The best thing the NRA has done in awhile - Page 3

The best thing the NRA has done in awhile

This is a discussion on The best thing the NRA has done in awhile within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jmf552 100% agree. They had nothing to do with the incident or this guy's opinions. All they did was video it and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: The best thing the NRA has done in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    100% agree. They had nothing to do with the incident or this guy's opinions. All they did was video it and publish it. It does not take a hugely funded lobbying group to do that. Amateur vloggers on YouTube do it all the time. What are they doing with the rest of the $400 million or so they spend every year? Whatever it is, it does not seem to be having much of an effect.
    My thoughts exactly. They should be doing this all the time. Plenty of people with far less resources make similar videos. It’s easy to do. They are paid so much to do the difficult things.
    CDRJed and airslot like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    I do not believe that fact. I believe that the closest Kerry was ever to a group of seals would have been at a zoo aquarium.

I would be interested in seeing factual information of his so-called "SEAL" career.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2013/07...id-in-vietnam/
    Your attention is directed to post #26. Thank you for playing.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Yes, as already pointed out by OD*, SatCong, and CavemanBob. But feel free to pile on.
    Cannonball!
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I like the video, it was a great idea (if a bit of a no-brainer). I just wish they would have made it a bit more professional e.g., shorter, with only a couple of redundancies to make it only appear amateurish, and to make the background music actually background.
    G26Raven likes this.
    ...You will understand everything immediately, when you yourself – "hands behind the back" – toddle into our Archipelago. ---Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Biden is a bona fide idiot. One doesn't make as many mistakes as does he who has his sensibilities about him. One makes these mistakes for three reasons. (1) He is ignorant of the subject matter. (2) His brain has trouble put together coherent sentences. (3) He is too arrogant to correct his mistakes because he doesn't believe he made any mistakes.

Biden fits all of these factors and more.
    Not to mention he has a history of lies, plagiarism, and huge distortions about his education and IQ. Amazing how the mudslingers could find obscure clips from the last winning candidate's past, but are silent about Biden's record dating back to his embarrassing candidacy in the late 80s.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I hate to say it, but this video looks like it was produced to throw a bunch of red meat to gun owners like us so that we will feel inclined to send the NRA more money. The NRA should be producing ads that target those people who may not like so called assault weapons or who may be on the fence. Anybody who owns an AR15 these days who still hasn’t figured out the Communists/Democrats want to ban them is probably too stupid to ever be convinced. The NRA and other gun groups should be taking the list of bills the Democrats proposed in Virginia this session and say how they will nationalize those type bills under a Biden presidency. Those bills included redefining broad categories of firearms (including most double stack pistols) as assault weapons and banning them, confiscation without compensation, red flag laws that deprive gun owners of the fundamental right of due process, and many more. The Democrats in Virginia exposed their real strategy. I think there are a lot of people, including casual gun owners who tune out when the NRA or any other group talks “assault weapons” but I think most would pay attention if they were educated to understand that the Democrats now are re-defining their bedside handgun or 12 gauge shotgun as an assault weapon and plan to ban and confiscate them without even compensating the owner.
    Chaplain Scott and Nmuskier like this.

At 4 minutes 10 seconds it is a tad long for an ad. But I'm sure they could put together several different 30 second or even 60 second ads with careful editing. Listening to John Kerry one tends to forget he was actually a Navy SEAL.
    He "served" on a River Boat, that doesn't make him a SEAL.
    airslot likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Your attention is directed to post #26. Thank you for playing.
    Oops, late to the party...
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

The training he received at Coronado was on the swift boat. In that capacity he wouldn't have known anything about an AR-16 as it never reached full production and the US never fielded any.
    And yes the M-16 was in production in 1965 and on. We had M-16's and M-14's on our boat. Every one had hands on training with them.
    msgt/ret and G26Raven like this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    And yes the M-16 was in production in 1965 and on. We had M-16's and M-14's on our boat. Every one had hands on training with them.
    He said AR-16, not M-16. Completely different gun. The AR-16 was a 7.62x51. It was never intended for military use, but applications like third world security use. It only saw limited production. It was later redesigned for 5.56 and re-marketed as the AR-18, which had some success.

The best thing the NRA has done in awhile-armalite_ar-16.jpg
    Arejay and spclopr8tr like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    He said AR-16, not M-16. Completely different gun. The AR-16 was a 7.62x51. It was never intended for military use, but applications like third world security use. It only saw limited production. It was later redesigned for 5.56 and re-marketed as the AR-18, which had some success.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArmaLite_AR-16.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	317574
    Trouble is, in training and in Nam they called both M-16 or AR. It was a M 16 E1 and I hated it. But most of the time it was AR, and that was with a .223.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Yes, as already pointed out by OD*, SatCong, and CavemanBob. But feel free to pile on.
    John Kerry was definitely not a SEAL.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Sen. Bob Kerrey was a SEAL.
    CavemanBob and ETXhiker like this.

This is a good NRA membership drive. It is not a good campaign add. It doesn't change minds. If anything, it helps the anti-gun group reinforces their stereotypes about guns.

The end message is spot on though. Educating the misinformed is the way to approach the cultural rift.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    As a recent life member of the NRA, I can't say I am happy about many of the things they have done lately, but this was a golden opportunity that they seized.

You are absolutely right.....I'm ready for Wayne to go though!
    danco and OD* like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links