Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experimenting with different carry positions. My normal carry is IWB at about 3:00 to 3:30, but sometimes it still bulges more than I like. I have found that at 11:00 to 11:30 that gun disappears. It seems that this would be a better carry position when in a car since the seat belt may get in the way. I just have to be careful when sitting and standing up.

It seems to be more comfortable, and I am not getting any pains like I do when I carry on the hip.

I was just wondering if anyone else carries at 11:00, and if there any reason this would not be a good carry position.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My muzzle is pointed at my leg, not my "junk". If the trigger is covered with a good holster, where is the problem?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I much prefer a carry position that places the barrel away from any body parts. To carry at 11:00 would place the barrel aiming straight at the femoral artery which isn't good IMO.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
You left handed or right handed? Occasionally, I'll do 1 o'clock appendix carry. I just don't see with what I carry how I'd hide a pistol grip at 11 o'clock.
My muzzle is pointed at my leg, not my "junk". If the trigger is covered with a good holster, where is the problem?
Alternatives are always good. Usually when someone posts about their favorite carry method, or new discovery, it's something that works rather well for them and has for a period of time. Others tend to not stray too far away from the sides of the 'box' once they're out so it's always good for them to ponder how others may never have been in the box to start with. I would toy with the idea of 11 o'clock carry as you've suggested......if only I had a straight drop or counter-car-jacking cant holster to test. Stand your ground on your carry methods and what works best for you even with hints of ridicule. I just hope nobody ever gets hurt doing something silly while in search of means for alternative carry.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Personally, I don't like guns pointed at my junk.

:blink:

I'm just kinda funny that way...
I don't have junk; I have genitalia - and everything's in excellent condition.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Right-handed I may use this from time to time at around 11:00...

FIST, INC.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Due to a medical condition call "Frozen Shoulder" 1:00 is the only way I can carry. Not crazy about it pointing at the femoral artery either but it is a great place to carry since I am conditioned to go to the front with pocket carry also. Drawing from cover like pulling up a shirt seems to be much faster than at 3:00 to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally (righthanded) prefer 3:00 or 5:00 depending on what I'm planning on doing during the day. My father (lefthanded) however, is most comfortable carrying at 11:00.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
I carry at 11:00 in a Smartcarry. It's lower, so no issues with the gun pointing at my femoral artery.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
8:30 if I blow off a chunka buttocks I will live thru it,I just may not be able to sit on one cheek fer a few weeks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
On occasion, when packing two on the belt, I'll put the snubby at 11:00. I too worry about the femoral artery, but a good holster is a good holster.

On a lighter note, the "junk" debate/rabbit trail is just hilarious.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
On the rare occasion that I carry without a holster, I carry condition 3 in the front.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I find cross-draw at 10-10:30 to be extremely comfortable. 11:00 is too far in the front in my opinion. If it works for you then do it. Just don't pull a Plaxico.

·
Registered
224 Posts
NoName,
you don't find that the but of pistol prints holstering at 10
I usually don't conceal it anyway. I carry OWB for comfort with my shirt behind the holster, not over it. In most cases, concealment for me is a plaid or flannel shirt, or a jacket, worn open over everything. I suppose it's obvious to someone looking for it, but it's never been an issue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts