I wish this were fake news, but he really did this - Page 6

I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

This is a discussion on I wish this were fake news, but he really did this within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by maxwell97 The rule of "don't use weapons to intimidate elected officials you don't like" was not laid out by our opposition, but ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    The rule of "don't use weapons to intimidate elected officials you don't like" was not laid out by our opposition, but by reason, decency, the principle of rule of law, and the traditions of self-government. If we give those things up, there is no value whatsoever in keeping our firearms.
    Um, yeah there is, to keep our butts out of the cattle cars when they decide we need re-education.

The fight we are slowly realizing we must undertake in order to preserve not only our right to keep and bear arms, but all of our rights, is not a "gentleman's" fight.

Some of us have realized that long ago.

Some are holding on to the premise that they are better than those that have accepted the reality of the fight and will argue against anything that could possibly be used to paint them as a radical or ruffian.

That's OK.

It is understood that in the American Revolution, only about 3% wanted to actually take the fight to the King.

Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Um, yeah there is, to keep our butts out of the cattle cars when they decide we need re-education.

The fight we are slowly realizing we must undertake in order to preserve not only our right to keep and bear arms, but all of our rights, is not a "gentleman's" fight.

Some are holding on to the premise that they are better than those that have accepted the reality of the fight and will argue against anything that could possibly be used to paint them as a radical or ruffian.

That's OK.

It is understood that in the American Revolution, only about 3% wanted to actually take the fight to the King.
    This x1000^
    LimaCharlie and RScottie like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Actually, yeah, it IS a "gentleman's fight". There is absolutely nothing to be gained by intimidation and violence that can't be gained at the ballot box, at much lower cost. The revolution happened because there was no ballot box.

Or would this new revolution be fought to get rid of the ballot box, since apparently it poses too great a risk to liberty?
    Merovius likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member

That's OK.

Despite this being a dubious claim, your overall post gets a like.
    RScottie likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.Ē― Friedrich Nietzsche

So, to all who are defending intimidation tactics, and are for getting as down and dirty as needed to achieve a victory:

What next? When this fails, as it already seems to have, what's the next extreme to which you are willing to take this? Vandalism? Direct threats of violence? Stalking and harassment? Assault? Or do we jump straight to gunfire?
    And more pointedly, why aren't you out there doing it now? After all, playing by the rules isn't working, right?
    Perhaps because peaceful, civilized, honorable means still stand a chance? Maybe because you realize that once you cross certain lines, you can't go back? It's a might tricky getting those dogs of war back on their leashes once they've run free. Or is there another reason I'm missing?

I like my white hat. I think I'll keep it for now. It looks good in the mirror every morning. And laying it down beside my bed every night helps me sleep better. The black one's safely locked away, awaiting a time when it's needed. I hope it gets good and dusty in there.
    Arejay likes this.
    In light and darkness alike,
    I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Keep on keeping on with the happy thoughts.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
    So, to all who are defending intimidation tactics, and are for getting as down and dirty as needed to achieve a victory:

What next? When this fails, as it already seems to have, what's the next extreme to which you are willing to take this? Vandalism? Direct threats of violence? Stalking and harassment? Assault? Or do we jump straight to gunfire?
    And more pointedly, why aren't you out there doing it now? After all, playing by the rules isn't working, right?
    Perhaps because peaceful, civilized, honorable means still stand a chance? Maybe because you realize that once you cross certain lines, you can't go back? It's a might tricky getting those dogs of war back on their leashes once they've run free. Or is there another reason I'm missing?

I like my white hat. I think I'll keep it for now. It looks good in the mirror every morning. And laying it down beside my bed every night helps me sleep better. The black one's safely locked away, awaiting a time when it's needed. I hope it gets good and dusty in there.
    A thousand people standing up in silent solidarity is more effective than a dozen people making a crazy, loud scene. We seem to be reaching the point where people are finally willing to join that movement in coming out of the shadows and letting their presence be known, so there is still hope.
    MYMOMSSON and Merovius like this.

When something doesnít work, you step up your game, not back down. Iíll leave it at that for now.

Answer this for me. Why do you(or any others with the same mindset) insist on continuing to do things that we do not like the results of? At what point will you realize that our rights are GONE? If not for this, just what do you think 2A is actually for?
    RScottie likes this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

That's OK.

He should have just shot him. He had his tacticool shotgun. The man threaten his rights. That's reason enough. Just shoot him. Some of you all make my head hurt because that's what you want. Going to man's house and act like that. I'm as BOR as anyone and would have to stop and think about dropping old Rambo myself if he came to my door.
    maxwell97 likes this.

The following is my extremely opinionated rant. I make no apology for it.

The gun community has been virtue signaling how responsible (according to the anti gunners standards), reasonable (to the anti gunners standards), and acceptable (to the anti gunners) they are in the hopes the anti gunners will relent and.... ALLOW!.... gun owners to keep their guns and even carry them as long as they keep them hidden from view (so they don't offend those anti gunners) for so long the gun community has been conditioned (trained) to not only know their place but to also do the anti gunner's work for them by riding herd on gun owners who dare actually stand up for the RKBA.

The thing is.... decades of sucking up to the anti gunners by accepting little gun control infringements out of fear of big infringements has resulted in all those little infringements adding up to anti gun legislators being so bold as to pull the crap we are seeing in Virginia. Yes, all that really is our own fault for letting the anti gunners win by being ashamed to even open carry lest we be shunned, ridiculed, and insulted by fellow gun owners.

Gun owners are ashamed of their guns and afraid to carry them in plain sight lest someone be offended. The decades long tactic of playing by the rules set by the anti gunners has not only resulted in a multitude of gun control laws but has also conditioned many gun owners to think virtue signaling to the anti gunners will somehow placate and appease them into not adding even more gun control laws even though the reality of the last several decades of History shows otherwise.

Some even think it is better to lose all ability to exercise the right to bear arms as long as they get to think they took the high road. Well the high road to failure is still failure.
    RScottie and KILTED COWBOY like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MYMOMSSON View Post
    He should have just shot him. He had his tacticool shotgun. The man threaten his rights. That's reason enough. Just shoot him. Some of you all make my head hurt because that's what you want. Going to man's house and act like that. I'm as BOR as anyone and would have to stop and think about dropping old Rambo myself if he came to my door.
    He was on public property, so you fantasizing about killing someone who has done nothing wrong, just because you donít like them isnít helping you sound like the rational one.
    RScottie and G-man* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    He was on public property, so you fantasizing about killing someone who has done nothing wrong, just because you donít like them isnít helping you sound like the rational one.
    Wasn't trying to be the rational one. There's no "rational" in any of this.
    Frodebro likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MYMOMSSON View Post
    Wasn't trying to be the rational one. There's no "rational" in any of this.
    No, there really isn't. Irrational, unconstitutional laws based on fear and misinformation on one side, and irrational reactions coming from the other side. There's no happy ending to that. The only effective response is a large scale push back that lets the politicians know in no uncertain terms that their jobs are in jeopardy if they don't stop infringing on our rights, but the tricky part is getting this message through the noise generated by the liberal snowflakes that think it's a good idea to let the government get away with it.
    maxwell97, MYMOMSSON and Merovius like this.

What's that old saying ? Something about being very careful of the quiet ones. Heard it quite a few times even on this forum. Might be a mistake to judge and categorize someone based on their opinion about this guy and his choice of protest method.

What I saw him doing was not intimidating at all, unless you are an anti-gunner and afraid of guns in the hands of the law abiding.

What I saw was a lone man expressing his disdain for the lawmakers dirty deeds.

What I saw was a lone man that likely had attended the rally in Richmond yet due to the cowardice reaction of the lawmakers that day was unable to speak to them.

So what's a man to do? He tried going to the place where his representatives meet and was fenced out. He had no choice but to go to the mans home for redress of his grievances.

Someone sure has lowered the bar on what is considered intimidation.

If that's all it takes for this "man" to feel intimidated, he has no business being in government and making important decisions.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links