Defensive Carry banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
I'm not wanting to be a guinea pig. Possible side effects that take awhile to develop, what about that.
Few years from now be advertisement on TV "Did you take the COVID shot eventually go blind and have your private parts painfully rot off?" Call the law firm of ___.
Too much MeTV time...

Registered
Depends! Your question leaves out a lot of information such as the results of the trials, side-effects, potential dangers, etc. I can't speak for everyone, but I would need to know a lot more about this vaccine first.
All of the above. And I might want to sit back and watch a full 12 month season of others using the vaccine just to see how it worked for the average person. But if my employer required it, I doubt I would quit my job over it.

Registered
I mix my bourbon with stump water collected from a graveyard by the light of a full moon. Huck says it's good for what ails yah.

Registered
Anyone who loves sausage and appreciates the law should watch neither being made. - Mark Twain.

That said, I MIGHT be inclined to take the vaccine, depending on its side effects.
I had an uncle who was a butcher. Whenever we all ate out together, he would order a cheese sandwich.

As much as I'd want to wait and see, if the virus hit our household it would be terrible. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the first vaccine comes out of China. They will probably test it on people, but how long will they wait for side effects to appear and be analyzed? Just look at much of the manufacturing coming out of China now. I don't think "recalls" or "oops" works with vaccines. That virus facility in Wuhon had already been cited years ago for careless practices.

Registered
FWIW, pharma company Moderna confirmed today that its first round of human testing is complete and their vaccine does work and so far has been safe. Safety protocols still require more testing though. There are a half dozen companies into human testing on vaccines at this point. The US government has a program called 鈥淥peration Warp Speed鈥 aimed at developing a vaccine, approving it and having 300 million doses by January. Pharma giant Pfizer says that it is prepared to have 150 million doses by the end of year.

Registered
Various
I wonder how long the waiting list will be? We were on the list for over six months for the Shingrix Shingles vaccine.

Registered

Premium Member
I wonder how long the waiting list will be? We were on the list for over six months for the Shingrix Shingles vaccine.
Somebody get the vaccine and post a "range report" on it please.
Good luck finding it! Will be as scarce as T.P., and markup will make cost of .80 hand sanitizer, that's going for $7.00+ now, seem like "gold & platinum mixed with diamonds"!

Premium Member
Many other OLD cell lines were derived from cancer cells (HeLa, etc). In the spirit of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", people continue to use the same cell lines the first of these vaccines were developed in.
This is slightly OT, but did you ever read, "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks"? She's the woman that the HeLa cells originated from. I read it a few years ago, it's very interesting.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts