Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Not everyone is allowed to have more than 10 rounds. Some states still have that pesky ban, and if you visit there, you better have 10rd mags.
Yeah it's for those states that cannot have more than 10 rounds in a mag unless LEO.

Ever notice how some guns say "California Approved" on them and cost more? That's another can of worms.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not everyone is allowed to have more than 10 rounds. Some states still have that pesky ban, and if you visit there, you better have 10rd mags.
Ahhhhhhh ok. Makes sense now. Wow, that sucks...

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Exactly. Funny thing is......the hi-caps and the ten rounders (limited) go for the same price brand new. Why? You need some ten round G19 magazines?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
288 Posts
Most of the time, the 10 round mags cost more.

It's kinda like another tax for living here in California.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Ahhhhhh Kansas! Glad I was able to buy my Glock 19 with 15-round magazines. I suppose if I was limitted to 10 rounds, I would've gotten the Glock 26. While you're shopping getcha a 33 round mag or 2. Nice at the range, not so good for concealed carry.

Joker1

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
G19 Mags??

I have a ton of 15 round mags for my new Twin set of G-19 Guns in Georgia. It seems that the kids on the Georgia Tech Campus get robbed every week by folks that carry guns off campus......You see me and I am packing...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Massachusetts here...can't have "hi-cap" mags unless they are pre-ban.
10 round is the standard.
Also 10# triggers.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
It's called the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, New York, etc........

·
Registered
720 Posts
A GLOCK 19 loaded with 10 rounds would be far from useless.

Some of my single stack carry guns have a smaller capacity than 10, and I am okay with them.

I'm not restricted to any magazine count, but if I was, a 10 rounder in the gun and a 10 rounder in my pocket would be A-Ok.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I picked up a 10 rounder for my 228, and I am currently contemplating a Glock 19, for which I would pick up a 10 rounder as well.

The reason being, I go to California a couple times per year. When I'm there, I like having the gun at my bedside, and also visit the local range. Couldn't do that with the standard 13-15 round mags.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The reason being, I go to California a couple times per year.
Yup. Me too. I can buy a 10 round mag or leave the gun at home when traveling to California. 10+1 is better then 0+0.

Even if we don't like the law, we still must follow it.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I still have a few left over. After the AWB expired, a local shop was selling new ones for $10 just to get rid of them. Good buy for that price. I'd have bought some if I needed more.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here in Minnesota I don't think theres a limit on magazine capacity.I have two ten round clips I carry and one in the chamber for a total of 21 rds .That 20 more then I want to use in a gun fight..I never leave home without my glock 22 on my side.Better to have and not need then to need and not have...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I still have a few left over. After the AWB expired, a local shop was selling new ones for $10 just to get rid of them. Good buy for that price. I'd have bought some if I needed more.

Sounds good.

Any working magazine is a good mag, in my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts