Defensive Carry banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
We have discussed this "following unlawful / immoral order" thing almost to death.

I am pretty sure I do know the mindset of police officers. The real obstacle for them is that they have to live in the communities they would be asked to violate.

Those of you who have worn a badge know first hand how serious the abuse from some segments of the community can get - for them personally, but also for their families. Those who don't are very lucky. I cannot even imagine what it would be like if the whole (or even a majority) of the community turned on them. You would probably have to move your family to a foreign country.

And last time I looked, the vast majority of our military lives here also - in the very same communities who seemingly will turn on authority at the drop of a hat. Maybe they're all single. But I'm pretty sure anyone they know and care about would pay a terrible price. Just my opinions.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
As of 2017 they estimated that there are over 393 million firearms in civilian hands in the USA. I am sure that has gone up a lot higher.
That is 46% of the worldwide total of firearms in civilian hands.
Good luck confiscating or buying back. Ain't gonna happen. There are not enough cops or Guardsmen to accomplish that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just don't understand this wait thing. I've always been good to go real quick with the background check. As in usually it comes back before the guy has a chance to turn around. I think the longest I've waited was 2 minutes.

I think things are going to get worse, as far as gun availability and ammo. Went to the range/gun store yesterday. About the same as the othe comments, as far as guns go. Maybe a couple dozen handguns. Long guns were a bit light, too. Couldn't get a straight answer as to when they would get more in. Tried to make a joke about democrats buying them all up, but it didn't seem to set well with the guy at the counter. Oh well. Not like I use this place for buying guns anyway. They want MSRP for their guns, and we can always find them cheaper elsewhere.

I'm just glad I started reloading.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just don't understand this wait thing. I've always been good to go real quick with the background check. As in usually it comes back before the guy has a chance to turn around. I think the longest I've waited was 2 minutes.

I think things are going to get worse, as far as gun availability and ammo. Went to the range/gun store yesterday. About the same as the othe comments, as far as guns go. Maybe a couple dozen handguns. Long guns were a bit light, too. Couldn't get a straight answer as to when they would get more in. Tried to make a joke about democrats buying them all up, but it didn't seem to set well with the guy at the counter. Oh well. Not like I use this place for buying guns anyway. They want MSRP for their guns, and we can always find them cheaper elsewhere.

I'm just glad I started reloading.
I'm looking into reloading. Not sure I feel comfortable enough though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
As of 2017 they estimated that there are over 393 million firearms in civilian hands in the USA. I am sure that has gone up a lot higher.
That is 46% of the worldwide total of firearms in civilian hands.
Good luck confiscating or buying back. Ain't gonna happen. There are not enough cops or Guardsmen to accomplish that.
It doesn't take a lot of men to accomplish, just time. They watch your house, wait until no one is there and then go in (with a warrant) and take your stuff. You are not a factor, no matter how you plan to resist. If necessary (and warranted), they'll arrest you away from your home.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It doesn't take a lot of men to accomplish, just time. They watch your house, wait until no one is there and then go in (with a warrant) and take your stuff. You are not a factor, no matter how you plan to resist. If necessary (and warranted), they'll arrest you away from your home.
Guess y’all think they can arrest a couple million people.
Still not seeing it.
Not like it is going to happen in super secrecy.
Gun owners will find out and protect their stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Guess y’all think they can arrest a couple million people.
Respectfully, I think no such thing. They have developed tactics that enable them to get your stuff, without you being involved. They can methodically get many of the guns without arresting anyone. It's the method they are using to take 'red flagged' guns. No one is being arrested unless there is a warranted reason for arrest, and those arrests happen away from home. Getting the guns is a different matter -- it's not secret, but is happening very quietly. It's happening NOW with the red flag laws. I'll protect my stuff and the Constitution with my life, but probably won't have the opportunity. I don't see much resistance, organized or not, to the current unconstitutional confiscations. They know going door-to-door would start a war that they would lose.

·
Super Moderator
19,240 Posts
Consider the poor schleps with common surnames, like mine. Back in CT there was a notorious drug dealer with the same first AND last names as mine around the time I was buying my second or third handgun. I felt almost lucky I was only delayed a day.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I went to my favorite gun store and range a couple days ago. Ammo selves were pretty bare except for uncommon calibers. Right now if you want 9 mm ammo you will leave the store wanting 9 mm ammo.. Guns weren't to plentiful either. I guess theses are the times you stock up for. Take care and be careful.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts