Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a positive note, there is a lot of support for law enforcement here in Southern Utah. Unlike Salt Lake City, which has seen riots and violence, there have been no riots in the small towns of the state. Support for law enforcement has been very good locally.

Last week, when my partner and I stopped for lunch while on patrol, someone anonymously paid our bill (we're not knowingly allowed to accept any gratuities). During the pandemic, various individuals and businesses delivered all sorts of food weekly to local law enforcement offices.

This article is about an event that took place about 45 minutes south of our small town.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
There is a LOT of support for law enforcement here in LA (Lower Alabama)! Lots of "Back the Blue" and "Back the Badge" stickers and quite a few thin blue line US flags in the area. Many of the local businesses have signs thanking law enforcement and military. NO municipalities in this area have even considered de-funding police and quite the opposite most have drafted formal resolutions to back their law enforcement.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Folks around here Love a cop when they need one Hate a cop when they get pulled over. Overall all my area is I would say positive towards the boots on the ground not so much towards the folks in charge. Been burned by to many crooked sheriff's and police chiefs taking that sweet drug money.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
In 20 years we have gone from adoration of our cops for running into the twin towers, to spitting on them.
I was thinking about that the other day. I remember in late 2001, folks were paying for the meals of policemen and firemen in area restaurants on a regular basis. We frequently heard very positive comments about first responders. My, how times have changed.

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
I think the silent majority hasn’t changed their outlook. Police are appreciated. Folks want officers and enforcement. They support them, except for the BATF but that is another topic altogether.

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
Folks around here Love a cop when they need one Hate a cop when they get pulled over. Overall all my area is I would say positive towards the boots on the ground not so much towards the folks in charge. Been burned by to many crooked sheriff's and police chiefs taking that sweet drug money.
Maybe we can bring back the Parr family descendants to get things cleaned up down there! 😂

Reactions: Rabbit212
1 - 9 of 9 Posts