Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the 1,000 round mark and dang if it isn't running like a fine Swiss watch. No failures or malfunctions whatsoever with this pistol using all sorts of different ammo. This new Colt LW is a definite keeper. All I do is shoot it, clean it, lube it, and repeat. I called on this and Colt told me the life of that new dual recoil spring system is 15,000 rounds! Whatever, it sure is a nice pistol, I will never get rid of this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Excellent! My LW XSE Commander is performing the same. Great guns!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Yep LW Commanders just seem perfect for all around use . Your, No failures or malfunctions whatsoever , Is one reason I like Colt so well. Other's out their but seems Colt just knows how to make a 1911 that people can afford shoot and carry . Of course Colt has a long 1911 history .
My Defender is a 2005 and No failures or malfunctions whatsoever . Yet I hear , compact 1911 are not reliable. Gee better tell that to my 1995 Officer . Its not aware its a problem with a 3 1/2 barrel .

Enjoy your Commander. Mine likes the Corbon DPX for carry

·
Registered
637 Posts
Congrats on the 1,000 round mark. That particular model keep whispering in my ear and it's hard to resist. You're not making it any easier.
Nice gun BTW.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hit the 1,000 round mark and dang if it isn't running like a fine Swiss watch. No failures or malfunctions whatsoever with this pistol using all sorts of different ammo. This new Colt LW is a definite keeper. All I do is shoot it, clean it, lube it, and repeat. I called on this and Colt told me the life of that new dual recoil spring system is 15,000 rounds! Whatever, it sure is a nice pistol, I will never get rid of this one.
Well....I guess so....it's got those U.S.M.C. grips on it:smile: Semper Fi.......

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Nice on great looking pistol and 1,000 round report.

Reactions: druryj

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Glad it is going good for you. I like me some Colts.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Excellent, congrts! :35:

(but I'm not surprised :wink:)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Great looking pistol. Colt is like the energizer bunny it just keeps going. Love the grips.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Not much better than a Colt Commander.

Like your avatar, too.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Well surprise, surPRISE! Seems 66 (sixty-SIX!) years of experience has taught Colt a thing-or-two 'bout getting a LW Commander exACTLY right. All y'all latest & greatest pistol-swappers take note: fancy marketing & a good internet review or two does NOT make...a legend.
Very, VERY smart-money, well-spent! :congrats:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts