Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently carrying some Speer 147gr +P GDHPs that came in the 50 count LE box, but it seems like these bullets have dropped off the face of the earth.

It's definitely my favorite 9mm load, does anyone know where I can find more gold dots or a comparable 147gr +P? I don't have an issue finding 115gr/124gr +p/+p+ but I never see 147gr +P.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
AmmunitionDepot, SGAmmo & BulkAmmo.com all have them most of the time, but of course availability varies from day to day.

·
Registered
607 Posts
In my testing these are one of the best performing 9mm loads. I too used to buy the 50 round LE boxes a year ago but now can't even find the 20 round boxes. The 147gr loads seemed to have dried up. Hopefully we'll see them come back.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Interesting. I wasn't even aware that Speer made a 147 +P. I carry their standard pressure 147, and have 100 in reserve. Love them.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Just by luck I happened on a 20 round box several months ago. Last box in the LGS. Haven't seen any since. They are in my CCW, a Kahr CM-9.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
FWIW I carry Federal HST 147gr in my 9mm. The vendors I mentioned about almost always have them. Ammunition depot and SGAmmo have the best prices, around $30 per 50 count box. I think the HST is probably about as good as anything out there right now. If I had my druthers I'd probably carry the 124gr HST but it's harder to find. I'm pretty confident in the 147gr, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use Hornady 147 grain XTP's. I read on another forum that Buffalo Bore is very good. Anyone test these?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts