Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
143,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GREAT VINTAGE CONCEALED CARRY HOLSTER ARTICLE ~ READ IT!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Probably a good thing no metal detectors back then - he'd have lit up the machine big time!! Great stuff - as long as no clanking! :tongue:

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Chic Gaylord was THE concealment holster guru back in the 50s and 60s. His book, Handgunner's Guide, is a classic. I think it was recently reprinted. Good read if you can find it.

Gaylord was a big influence on later holster makers like John Bianchi. Bianchi's book, Blue Steel & Gunleather had photos of him concealing an arsenal under his suit, just like Gaylord.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My copy of Chic's book is well used and original. Lots of things have changed, but many of the concepts are still the same.

·
Administrator
143,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neat Article if you take the time to read it.

I'll shop for the book. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
After hr got all the hardware on, could the poor guy even MOVE?? :confused:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Never mind the metal detectors; if I were packing that much iron, I'd detour to avoid deep bodies of water!

At one point, in a previous life, I routinely packed a pair of S&W M19s (a 4" and a 2.5"), 2 pairs of handcuffs, a hideout .380 auto and at least one strong, sharp folding knife, in addition to a walkie-talkie and body armor! No wonder my back hurts, today!

Ahhh, civvie life is great; one primary and one BUG. Now, the other extreme (no CCW for the serfs) was a worse bummer, till my home state followed TX and FL into "Shall Issue Land."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts