Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys, but I think Pow'R balls 100gr 9mm +P @1475fps and 483 FTLBS is some serious business :smile:

I understand that they're supposed to feed like ball ammo too. I'm gonna have to try some. Does anyone use this ammo in 9mm?

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Bud White said:
Never in 9mm but use it in 10mm feed lust like ball
LUST???? you're always "feed lusting"... LOL....:haha: .......<just kidding ya Bud>

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stephen A. Camp said:
Hello. Here are the results of some informal testing I did with the 9mm PowRball:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CorbonPowRball.htm

Best.
That was your page huh? I saw that earlier today when I googled the Pow'r Ball. Well done :smile:
I'm just thinking that for a self defense round, this SUPER-SONIC 100gr, has what it takes to get the job done about as best as you can for the 9mm. IMHO :biggrin2:

·
1951 - 2011
496 Posts
Hello. It seems to be fine in the gelatin tests, but I'm hearing of very shallow penetration on animals shot with it. I have not yet done this nor have I heard of any being used on felons so I honestly don't know.

It appears promising to me as a lower penetration/maximum damage round and one that I'd prefer over the Glaser.

Time will tell if the animals that were shot were flukes or if some tweaking needs to be done. I do believe that in a straight-on frontal shot to the chest, the round would be effective.

Best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts