Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
senators.jpg

Not one Democrat in the bunch, including my Senator, Joe Manchin, who used a picture of himself shooting a rifle to get elected!

What a coward. He'll be gone next time around.

·
Registered
37,165 Posts
That's a pretty poor showing regardless of party affiliation.

Reactions: Betty

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Didn't Manchin have an A+ rating from the NRA at one time? Wondering what changed? I'd say "follow the money".

Our Senator Vitter is a strong proponent for 2A, though he's not on that filibuster list? Our other Senator Landrieu, against the overall wishes of her constituents, I'd say she's probably leaning "anti-gun" and going along the party lines. However, she's up for reelection in 2014 and in a tight spot. I hope we can finally get rid of her then.

I hope that 2014 becomes a "2A Revolution" during those elections. However, we can't just sit back and hope it happens, we have to step forward and MAKE it happen. Get involved in the campaign of someone you can support. Donate your time and money, these days our single vote isn't enough. The change is up to us, we have to outwork the competition.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Didn't Manchin have an A+ rating from the NRA at one time? Wondering what changed? I'd say "follow the money".
Does Manchin have a sealed divorce decree? President Obama's opponents seem to have problems keeping them sealed every since he was in Chicago running for smaller offices.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
The Senators in MI are a hopeless cause...

Reactions: Alex_C

·
Registered
215 Posts
The Senators in MI are a hopeless cause...
Well, the good news is Levin won't be running for office again. Now if we could only figure a way to get Stabinaw out of office.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
My first thought also. Only 13? Where are the rest of them? Didn't they all take an oath to support and defend the constitution?
:yup:

That's my question. Like McCain (with his recent dithering comments), altogether too many are slaves to the process irrespective of principle and constitutionality.

"Shall Not Be Infringed" apparently means little to nothing, to 87 of 100 sitting senators. That's an appalling statistic.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Supposedly Manchin has an "A" rating from the NRA. That's likely to change cuz he and another Republican Senator (can't remember the name) are trying to work out some sort of modified UBC that would exempt some sales between hunters or close relatives.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Sent both my senators an email. What a disgrace they have not joined the fight. I got letters from both of them stating they would uphold the 2nd amendment back in January, we'll see how their memories work.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
The answer to Senator McCain's questioning why the filibusterer, and asking “what are we afraid of?”

Answer is simple Senator...
They are not afraid, they are the only ones that understand that the so called "gun control" bills/amendments are nothing more than a prelude to gun registration and eventual confiscation......

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
View attachment 70948

Not one Democrat in the bunch, including my Senator, Joe Manchin, who used a picture of himself shooting a rifle to get elected!

What a coward. He'll be gone next time around.
I didn't expect to see Manchin's name on the list. When it comes right down to it, he's just another politician who will say and do anything to get elected (and re-elected, if he runs again). I'm disappointed to see so few names on the list. Hopefully many more will side with the Constitution when it comes to the showdown with the senate.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Well, for starters this is not a list of all those who will vote pro-gun or against new laws. It's just a list of some names of those who'll fillibuster. Second, one of the "gun control" items on the agenda concerns mental health screenings and is supported by the NRA- I just got an email from the NRA/ILA saying so.

There are lots of actions besides fillibuster. Watch for the votes, not he grandstanding.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
before it is all over there will some type of gun control law on the books. it might not be what the government wants to bring us to our knees. but it will something. they got to get their foot into the door. they will keep on until they band all guns, all types. this is the only way they can control us. over the years you can see how their plans have worked in controlling us, it not all about gun control. other freedoms have been taken away. we have to much government in your everyday life. there is no more freedom these days. think, seat belts laws and motorcycle helmets laws. so now is the time for you to make up your mind on what you are going to do,,, turn your guns in or do not turn your guns in. what are you going to do?? they want us all to be low information voters.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Well, for starters this is not a list of all those who will vote pro-gun or against new laws. It's just a list of some names of those who'll fillibuster. Second, one of the "gun control" items on the agenda concerns mental health screenings and is supported by the NRA- I just got an email from the NRA/ILA saying so.

There are lots of actions besides fillibuster. Watch for the votes, not he grandstanding.
You are correct, and the list is growing. But I hope there are many more who will stand with these Senators when it comes to blocking the legislation from coming to a vote. What the Senate is trying to do is unconstitutional. I don't see what those on the list are doing as grandstanding.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

There were 46 traitors who voted against upholding the 2nd Amendment.

We came four votes away from the United States Senate giving our Constitutional rights over to the United Nations.

Notice that the lovely Claire McCaskell, in spite of what she says about upholding the Constitution, voted to pass the bill to enter the UN Ban. The following is a verbatum copy of her response to my inquiry into her stand on gun control.

from US Senator Claire McCaskell:

"As you know, the Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees Americans the fundamental right to bear arms. I strongly support legal and safe gun ownership by law-abiding citizens and have consistently voted to uphold this constitutional right. I welcomed and supported the recent Supreme Court decision in the District of Columbia v. Heller case that made clear that the constitutional right to gun ownership is an individual one."

Speaking, once again, out of both sides of her mouth.

53-46 vote, the senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

The Statement of Purpose from the bill read:

To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S., and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.

Astonishingly, 46 of our United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.

Here are the 46 traitors that voted to give your rights to the U.N.

Baldwin (D-WI)

Baucus (D-MT)

Bennet (D-CO)

Blumenthal (D-CT)

Boxer (D-CA)

Brown (D-OH)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Cardin (D-MD)

Carper (D-DE)

Casey (D-PA)

Coons (D-DE)

Cowan (D-MA)

Durbin (D-IL)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Franken (D-MN)

Gillibrand (D-NY)

Harkin (D-IA)

Hirono (D-HI)

Johnson (D-SD)

Kaine (D-VA)

King (I-ME)

Klobuchar (D-MN)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Leahy (D-VT)

Levin (D-MI)

McCaskill (D-MO)

Menendez (D-NJ)

Merkley (D-OR)

Mikulski (D-MD)

Murphy (D-CT)

Murray (D-WA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Reed (D-RI)

Reid (D-NV)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Sanders (I-VT)

Schatz (D-HI)

Schumer (D-NY)

Shaheen (D-NH)

Stabenow (D-MI)

Udall (D-CO)

Udall (D-NM)

Warner (D-VA)

Warren (D-MA)

Whitehouse (D-RI)

Wyden (D-OR)

People this needs to go viral. These Senators voted to let the UN take our guns. They need to lose the election. We have been betrayed.

Our country is in deep doo-doo when 46 United States Senators Vote to Give our 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N.

Reactions: ccw9mm
1 - 20 of 21 Posts