I am starting to get worried - Page 3

I am starting to get worried

This is a discussion on I am starting to get worried within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You have better enjoy your guns now, at some point in time you will not legally be able to do so. Perhaps not in five ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: I am starting to get worried

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    2,227
    You have better enjoy your guns now, at some point in time you will not legally be able to do so.
    Perhaps not in five years, ten or twenty but the day is coming.
    OD* likes this.

  2. #32
    VIP Member Array MMinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    charleston,sc
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the average low information voter.
    They are not as plugged in or do the research that most of us here do
    I'm not. I think even with the low information voters he will have more votes than last time. Hillary was a terrible terrible candidate. It is hard to imagine a worse candidate than her but I think they may have found one in Biden. Every position that he had that regular people liked has flip-flopped to the extreme left. Those policies are not popular with the American people regardless how often the MSM tries to tell us they are. Plus he is a loon. Most people are not paying attention yet but the more they see of him, the more they will realize that he is senile.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

  3. #33
    Distinguished Member Array BMcPhe44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas South Plains
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfBurden View Post
    It's a good idea that everyone get active on social media and correct the lies people tell about the second amendment with truth. Get as specific as possible. Biden recently lied about being against the second amendment, so the easy and correct thing to do is point out that he lied and post videos showing his anti-2A stances. Get specific about his voting record too. Mainstream media mostly leans left and gatekeeps who comes on their TV shows, but try as they might (and they definitely do!) they can't completely silence pro-2A information on social media. It may be popular to bash social media, but far more people use it than watch CNN. Do what you can to educate people with the truth, or the anti-2A people will happily educate them with lies. An informed electorate is a good electorate, so do your part.

    As far as voting goes, it's a binary choice, plain and simple. Due to the electoral college either a republican or democrat will hold office, which is why Bernie Sanders who is an independent is running for president as a democrat for example. I don't like that and our founding fathers weren't big on political parties either, but it's the world we live in and not the perfect world we could come up with on paper. Trump hasn't been perfect. I'll never defend him for stupidly banning bumpstocks, and that's coming from someone who never had a desire to own one. But if democrats gain more power they'll ban a whole lot more. Don't take my word for it, take the democrats at their word and look at their voting records. Also reject that lie about there being pro-second amendment democrat politicians these days. There aren't. When they try to BS you with that, take a good look at Conor Lamb, Joe Manchin, etc. They'll talk big about representing their constituents, but their voting record always shows otherwise, and at the end of the day they'll do what Pelosi and Schumer want them to.

    And even if you don't like Trump, would you rather he be the one to pick supreme court nominees or the democrats? It's useful to have pro-2A members of congress and a pro-2A president, but when it comes down to it what's especially important is having pro-2A members of the supreme court. Presidents are in for eight years max and party changes do happen in congress, but the supreme court appointments are for life and their members decide on whether or not a law will stand. If you are voting for a democrat you are voting against the second amendment. If you're voting for Trump and other republicans, as flawed as they are ,they're by default more pro-2A than democrats and will be able to provide the votes needed for another potential Trump supreme court pick.
    I really agree with your post, especially the bolded parts. In my mind the main problem is the continuous decline of the American voter and their desire to support and maintain our 2nd Amendment. Numerous reasons for this, but you can't eliminate immigration, both legal and illegal, as a major reason for a seemingly lack of knowledge among a growing voting population. I don't think even a small minority of the people who come here do so in the hopes of being able to own a gun. That is far down the list on their reasons for wanting to be here, in my opinion. I believe to preserve this right we must control our borders and stop any mass amnesty program. Republicans will try and do that to some degree, Democrats won't. Immigration should be a controlled process that includes allegiance to our COTUS and most importantly the 2nd Amendment.

    Democrats throughout our history have pushed gun control and every "major" gun control bill passed has been introduced and passed by a Congress and Executive that was a Democrat unified government, back to the NFA of 1933------Democrat controlled House and Senate and Roosevelt as the President. Those who choose to ignore this fact are either ignorant of it or they have an overriding agenda that forces them to support the Democrat Party such as Unions, abortion or other social causes.

    This Democrat phenomena goes further back than that, The Black Codes after the Civil War denied Blacks the right to own guns because the racist cowards in the KKK (the militant arm of the Democrat Party) did not want Blacks to be able to defend themselves.


    https://humanevents.com/2012/04/18/t...of-gun-rights/
    "Gun control laws were originally promulgated by Democrats to keep guns out of the hands of blacks. This allowed the Democratic policy of slavery to proceed with fewer bumps and, after the Civil War, allowed the Democratic Ku Klux Klan to menace and murder black Americans with little resistance.

    (Contrary to what illiterates believe, the KKK was an outgrowth of the Democratic Party, with overlapping membership rolls. The Klan was to the Democrats what the American Civil Liberties Union is today: Not every Democrat is an ACLU’er, but every ACLU’er is a Democrat. Same with the Klan.)"

    After the war, Democratic legislatures enacted “Black Codes,” denying black Americans the right of citizenship – such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms – while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan."



    Again, denying these facts, is nothing more than ignorance, or an attempt to justify a reason to vote Democrat that is more important to that voter than the RTKAB. Of course that is just my opinion backed by some historical events.

    No matter how you parse it, it is going to be a Democrat or a Republican, any other vote is a throwaway or a meaningless protest vote.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

    {NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,282
    I’ve been nervous for decades.

    Just how I feel as an educated American: We are not going to vote our way back into freedom, things have gone too far and neither side likely has the belief in our founding documents that are written there.
    Appalachian Concealment


    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

  6. #35
    Member Array demanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    US
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I’ve been nervous for decades.

    Just how I feel as an educated American: We are not going to vote our way back into freedom, things have gone too far and neither side likely has the belief in our founding documents that are written there.
    So, we are then left with the same choice as our ancestors.

    Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

  7. #36
    Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    I really agree with your post, especially the bolded parts. In my mind the main problem is the continuous decline of the American voter and their desire to support and maintain our 2nd Amendment. Numerous reasons for this, but you can't eliminate immigration, both legal and illegal, as a major reason for a seemingly lack of knowledge among a growing voting population. I don't think even a small minority of the people who come here do so in the hopes of being able to own a gun. That is far down the list on their reasons for wanting to be here, in my opinion. I believe to preserve this right we must control our borders and stop any mass amnesty program. Republicans will try and do that to some degree, Democrats won't. Immigration should be a controlled process that includes allegiance to our COTUS and most importantly the 2nd Amendment.

    Democrats throughout our history have pushed gun control and every "major" gun control bill passed has been introduced and passed by a Congress and Executive that was a Democrat unified government, back to the NFA of 1933------Democrat controlled House and Senate and Roosevelt as the President. Those who choose to ignore this fact are either ignorant of it or they have an overriding agenda that forces them to support the Democrat Party such as Unions, abortion or other social causes.

    This Democrat phenomena goes further back than that, The Black Codes after the Civil War denied Blacks the right to own guns because the racist cowards in the KKK (the militant arm of the Democrat Party) did not want Blacks to be able to defend themselves.


    https://humanevents.com/2012/04/18/t...of-gun-rights/
    "Gun control laws were originally promulgated by Democrats to keep guns out of the hands of blacks. This allowed the Democratic policy of slavery to proceed with fewer bumps and, after the Civil War, allowed the Democratic Ku Klux Klan to menace and murder black Americans with little resistance.

    (Contrary to what illiterates believe, the KKK was an outgrowth of the Democratic Party, with overlapping membership rolls. The Klan was to the Democrats what the American Civil Liberties Union is today: Not every Democrat is an ACLU’er, but every ACLU’er is a Democrat. Same with the Klan.)"

    After the war, Democratic legislatures enacted “Black Codes,” denying black Americans the right of citizenship – such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms – while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan."



    Again, denying these facts, is nothing more than ignorance, or an attempt to justify a reason to vote Democrat that is more important to that voter than the RTKAB. Of course that is just my opinion backed by some historical events.

    No matter how you parse it, it is going to be a Democrat or a Republican, any other vote is a throwaway or a meaningless protest vote.
    Oh please let me "like" this post again and again! Very well done!

  8. #37
    VIP Member
    Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I'm not. I think even with the low information voters he will have more votes than last time. Hillary was a terrible terrible candidate. It is hard to imagine a worse candidate than her but I think they may have found one in Biden. Every position that he had that regular people liked has flip-flopped to the extreme left. Those policies are not popular with the American people regardless how often the MSM tries to tell us they are. Plus he is a loon. Most people are not paying attention yet but the more they see of him, the more they will realize that he is senile.
    I pray that you are right my brother,
    They say for a horrible, terrible candidate she won the popular vote.
    But Trump was an unknown.
    Hopefully more folks will find him more agreeable this time around.
    National elections just seem to be almost 50/50 in recent years.
    There are way too many people who want this country to change, and not for the better in my opinion
    MMinSC, demanic, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.

  9. #38
    Member Array OakBluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    46
    As I have said in another related thread, I believe Joe Biden, and the people that he might appoint, are a direct threat to the Second Amendment, as we know it. He is capable of doing a lot of damage to the firearm industry, and the right of citizens to concealed carry.
    Last edited by OakBluff; March 11th, 2020 at 08:12 PM.

  10. #39
    Member Array demanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    US
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    As I have said in another related thread, I believe Joe Biden, and the people that he might appoint, are a direct threat to the Second Amendment, as we know it. He is capable of doing a lot of damage to the firearm industry, and the right of citizens to concealed carry.
    It would be unfortunate if they were to start another hot civil war. But whatever will be will be.

    Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    matthew03 likes this.

  11. #40
    Member Array BeastOfBurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    I really agree with your post, especially the bolded parts. In my mind the main problem is the continuous decline of the American voter and their desire to support and maintain our 2nd Amendment. Numerous reasons for this, but you can't eliminate immigration, both legal and illegal, as a major reason for a seemingly lack of knowledge among a growing voting population. I don't think even a small minority of the people who come here do so in the hopes of being able to own a gun. That is far down the list on their reasons for wanting to be here, in my opinion. I believe to preserve this right we must control our borders and stop any mass amnesty program. Republicans will try and do that to some degree, Democrats won't. Immigration should be a controlled process that includes allegiance to our COTUS and most importantly the 2nd Amendment.

    Democrats throughout our history have pushed gun control and every "major" gun control bill passed has been introduced and passed by a Congress and Executive that was a Democrat unified government, back to the NFA of 1933------Democrat controlled House and Senate and Roosevelt as the President. Those who choose to ignore this fact are either ignorant of it or they have an overriding agenda that forces them to support the Democrat Party such as Unions, abortion or other social causes.

    This Democrat phenomena goes further back than that, The Black Codes after the Civil War denied Blacks the right to own guns because the racist cowards in the KKK (the militant arm of the Democrat Party) did not want Blacks to be able to defend themselves.


    https://humanevents.com/2012/04/18/t...of-gun-rights/
    "Gun control laws were originally promulgated by Democrats to keep guns out of the hands of blacks. This allowed the Democratic policy of slavery to proceed with fewer bumps and, after the Civil War, allowed the Democratic Ku Klux Klan to menace and murder black Americans with little resistance.

    (Contrary to what illiterates believe, the KKK was an outgrowth of the Democratic Party, with overlapping membership rolls. The Klan was to the Democrats what the American Civil Liberties Union is today: Not every Democrat is an ACLU’er, but every ACLU’er is a Democrat. Same with the Klan.)"

    After the war, Democratic legislatures enacted “Black Codes,” denying black Americans the right of citizenship — such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms — while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan."



    Again, denying these facts, is nothing more than ignorance, or an attempt to justify a reason to vote Democrat that is more important to that voter than the RTKAB. Of course that is just my opinion backed by some historical events.

    No matter how you parse it, it is going to be a Democrat or a Republican, any other vote is a throwaway or a meaningless protest vote.
    This is a great post! We need to educate people about the racist history of gun control and the democrats being the party of the KKK. Of course when we do that we'll get the usual ill-informed leftist talking point about the party switch, so there's another thing we need to teach them about.


  12. #41
    VIP Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    5,536
    Did anyone else read 270 Win and think something NOT election related?
    Rock and Glock, maxwell97 and OD* like this.
    Psalm 144:1

  13. #42
    Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Kankakee County Il.
    Posts
    1,855
    All national politics are gun rights related. Why the negative attitude towards Trump? He as protected your rights more than any president in the last fifty years but if you keep making nasty remarks you might influence enough people that they will vote for Joe and his gun grabbing buddy Beto. As Far as I can see when you say that Trump hasn't been perfect on gun rights that is a damned lie as old Joe would say. The electoral votes that are being counted right now are only the ones in the Democrat party to see who they will nominate. They aren't counting anything about Republican versus Democrat yet. I think you are getting excited over nothing. Trump is going to win bigger than any president it the last 75 years.
    MMinSC and BMcPhe44 like this.

  14. #43
    Ex Member Array Rugerboy357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    28
    I am not a huge fan of Trump, he has many strange ideas, but the important thing is HE IS VERY PRO GUN RIGHTS, AND THAT IS MY MAIN CONCERN. also i do not think people will vote for biden with the way he is acting, he clearly either has some health concern or is simply mentally handicapped the way he acts.

  15. #44
    New Member Array stug3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    10
    I dont think trump is "VERY PRO GUN RIGHTS" at all. He tells people what they want to hear and then does stuff like banning bump stocks because it was politically expedient and took the heat off him. If we are going to protect the 2A we have to do it by pressuring congressional reps & senators.
    Last edited by stug3; March 15th, 2020 at 09:00 AM.

  16. #45
    Distinguished Member Array BMcPhe44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas South Plains
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by stug3 View Post
    I dont think trump is "VERY PRO GUN RIGHTS" at all. He tells people what they want to hear and then does stuff like banning bump stocks because it was politically expedient and took the heat off him. If we are going to protect the 2A we have to do it by pressuring congressional reps & senators..
    Trump is not as pro-gun as you, or me, or probably anyone else on this Forum (other than than a few trolls maybe), and if he was he could never get elected. These are the times we live in I am afraid.

    This, in my opinion, is not about electing a "very pro-gun rights" President because there are few of those available and certainly none who could win at the present time. I would argue that Trump is probably the most pro-gun President in my lifetime. Reagan was pretty good until he and Baker were severely wounded by a shooter and he fell prey to a feel good reaction, which is basically what Trump's bump stock ban was. Designed to blunt the MSM and their asinine notion of disarming the good guys to protect us from the bad guys.

    This is not about electing the perfect pro-gun politician, there is none that could win the election. It is about electing the candidate running on the ticket of the only party which voices support (however feeble you think it is) for the RTKAB, and has a chance of beating the Democrats. You have listened to the Democrat candidates on gun control haven't you? In my opinion, if you support gun rights, there is no justification for any vote other than for Trump and the Republican Party.

    Here are just a few of the major gun control bills passed when the Government was unified Democrat and there are others. Some like the AR ban were done away with when Republicans regained control.


    Bill Year President Party Congress Party
    NFA 1933-34 Roosevelt D unified Democrats
    GCA 1968 Johnson D unified Democrats
    Brady 1994 Clinton D unified Democrats
    AR Ban 1994 Clinton D unified Democrats

    Until someone can post some facts that show we would be better off with Democrats, I will stick to my belief that any vote other than for a Republican is a throw-away, or a protest, and actually helps elect Democrats, and as a result supports more gun control.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

    {NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •