Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some info re best prices and also info re quality.
I understand that the really cheap ones are designed differently and can leak.

Moderator;
If this is the wrong place for this thread,please move it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I think in order to move it, they'd have to understand what you are asking about.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I last bought 24 (two 12 pks) Surefire's from Amazon for about $1.00 a piece. I think the price was enough to qualify fore free shipping.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
If you are referencing the CR123 batteries used in lights and cameras, I do the same as VArob. Amazon for $1.00 a piece give or take.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Mine come from Surfire also. One light I have has a set of rechargeable batteries in it that can be replaced with CR123's if it goes down. All my lights take this one battery.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
...Surefire.com by the dozen... I've replaced all my 123 lights with the LEDs that take AAA...100-300 lumens and no fancy bulbs/batteries to buy...looking ahead to iffy supply situations...

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Over the years I have used several different brands and seem to always come back to Surefire. Buy the 12 packs and be done with it.

Reactions: varob

·
Registered
48 Posts
Need some info re best prices and also info re quality.
I understand that the really cheap ones are designed differently and can leak.

Moderator;
If this is the wrong place for this thread,please move it.
Thanks
I have run the light mady by Armytek. They make outstanding products and have a great reputation. A month ago I purchased Armytek Predator 670 lumens and happy that this light met all my needs. The price is not high, about $110. It's good for this well made light. I really like using 2xCR123 for it. I purchesed these batteries also on armytek shop. They are the cheapest I've found, $ 1.20 for each one.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You forgot the colon :)) on your link

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel good about the quality of Surefire but they are not terribly cheap.
The Titaniums on Batteryjunction are a lot cheaper (.90 each for 1 dz.) but I worry about leakage which might damage a pretty expensive flashlight.
Any comments re Titaniums?

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Titanium Innovations aren't American made, but are on the better end of the cheap cells. I use Panasonic and Surefire cells, which are both American made. Battery Junction has Panasonics for $1.50 a cell. I believe Surefire actually uses Panasonic cells.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I've been using the titanium 123s from Battery Junction for years and never had any leakage.
Watch out for some of the cheaper rechargeable 123s from anywhere. They are not regulated and are of higher output. I destroyed a Cree engine(fortunately a cheap one) with a chicom rechargeable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts