Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
That's pretty amazing feat; cannot even begin to realize the number crunching required to accomplish that.

Reminds me of a story. My wife's family can embrace gallows humor in extraordinary ways, and usually does. Some years ago, at my wife's grandmother's funeral, the ceremony was proceeding solemnly when the funeral director released a flock of white doves for that particular part of the ceremony. As the birds circled overhead, my brother in law's low voice could be heard clearly: "pull!" That pretty much ended the solemn part of the ceremony. Just to be clear, Grandma would have approved.

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
It is amazing how technology has come from dropping massive quantities of optically sighted dumb bombs from 35,000 feet to now literally hitting a bullet with another bullet.

·
Registered
36,177 Posts
It is amazing how technology has come from dropping massive quantities of optically sighted dumb bombs from 35,000 feet to now literally hitting a bullet with another bullet.
And mostly missing.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The work Reagan had done on some of those projects was just for show. I had a university professor that did a lot of programming for the military back in the 80s. When the program ended, he and his co-workers were informed that their work was never intended to be used, but had to be realistic to fool the Russians. They were part of a group of dummy projects.

Ronald Reagan was a very smart man.

This new technology is definitely interesting.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Some pretty interesting stuff, for sure! I'm sure there's plenty more in the pipeline and that's one of the reasons it is sooo important that Trump get 4 more. I'm pretty sure a Harris administration would not value having a strong military and she'd likely kill many of the interesting projects in the pipeline.

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some pretty interesting stuff, for sure! I'm sure there's plenty more in the pipeline and that's one of the reasons it is sooo important that Trump get 4 more. I'm pretty sure a Harris administration would not value having a strong military and she'd likely kill many of the interesting projects in the pipeline.
I like how you referred to it as the "Harris" administration.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I like how you referred to it as the "Harris" administration.
Yeah, I figure since Biden and Harris have each referred to the Harris administration, I may as well too. It's pretty obvious old Joe isn't capable of running anything, it won't be long before he's sitting in a chair drooling on himself.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
36,177 Posts
Here's an example of one of the things in the pipeline:

A flight demonstrator is a loooong way from production. It simply says that design can fly, but it does nothing about the avionics or weapons systems, and that is where the costs and years of delays will come in--if it makes it that far before getting axed.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
A flight demonstrator is a loooong way from production. It simply says that design can fly, but it does nothing about the avionics or weapons systems, and that is where the costs and years of delays will come in--if it makes it that far before getting axed.
Yes, it is typically a long way from production, but it is interesting that they claim the process could field this new fighter in 5 years.

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
The work Reagan had done on some of those projects was just for show. I had a university professor that did a lot of programming for the military back in the 80s. When the program ended, he and his co-workers were informed that their work was never intended to be used, but had to be realistic to fool the Russians. They were part of a group of dummy projects.

Ronald Reagan was a very smart man.

This new technology is definitely interesting.
I worked on similar projects. Mine were not dummy projects. I got to witness a test shot - at White Sands. The weapon destroyed a very large target with a very tiny projectile. Videos of that test have been released. I had to sign a whole stack of NDA’s with gentlemen with guns watching when I left the group. I was not allowed to get a passport for 10 years after I left.

I wonder where the professor thinks his work on rail guns went? The Navy will field one very soon.

·
Super Moderator
19,380 Posts

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts