Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Friend from the big city called last night. He wanted to come out and do some shooting today. Of course I said come on out. He brought with him 4 fire arms that had never been fired. One of them a Ruger 10/22 Dealer exclusive model 1132. This rifle was purchased in 1991. paper work in the box
Still in the box still wrapped in the plastic. Opened it up and it was a cool looking 10/22 full stock along the enter barrel. Cleaned it a bit little oil and shot it. 50 and 100 yards it was on the mark. It came with the rail to mount a scope in the box, we stuck with the very good iron sights.
In another box a brand new never fire Ruger MK 3 of course we did the same with it. The other two firearms were also new in the box but newer. Living in town he had purchased the two Rugers long ago and never had a chance to shoot them. In the case of the 10/22 next thing you know 29 years went by.
Life is to short to let a fine weapon sit 29 years. get out and shoot something. We spent 6 hours out back it was a fine day.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
I’m shooting a Tac-Sol 10/22 in NRL competition. One of my buddies places fairly high in our match with a bone stock basic 10/22 and a 3x9 optic. I’m sure it was partly his skill, but those basic 10/22’s can shoot well.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m shooting a Tac-Sol 10/22 in NRL competition. One of my buddies places fairly high in our match with a bone stock basic 10/22 and a 3x9 optic. I’m sure it was partly his skill, but those basic 10/22’s can shoot well.
I had left out the 10/22 was purchased in 1991.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder how it stands up to a modern one?
Looking at it and shooting it you could not tell it from one purchased last week. I do not recall ever see that model. Not sure if they still offer it. being a deal exclusive it is unlike I would have stumbled on to one. Looks like this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Ruger still lists them in blued or SS, laminate or walnut stock.

I have one of the blued/laminate made in '97.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Looking at it and shooting it you could not tell it from one purchased last week. I do not recall ever see that model. Not sure if they still offer it. being a deal exclusive it is unlike I would have stumbled on to one. Looks like this
I love that Mannlicher stock on the 1022s. I almost bought one in wood/blue, a few years ago but never did. I actually have a 10/22 that was given to me but I haven't shot it yet. I have an old Marlin 60 that shoots so accurate I always grab that or the Marlin bolt when I want to shoot a 22.

The Ruger Charger with folding arm brace I likely will buy at some point.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I have a 10/22 with the Mannlicher stock, mine was a 2002 run and the stock is Maple. One of the LEOs I worked with years ago bought 2 of that model which was used for certain situations. That will be one of the weapons I will take when and if I can get moved deeper into the back country where I belong once more.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I bought a Cheap Plastic Stocked 10/22 because it was on sale at my Local Gunshop for $189. I took it to the range and decided that I really liked it. I decided to make it a "Project Gun". I Installed a Tactical Solution X Ring Barrel, Can't remember who made the wood, and a Volquartsen trigger Pack. Scope is just a mid Priced Bushy. I'll eventually buy a decent Leupold. Great fun gun.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,562 Posts
The only thing stock about my 10/22s is the piece of metal the serial is stamped on.
Ha! I can relate. With five 10/22s here, the only one that remained essentially stock is a low-numbered gun from the first full year of production. The other four have been modified for training, sport and competition.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Can't be blue with a 10/22. It puts a smile on my face every time we shoot it.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Bought a 10-22 back about mid-eighties, came with a scope. Took it out in the desert with a friend to sight it in. Jumped a jack rabbit, pull up and shot, nailed it. Never messed with sighting it in.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
13 Posts
[QUOTE="NavCop, post: 8116385, member:
Jumped a jack rabbit, pull up and shot, nailed it. Never messed with sighting it in.
[/QUOTE]
I’ve got 2 10-22s and I found the same thing, the sights were right on out of the box!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts