Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy gave me a call a few hours ago. He was at Fleet Farm near Milwaukee & checked the gun area. There were 10 boxes of Winchester White Box on the shelves! He bought them all & 2 are mine. Now I'll have some ammo to test fire my new M&P 40C whenever it gets here. I was starting to get worried because I only have 200 rounds of practice ammo left & I feel that's not enough to put a new gun through its paces. He paid $20 for each 50 round box. I would have preferred American Eagle but beggars can't be choosers. The clerk told him ammo deliveries are still spotty.

There were no .22 cal, shotgun, 9MM or .38 special or any other common round on the shelves.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No disrespect intended but your buddy is exactly why you and I can't find ammo - "he bought it all". In normal times would he have done that? Probably not. How many others out there buy it all?Normally five people would have probably bought two boxes each. Now three folks will do without. We are our own worst enemy.

Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Glad you found some ammo, go have fun!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
What is needed is the dealers/gun stores, etc., need to do what Wal-Mart does.... Limit the sales to 3 boxes that way at least more people have a chance of getting some...... They do not have to worry about not selling there supply because in these times they most certainly sell out..........

·
Registered
29 Posts
There were 3 100 round boxes of .40 cal Winchester White Box at the Farm and Fleet in Rice Lake tonight when I was there if anyone lives up here. Didn't need it and figured someone else would like it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
No disrespect intended but your buddy is exactly why you and I can't find ammo - "he bought it all". In normal times would he have done that? Probably not. How many others out there buy it all?Normally five people would have probably bought two boxes each. Now three folks will do without. We are our own worst enemy.

Sorry for the rant.

people can buy what they want, however many they want, and when they find it. its your luck if you find some. if your mad and want ammo then get out and go look the ammo is not going to come to you

·
Registered
251 Posts
Gallardo, ease up already. I think you missed my point.

I do go out, find and then buy ammo, lots of it actually. Like the friend and probably you, I'm part of the ammo shortage problem. I used to buy a 100 rnd box of wwb at Wally. Shoot it, stop and buy another box on the way home from the range. Repeat process every two weeks. Over the last three months I have amassed a stockpile (at reasonable prices) that will last for years. Think about how many of us do that and now you know why ammo is hard to find and expensive. I finally decided I have enough, let someone else hoard it or try to make a buck. Been to Wally recently, saw ammo that i use on the shelves, and didn't buy. I assume the next guy bought it all. :)

If all of us would return to our old ammo buying habits (and I like to think I finally have) it would reappear on store shelves almost overnight.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My goal is to have the supplies on hand to be able to load 5000 rounds of .40S&W at any time. I'm about half way there..;)

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have always bought 5-10 boxes no different now. If I can find it. Thats a day at the range. But most places limit me to 3-4 boxes of each caliber

·
Registered
86 Posts
I picked up 2 boxs of American
Eagle 9 mm today for 18 bucks each and they had alot more, the shortage must be getting better, although they didnt have any SD ammo at all just fmj

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I picked up 2 boxs of American
Eagle 9 mm today for 18 bucks each and they had alot more, the shortage must be getting better, although they didnt have any SD ammo at all just fmj
That may be a good sign. Around here if you can ever find any it's usually carry/duty ammo, not FMJ. But I see the big online vendors are starting to get 9mm back.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
You know guys--for the most part, I've been holding off buying ammo/components for the time being; I kinda saw this coming, and started stocking up last year when prices were low, and supply plentiful.

However, that doesn't mean if I find a good deal on ammo, or primers, or bullets, I won't buy 'em, and buy 'em deep...because, for the most part--it won't gonna get (much) cheaper. Yes, the speculators will eventually find something else when supply catches up and ammo isn't as profitable as it once was...but the actual "in store" price ain't ever gonna go down.

Don't blame someone for buying ten boxes because he found them at a normal price.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have been finding ammo on delivery days at Sportmans warehouse when I need it, I can go over there (about a 1/2 mile from where Im currently working) when I choose (the right timing is useful, because you won't have a line). But the last week or so, they've not sold out the ammo on the first delivery day. I just buy 2 boxes for my needed weekly range trips, I don't buy the 3 box limit cause I don't need it.

Had a buddy call and tell me Academy had gotten ammo on Thursday, had plenty of 9mm. I called Friday mid morning (really just looking for 40) and they still had some. I contemplated on going and getting more 9mm just cause they had it but stopped myself cause I'm good on 9mm.

I too think we have been our own enemy in this, and all these loosers who go and buy all the ammo they can just to post it online for a profit make it bad too.
But I think things are definitely improving, I've heard a rumor (someone was talking with a manager at walmart, I question the validity too) that ammo will be plentiful in June, but that somewhat lines up with what I'm betting on anyways.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I have been finding ammo on delivery days at Sportmans warehouse when I need it, I can go over there (about a 1/2 mile from where Im currently working) when I choose (the right timing is useful, because you won't have a line). But the last week or so, they've not sold out the ammo on the first delivery day. I just buy 2 boxes for my needed weekly range trips, I don't buy the 3 box limit cause I don't need it.

Had a buddy call and tell me Academy had gotten ammo on Thursday, had plenty of 9mm. I called Friday mid morning (really just looking for 40) and they still had some. I contemplated on going and getting more 9mm just cause they had it but stopped myself cause I'm good on 9mm.

I too think we have been our own enemy in this, and all these loosers who go and buy all the ammo they can just to post it online for a profit make it bad too.
But I think things are definitely improving, I've heard a rumor (someone was talking with a manager at walmart, I question the validity too) that ammo will be plentiful in June, but that somewhat lines up with what I'm betting on anyways.
Don't hate the speculators unless you hate capitalism--because that's what it is, pure and simple.

If they were doing it with real estate, or stocks, or anything else--we'd call them entrepreneurs...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
If I had my crystal balls at the time all this gun control crap was goin down Id bought a 40 instead at least Ive seen ammo in that caliber more plentiful. At least i reload 9mm. Glad you got some ammo. You can enjoy your 40c when you get it. I have the 9c and there good little guns.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Don't hate the speculators unless you hate capitalism--because that's what it is, pure and simple.

If they were doing it with real estate, or stocks, or anything else--we'd call them entrepreneurs...
I never said I hate them, I definitely don't hate capitalism and I'll defend their right to do so. I did call them loosers because they are making it really hard for me and others who enjoy shooting to be able to do so at all. I agree they are free to do it, and I'm ok with that - doesn't mean I have to like them or what they are doing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts