DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum - Articles
  • Categories Widget (Show All)

• Articles RSS Feed

by
    Article Preview

I started this in response to a posting over on THR well over a year ago - Feb 2004 in fact.... and a question was asked -

How's about definitions of a sight picture, re: iron sights, proper vs. improper, preferably with graphic
    by

Handgun Stopping Power
    By Tom Perroni

When it comes to Handgun Stopping Power I have always taught my students that a Handgun is tool; a tool to fight your way back to the shotgun or long-gun you should have had if you ...
    by

There are a lot of things to consider with the given scenario "can I shoot an unarmed person if they want to fight me?" You have to decide what you want to do and be prepared for the consequences plain and simple.

by

Note: This is intended as a starting point for a collaborative layperson's guide to handling a shooting / stabbing victim. I encourage others with a background in Fire/EMS and emergency medicine to contribute suggestions for additions or changes. ...
    by

Is "Cocked and Locked" Dangerous?
    By Syd

Q: The one and only problem I've ever had with the classic 1911 is having to carry "cocked & locked.” In your opinion, are the double action only models offered ...
    by
    Article Preview

The following is taken directly from a posting I made at a different gunfu site where I'm a moderator dating back to 2006 in which I was reporting a real world incident I'd had hours prior where there was a decision process involved to which ...
    by
    JD
    Article Preview

Found this article via Google, Google is our friend.

Concealment Holsters 101

Concealment holsters 101: The complete guide to concealment holsters

By Ralph Mroz

Experienced gun-carriers often joke among themselves about the "drawer full" of holsters that they've accumulated over the years … and don't use. There are several reasons it takes a while to find just the right holster for you; you probably need a few different kinds of holsters for a few different guns; some holsters are well made, while others aren't. Now do all the permutations of these reasons multiplied by the dozens of holster manufacturers, custom holster makers, and semi-custom makers, and you wind up with … well, a whole lot of holsters that you don't use, and a few that you
    by

From Blackwater's email - written by Massad Ayoob

Carrying a lethal weapon in public confers a grave power that carries with it great responsibilities. Those who lawfully engage in the practice realize that. Those who are considering ...
    by

I forget exactly where I got this material, but I do use some examples in the ccw classes I teach and I've verified much of it from when I was a State Parole Officer.

Threat Behavior

Aside from the obvious “bum” ...
    by
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Forums

I've made it no secret that I take self defense very seriously. Give me an opportunity to learn a way or means to defend myself and I will be happy to volunteer. Even if it's just a review of principles already learned, I am appreciative of ...