Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My very first semi-automatic handgun was a then new Series 80 Colt Combat Commander.45 ACP.

I've had Dan Wessons and Kimbers.

My 10mm TRLE is a little long and heavy.

Does any one here carry a 10mm Commander or other 10mm?

kimber

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
I sometimes carry a Colt Delta Elite in 10MM(40Adult) but it is a full size Government model.
1595477096087.jpeg

Reactions: OD* and bmcgilvray

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,867 Posts
My 10mm carry guns include two 5" Colt Delta Elites, a 4.2" Ruger GP100 Match Champion revolver, an S&W 1006, a 5" Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911, and a 4.5" Springfield XDM

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 10mm carry is a Colt Gold Cup Delta Elite in stainless steel that's been magna-ported . Easy to shoot with plenty of knock-down power.

·
Super Moderator
18,337 Posts
I only carry full size Government Models including a Delta Elite on occasions. They are all easy to tote ...

all

day

long.

The well chosen holster and belt will make far more difference in carrying comfort than any piddly weight difference between a Government Model and a Commander. I'm also going to suggest that the difference in length is actually unimportant in a carry gun.

All bets are off if a person simply wants a Commander. I want one myself.

·
Registered
290 Posts
G29L.jpg

I usually carry a 357 revolver, but my favorite one broke and needs fixed, so I've been carrying this 10mm till I get the 357 fixed. It started life as a Glock 20, and I later chopped the grip to fit a Glock 29 mag. That reduction in length of the grip makes it much more concealable. I carry in an IWB holster, so the longer slide makes no difference in concealability, but that long heavy slide makes it more shootable than a 29. This target was shot at 12 yards with full power handloads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts