people who don’t care about rights.
    And that, in a nutshell, is the problem: People who swear an oath and then break it, with no consequences. If the only way we have of punishing such violations of the public trust is to hopefully vote the offender out of office, we have, essentially, nothing. It used to be that men had honor, and worked to protect it. No man of honor would break an oath. Now, sadly, honor has long gone out of fashion. Hopefully, there are still enough old fashioned sorts around, who meant what they promised, to make a difference.
    Bikenut, Havok and dp1911 like this.
    In light and darkness alike,
    I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Consider the movie coming out, Hunt, about hunting and killing Trump supporters. We need to put pressure on these traitors somehow. Is this the best way? Not sure.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
    And that, in a nutshell, is the problem: People who swear an oath and then break it, with no consequences. If the only way we have of punishing such violations of the public trust is to hopefully vote the offender out of office, we have, essentially, nothing. It used to be that men had honor, and worked to protect it. No man of honor would break an oath. Now, sadly, honor has long gone out of fashion. Hopefully, there are still enough old fashioned sorts around, who meant what they promised, to make a difference.
    Agreed 100%
    The Old Anglo and Merovius like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

VIP Member
    I am so far beyond caring what the gun grabbing leftist think of me.
    I put my finger in their eye every chance I get.
    I will not be shut up or shut down. I am not afraid.
    I have stickers on my Jeep professing by belief in freedom, many ask me if i am crazy and just looking for trouble.
    I respond that I am not looking for trouble, but I am not afraid if trouble wants to pick a fight, they picked the wrong cowboy to mess with.
    Guess when you get into your sixties you just do not give a damn what they say anymore.
    At get together with family and friends and out in public I do not temper my firmly held beliefs just to make nice.
    My elected officials get an earful from me every chance I get.
    I will not go quietly into that night, I will rage against it.
    The future of my kids and future grand-kids depend upon it.
    Osprey, Mike1956, Bikenut and 9 others like this.

VIP Member
    Well, matters seem to be escalating here in Virginia. And this time, it doesn't play well for the gun rights side.
    https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-home/2219266/

It took 20.000 plus peaceful citizens gathering in Richmond to create some measure of good will with the public, to show the media coverage to be politically biased nonsense, and to make all of the Democratic alarmist reactions look unfounded. It took one imbecile with a tactical shotgun to undo all of that. What, if anything, was this guy thinking? Did he seriously believe for an instant that this stunt would work?

Tactical blunders like this, which play right into the opposition's hands, will lose this fight if we aren't careful. Whatever you or I may believe concerning this man's rights both to bear arms in public and to protest on public land, the optics on this go one way, and one way only - This was an act of intimidation; Armed intimidation. That's the way the undecideds and the folks with no skin in this game are going to look at it. Our cause doesn't need "help" from people like this, taking actions like this. This was foolishness, and he's lucky the laws are technically on his side. But just because an action is legal doesn't make it right or wise.
    First and Second Amendment stuff is only valid so long as it doesn't further offend those who already hate us? Personally, I don't believe it works that way.
    G-man*, demanic and Tstone like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    First and Second Amendment stuff is only valid so long as it doesn't further offend those who already hate us? Personally, I don't believe it works that way.
    Frankly, neither do I. But if we have to become our worst enemies in order to win the fight, maybe we don't deserve to win.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I thought I signed up for the "good guys" side. Last time I checked, the good guys handbook said we don't try to intimidate people rights outside their homes while their family members may be present.
    Dunno, maybe I watched too many old westerns when I was growing up.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    In light and darkness alike,
    I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The difference between offend and intimidate is in context. In this context, even if the actions weren't intended to intimidate, it's certainly reasonable to believe that they were. This is something that protestors need to be conscious of.
    MYMOMSSON and Merovius like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Frankly, neither do I. But if we have to become our worst enemies in order to win the fight, maybe we don't deserve to win.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I thought I signed up for the "good guys" side. Last time I checked, the good guys handbook said we don't try to intimidate people rights outside their homes while their family members may be present.
    In the westerns I saw as a kid the good guy always beat the crap out of the bad guy.

Now in the case of the guy with the long gun outside the house of the anti gunner legislator which is the bad guy? The fellow standing up for the right to bear arms (even if some gun owners don't think he should have done it how and where he did it) or the legislator who wants to make it illegal to bear arms? In the big scheme of things which one is being the most intimidating? The supporter of the right to bear arms or the government official that wants to disarm the population?

I know I am more afraid of a government that wants it's population disarmed than I am of some guy walking around with a shotgun protesting a government that wants to disarm the population.

The gun community has tried the being all noble and not stooping to the nasty level of the anti gunners for the past many decades... and it got us here. Clearly the ignoble and nasty anti gunners are the one's winning.

What would I suggest? And yes, this is my personal opinion think what folks may about it. Do not agree to any new anti gun/anti freedom laws. Protest (peacefully but strongly and in great numbers) every new gun control initiative big or small every time everywhere.

And be proud of the right to bear arms. Show your pride and open carry where legal instead of hiding your gun afraid someone might say something nasty to you. Hiding our guns is how bearing arms became a dirty little secret to be feared when seen.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    The difference between offend and intimidate is in context. In this context, even if the actions weren't intended to intimidate, it's certainly reasonable to believe that they were. This is something that protestors need to be conscious of.
    I have no problem intimidating or offending those who seek to do me harm.
    Havok and dp1911 like this.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

VIP Member
    I fight to win, not to keep my white hat. What is this good guy handbook of which you speak?
    Bikenut, demanic and dp1911 like this.

The good guy handbook of which you speak is put out by the other side.
    I ignore it too.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Havok likes this.

Okay okay, but do I have to wear camo to protest with the little ear mouth comm thingy under my special operator helmet ?
    Weather permitting of course but would it be okay to protest in my bag shorts and a Hawaiian shirt underneath my full semi auto scary rifle ?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links