Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm, the article says “The importing of any type of munitions is regulated by the ATF,” said Thomas Mahn, Port Director, Louisville. Just what parts are considered munitions? I'm casting a suspicious eye at this bust.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Funny how they said the package was addressed to a residence in Melbourne Florida but then went on to equate illegal guns to the rioters in Louisville.

Seems they want to make these parts more than they are.

And, why did they not identify what the parts were?

The picture looks like it is bags of the same item.

·
Registered
34,719 Posts
And just how do they know the rioters had illegal weapons when few, if any, are ever arrested? If there an illegal entry check point for attending the riots?

Folks really need to stop giving these wannabe news sources the honor of a visit.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
I am curious just what kinds of weapons or parts were seized the article was a lot of chest thumping and back slapping (hope they did not hurt themselves) but nothing of any importance.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
So Louisville, Kentucky, an inland city, is now a Port of Entry for Melbourne, Florida, a coastal city?? Assault weapon parts?? Which assault weapon?? How do they know?? It's not making a whole lot of sense to me.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm certainly thinking the whole thing is rather strange, no reports about what these parts are. I might venture a guess that perhaps they were auto sears, but that would be entirely a WAG, what else could have been classified as munitions?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
11K items worth $130K - just a bit over $10 an item. Even for cheap Chinese junk, that can't be significant parts.

Can't make anything out of the pic, and no other article shows a better pic or actual parts details.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
At that price per part, it isn't a shipment of cheaply made Chinese silencers that has been making its way into the US.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
What a terribly written article. Halfway through, the author drifts off onto the George Floyd thing without making any argument to relate the two events. What BS.

I will say it is about time we got something worthwhile from China...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
@jmf552 I doubt the items were of good quality. I've dealt with a lot of Chinese made crap. I say crap because it tends to be just that. The level of QC compared to the US, and other developed nations, tends to be so much better.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
11,000 parts equates to about 138 complete AKs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts