I wish this were fake news, but he really did this - Page 9

I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

This is a discussion on I wish this were fake news, but he really did this within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bikenut I refuse to give up just because I didn't win.... this time. That is how the anti gunners/leftists approach things so ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: I wish this were fake news, but he really did this

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I refuse to give up just because I didn't win.... this time. That is how the anti gunners/leftists approach things so why shouldn't I use that same playbook?
    Exactly. I never said "give up." Our side fights their side every election cycle and court case, that's the way it works. What I'm saying is there will never be total victory. There will never be a time when our rights aren't under threat from future legislation, nor when all existing laws are good. The other side will win some battles, but it doesn't mean they're winning the war.

Intimidation is in the eye of the beholder. Was that politician's actual physical safety really in danger? Or did he just... feel... like it might be?

If we allow what someone else might feel to determine how we fight, or even whether we fight or not, for rights .... then the fight is already lost.
    Actually it has to do with the intent of the "protestor." If he intended to intimidate then he committed a crime. What bothers me is that people here are saying that, if so, they approve of the crime. It's not a question of hurt feelings.
    Merovius likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Answer this for me. Why do you(or any others with the same mindset) insist on continuing to do things that we do not like the results of? At what point will you realize that our rights are GONE? If not for this, just what do you think 2A is actually for?
    Here's my take: If and when the time comes for trigger pulling, I want to be able to do so with a clear conscience; That is to say, that I did everything I could to avoid the chaos and bloodshed, and only took up arms because I was left with no other choice. And I am particular about that last part. If this ever escalates into a civil war or a revolution, nobody will truly win. Whatever emerges on the other side of the conflict won't much resemble the USA that went into it, and in more ways than most people consider. I'm willing to patiently suffer a few more indignities if it means avoiding that. The legal fights have barely begun, and more can happen in the next year to throw momentum in our direction. RBG can't live forever, so the Supreme Court may yet prove a viable path of relief, just for one. As the great sage of baseball once said, "It ain't over 'till it's over."
    In light and darkness alike,
    I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Intimidation is in the eye of the beholder. Was that politician's actual physical safety really in danger? Or did he just... feel... like it might be?

If we allow what someone else might feel to determine how we fight, or even whether we fight or not, for rights .... then the fight is already lost.
    Actually it has to do with the intent of the "protestor." If he intended to intimidate then he committed a crime. What bothers me is that people here are saying that, if so, they approve of the crime. It's not a question of hurt feelings.
    But did he commit a crime? Apparently not since the armed protester was not arrested and that hurt the feelings of the legislator so much he vowed to make armed protests illegal.

Seems to me folks throwing tea they don't own into the harbor is also a crime yet that crime is pretty much condoned by History.

The Constitution is the law of the land. That means the "shall not be infringed" part of the 2nd Amendment is law so anyone who passes laws that infringe is committing a crime. No need to consider the intent of the one who passes infringing laws. Passing them regardless of intent is a crime.

It is entirely possible for someone to ...feel.. intimidated even if there is no intent to intimidate so it is impossible to prevent someone from.. feeling... intimidated. But if folks won't fight against infringements because their adversary might feel intimidated it actually is the folks who won't fight that have been intimidated.

Folks won't exercise their right to bear arms by (legally) open carrying because someone might get upset, or frightened, or feel threatened and call the cops. Well..... guess who has been intimidated into not exercising their right to bear arms by nothing more than the fear of public opinion. And when that happens the anti gunners have won... again.
    RScottie and M1911A1 like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Lead Moderator
    So an armed guy standing in front of a treasonous politician's house freaks him out. All of a sudden the naked reality of it hit him, that there really are consequences for his actions ...and it spooked him terribly.

He ought to feel relieved that the guy was peacefully protesting instead of shooting at him.

I feel that it's just a matter of time until it happens.
    Bikenut, G-man*, Sister and 6 others like this.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    If one person can "undo" what 20,000 people supposedly accomplished then nothing was ever accomplished by that 20,000 in the first place. It was just a "feel good"moment.
    I agree. All these 20,000 people said is: we are pieceful and complacent to all craziness done to us, we ask, please do not do it. So, when some idiot or provocateur did something unconstitutional gang didn't like, then that said gang jumped to impose their evil on these complacent 20,000. People, start being real. Evel force understands only one language: similar counter-force.
    Last edited by gunenthusiast; February 27th, 2020 at 11:28 PM.
    M1911A1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
    Here's my take: If and when the time comes for trigger pulling, I want to be able to do so with a clear conscience; That is to say, that I did everything I could to avoid the chaos and bloodshed, and only took up arms because I was left with no other choice. And I am particular about that last part. If this ever escalates into a civil war or a revolution, nobody will truly win. Whatever emerges on the other side of the conflict won't much resemble the USA that went into it, and in more ways than most people consider. I'm willing to patiently suffer a few more indignities if it means avoiding that. The legal fights have barely begun, and more can happen in the next year to throw momentum in our direction. RBG can't live forever, so the Supreme Court may yet prove a viable path of relief, just for one. As the great sage of baseball once said, "It ain't over 'till it's over."
    Except no shots were fired. A gun was not even aimed at anyone. Do we even know for sure that there was ammo in the gun? You may not realize it, but with your post here, you are actually supporting the “protestor”. People have been trying to avoid chaos and bloodshed, just like you said. People have been soft and the left has seen that, so they have not been concerned. Now some people on the right are figuring that out and they are ramping it up, but there stil has been no chaos or bloodshed, and I don’t think we are close to that happening. But you seem to want to throttle back while the left continues to do away with gun rights. By the time you figure it out, you may not have a gun anymore.

You are right that if there were to be a civil war, the US would look differently after than it does currently. That is the whole point.

You say the legal fights have barely begun. That is false. It began before you were born. When RBG dies it’s unlikely that it will change much for 2A. They are not going to drop everything else so they can go declare all gun laws as unconstitutional. That’s not how it works.
    gunenthusiast likes this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

This might be a good time to point out that governmental rule is accomplished by guile and enforced by intimidation (whether lawful or not); the message is: "Do as we say or suffer our vengeance!" My point is that the ability to intimidate (to make timid) is a fundamental principle of life. The most important reason for the 2nd Amendment is the People to have the ultimate tools of intimidation and enforcement. It is our right and duty to ensure our servants remember they exist to serve, not rule. To place limitations upon that ability is to de-fang and remove the claws from the American people.

"You are either dangerous, or you are food!" is more than just a clever meme.
    Bikenut, Osprey, M1911A1 and 4 others like this.
    ...You will understand everything immediately, when you yourself – "hands behind the back" – toddle into our Archipelago. ---Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
    I like my white hat. I think I'll keep it for now. It looks good in the mirror every morning.
    I like my hat. It was white once as yours is. Now it is brown: it took the color of s*** my opponents throw at me all the time.

Woefully ignorant or just ill informed?

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    We had an idiot a few years ago who protested in front of the home of the Texas house speaker Bonnen who is a typical swamp rat.
    But anyway it finished off any chance of having Constitutional Carry brought to the floor that session.
    On the other hand, the gun grabbers get to intimidate the politicians and private citizens at will and no one bats an eye, it is actually encouraged.
    But let a few Gun Rights folks do the same and all hell breaks loose.
    You are either very ignorant or willfully ignoring reality. Bonnen SAID it was an idiot. It was actually Chris McNutt, the Executive Director of Texas Gun Rights. PEACEFULLY protesting. Here is a video of this "gun nut."

All of my hats are either black or mossy oak.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Folks won't exercise their right to bear arms by (legally) open carrying because someone might get upset, or frightened, or feel threatened and call the cops. Well..... guess who has been intimidated into not exercising their right to bear arms by nothing more than the fear of public opinion.
    Or, perhaps, they don't want people to feel threatened by their actions, because they have a sense of common decency? Or is that another thing we're throwing away in our fear?

I mean, you can see how a person could feel threatened by someone who dislikes him standing outside his house with a shotgun, right?
    Merovius likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

"A sense of common decency", just another one of those virtues that they will use against you if you let them.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Or, perhaps, they don't want people to feel threatened by their actions, because they have a sense of common decency? Or is that another thing we're throwing away in our fear?

I mean, you can see how a person could feel threatened by someone who dislikes him standing outside his house with a shotgun, right?
    That would be called condition Orange; i.e., a possible threat.
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; February 28th, 2020 at 05:20 PM.
    ...You will understand everything immediately, when you yourself – "hands behind the back" – toddle into our Archipelago. ---Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    This might be a good time to point out that governmental rule is accomplished by guile and enforced by intimidation (whether lawful or not); the message is: "Do as we say or suffer our vengeance!" My point is that the ability to intimidate (to make timid) is a fundamental principle of life. The most important reason for the 2nd Amendment is the People to have the ultimate tools of intimidation and enforcement. It is our right and duty to ensure our servants remember they exist to serve, not rule. To place limitations upon that ability is to de-fang and remove the claws from the American people.
    Fully agree. People do not do something only if they are threatened to be punished for that. (I mean evil people, I exclude you, guys, who I know will never do anything immoral) Are politicians threatened by going to jail for violating the main law of the land? What is the punishment for violating Constitutin by making unconstitutional law? Which affects everyone. Armed population and armed demonstration in front of politician who otherwise is not punished for his crimes (braking main law of the land) is a small thing that can be done, and one hero did it.
    Bikenut and Havok like this.

In the country with the second amendment we now have a new oxymoron:

lawful carry

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links