Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide

This is a discussion on Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think there are going to be more than a few liberals who get their knickers in a twist! Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide

I think there are going to be more than a few liberals who get their knickers in a twist!

President Trumpís Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.

The DHS guidelines list as essential:
    Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.

Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...es-nationwide/
    SpringerXD, Havok, OD* and 11 others like this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

However, the list is advisory, not directive.

https://www.cisa.gov/publication/gui...ture-workforce

"This list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered, a federal directive or standard." (bolded in original publication)

The VA Governor shut down indoor shooting ranges as part of his Executive Order 53. I doubt he'll amend the order because he's not required to.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post

"This list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered, a federal directive or standard." (bolded in original publication)

The VA Governor shut down indoor shooting ranges as part of his Executive Order 53. I doubt he'll amend the order because he's not required to.
    Indoor shooting ranges have about the best ventilation systems known to man! I can't think of a better place to be!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post

Phil Van Cleave, the president of the VCDL said just hours ago that the organization was already pursing getting the ranges open "by other means" and this federal ruling helps.

If I read between the lines of that, based on how the VCDL has operated on things like this in the past, they are probably pursuing a court injunction against the range closures. This DHS ruling would certainly be introduced as part of the argument. The GOA and the SAF are also pursuing legal actions around the country on range closures. My guess is other state groups are probably joining in also. So this ruling is not decisive, but it may provide leverage for change.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

This is good news. Finally a gun rights win from the administration.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Indoor shooting ranges have about the best ventilation systems known to man! I can't think of a better place to be!
    But what about the area at the counter?
    Osprey and G26Raven like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    This is good news. Finally a gun rights win from the administration. But what about the area at the counter?
    The counter is basically retail, like a gun store. At least in VA, gun stores can still remain open, just not the indoor ranges, and therefore no indoor range training either.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The counter is basically retail, like a gun store. At least in VA, gun stores can still remain open, just not the indoor ranges, and therefore no indoor range training either.
    I think he is referring that the counter area does not have the same ventilation system as the range area, thus: still prone to getting COVIC-19.
    G26Raven and Havok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I think he is referring that the counter area does not have the same ventilation system as the range area, thus: still prone to getting COVIC-19.
    Yeah, you may be right about his intent. I could not tell by how he worded it. But that brings up another point. I am not sure range ventilation, as powerful as it is, is a solid prevention for virus transmission. From what I've read, it can help, but distance from other people is still the best bet.
    Osprey, Nmuskier and CDRJed like this.

Yep, @Osprey is correct on what I was getting it at. The range area is well ventilated and even if you filled every lane, you still have a barricade between you. That being said, I would say the biggest issue inside the range would be setting your gun, mags and ammo on the bench that could be contaminated, or touching the keypad to move the target. However, when you're in line at the counter, you're closer to other people, possibly touching a countertop and payment machine, or exchanging cash that sick people have touched, etc, not that its any worse than any other retail store though.
    G26Raven likes this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Yeah, you may be right about his intent. I could not tell by how he worded it. But that brings up another point. I am not sure range ventilation, as powerful as it is, is a solid prevention for virus transmission. From what I've read, it can help, but distance from other people is still the best bet.
    Have to say the range ventilation at Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas is amazing. A defensive 12 ga semi auto can put out a lot of smoke when emptying a fully loaded tube. That cloud stays in front of the firing line and gets sucked downrange in seconds.

The Elite retail area is open for business now anyway, with social distance rules in place, at least according to their website. The state mandating the range area being closed doesn't do much to help, other than reducing the number of people overall going through the retail area to the range. If the range was open, hopefully they'd close every other lane, but they would do a booming business.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

It would be one of the worst places you can be. You get the disease from droplets and at least in my local ranges, you're way too close to each other

When I went to the range last week, I made my appointment for the first time slot of the day (they do clean the bays), and I put on disposable rubber gloves before I left my car. After I finished shooting, I wiped down my guns, washed my hands with their disposable wipes with the gloves still on (they clean easily) and paid up, removing the gloves after leaving the store. Nothing is foolproof, but I had no worries. Made sure not to touch my face on the way home, and cleaned up after I got there.

Our state is shut down now, but gun stores are essential. As of Friday evening, my LGS thought they would be able to keep the range open. If so, I may go again this week, using the same protocol.
    G26Raven and Petroleum 1 like this.

I snowshoed out to a 25m range Friday. I packed the stage bag with a few pistols and the essentials. I wouldn't be at a public range, indoor or outdoor.

I am glad to see gun stores are open. I am sad to see the government permission slip offices are in various states of limited services. Many people cannot legally purchase firearms because of these lack of administrative services.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

VIP Member
    Here in Texas, Attorney General Ken Paxton announces that all local municipalities canít change any State or Federal laws concerning the sale or possession of firearms.
    Any local cities or towns doing it will be prosecuted.

VIP Member
    Outdoor ranges have some pretty good ones, too....

G26Raven, dangerranger and OD* like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links