Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Double Tap has a 10mm load out for you hunters out there. A 210gr. hard cast wide flat nose,@ 1225fps.outta a 5"bbl. Hell thats 700fpe. ------

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thats nice to know, I have been looking for something in a 200gn bullet to carry in my Glock. I usually carry it for back-up when i am in the swamp hunting these big hogs. I thought i was going to have to roll my own, but now.......

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have expiereance with those WFN hardcast bullets(but not in the 10mm)and I can tell you they cut a big hole goin' in. They have allot of bullet"slap" to them. Also the hard cast means no sheding of jacket for very deep penetration. Wish that they made them in .45ACP. ------

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
sounds like a good load for BOTH 4 AND 2 legged critters

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not for SD!

The DT sounds like a great hunting load. As a hunter who uses hardcast in my 45 Colt Ruger Bisley (335-360g @1,200FPS), I can tell you that HC has way too much penetration for SD. Stick with HPs for SD.

I wish DT would come out with a 45ACP load...say 230-250g HC @1,000 FPS...now that would be serious hog medicine!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HC, If the bullets that you mention above are from CBP they are the same ones that I use in my Casull's. They penetrate like a SOB.
I would also agree that a 10mm with this style bullet would overpenetrate the fattest BG.------

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Sounds like a nice load.Right now I like the Winchester SXT's or the old Black Talons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts