Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reported in the Dallas Morning News

Apparently a 16-year-old kid attempted to rob some guy in his truck at gun point. He didn't count on the fact that the guy just came back from a gun club meeting. Oops.

Sad to see anyone get shot, but glad it was the BG instead of the victim. Incidents like these can be very positive in reducing crime rates and bolstering support for CCW.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I amended the subject line Blinky and removed your post's first line too - now not needed.

Well - in my book a 16 year old is well able to know right from wrong and face consequences for his actions. Very stupid kid and sad to say I have to find little sympathy for his getting shot.

Mess with fire - get burned! I hope other stupid kids know about that and get the message - in fact all BG's of any age.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Yea it sucks and is sad but this the exact reason we carry, to keep thugs from being thugs and make them the statistic and NOT us.

It is what it is, the kid got what he got for doing what he shouldn't have. I agree with Chris as I also find little sympathy for him getting shot for trying to rob a guy just sitting there in his truck minding his own business.

Ti.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Compassion, not sympathy...

I should clarify, that it is not sympathy I feel, but compassion.

The kid took a risk and lost. His negative action brought upon him a negative reaction. Had I been the intended victim faced with a 16YO gunman, I too would have pulled the trigger in self-defense. There is not a shred of doubt in my mind about that.

I have compassion, however, for this individual to have to learn a lesson the hard way. What was missing in this individual's life that led him to this point in his life?

Having compassion is looking at the core of life. People don't start out life as criminals, they are made through a serious of events in their life.

People want to be happy, all people do. However, some are misguided in their attempts to achieve happiness, such as this young individual. He may be labeled as a punk, a criminal, etc., but he is a human being. I hope, if he survives, he can utilize this lesson and be a better person for it. The choice is up to him.

The ability to have compasion for each other is what sets us apart from the animals.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
And yet another in number for the anit's to decry an inocent shot by a evil gun. They are just a droolin over adding him to their statistics.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Sheldon J said:
And yet another in number for the anit's to decry an inocent shot by a evil gun. They are just a droolin over adding him to their statistics.
My thoughts exactly! "X number of kids are shot every year with evil handguns!"

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
there should be a BG shoot count on the news every night. too bad, but guess some people need to be taught the hard way. Better him than some new mother or perhaps a true child.

·
Registered
280 Posts
stupid kid gets what he deserves, u try to rob someone at gun point, the victem doesn't know if u just want to steal their car or harm them as well, must victems would prob be scared and nervous and would not hesitate to react with a few gun trigger pulls!
no sympany for stupid petty theft people!
what good to society are they in the first place?? if they go around making these crimes, go to school, get a job, don't steal from honest living human beings!

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I agree strongly with you blinky.

Just don't forget that the time to feel compassion for his misguided youth is after the fact, not during the commision of his robbery. :dead:

Personally I get angry. I get angry that this former human being forced me to shoot. :rant:

Taking someones life from them is a traumatic event to experience. It completely overshadows the traumatic event that caused you to shoot in the first place.

So I get angry that I had to go there again. :mad: :rant:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hopefully this story gets out to his friends. Go out and get a job if you need money. I agree that it is sad that a human life was lost, but when it comes down to me or you, I promise I will win everytime. It's stories like this that make CCW so beneficial. If the BG's don't know who is carrying, they will be less likely to try and victimize you. Let us not forget the guy who shot the 16 yr old is the victim here, not the punk kid.

·
Registered
24 Posts
BCurry1 said:
Hopefully this story gets out to his friends. Go out and get a job if you need money. I agree that it is sad that a human life was lost, but when it comes down to me or you, I promise I will win everytime. It's stories like this that make CCW so beneficial. If the BG's don't know who is carrying, they will be less likely to try and victimize you. Let us not forget the guy who shot the 16 yr old is the victim here, not the punk kid.
I agree with you on this. I'm curious about the round used in this since it passed through the BG.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
The last line of the article: "The man in the truck will likely not face charges, Officer Tull said." Well, I sure as -stuff- hope not.

I also would hope the family doesn't bother filing a civil suit. Maybe the kid will decide "lesson learned, good to be alive" and straighten out...and take some of his friends with him. Almost too much to hope for.

·
Super Moderator
13,253 Posts
P95Carry said:
I amended the subject line Blinky and removed your post's first line too - now not needed.

Well - in my book a 16 year old is well able to know right from wrong and face consequences for his actions. Very stupid kid and sad to say I have to find little sympathy for his getting shot.

Mess with fire - get burned! I hope other stupid kids know about that and get the message - in fact all BG's of any age.
Ditto for me. A 16 year old can kill you just as dead as anyone else.

It is a shame that a youth chooses to throw his life away though.

·
Super Moderator
25,571 Posts
kimber05 said:
I agree with you on this. I'm curious about the round used in this since it passed through the BG.
If the guy was coming from the range maybe it was FMJ?

Gutsy move by the GG, and a hard lesson learned by a young BG!

·
Registered
113 Posts
How can anyone feel sorry for his criminal act?

I don't feel bad for the criminal who happened to be 16yrs old.

He probably came from a lousy family, lived a horrible life with abuse, drugs and little education. A criminal. Oh yeah, too bad.

I do have compassion though and hope that he takes the right path in life and perhaps convinces many of his fellow cretins to do the same. They must know that the price of attacking innocents can be very high (especially if the innocents is one of us). If he lives through this episode it should be considered his biggest wake-up call he will ever receive...and thank god that he sent it.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
I don't feel sorry for the BG and 3 cheers for the GG. Btw, this would make an excellent tactical scenario - what to do when you're sitting in a car and you're approached by a BG. What if you can't just drive away? The BG has his gun in your face and is demanding your money. I think the GG was gutsy and acted totally correctly. He told the BG he was reaching for his wallet, but instead produced his CCW and then proceeded to neutralize the threat.

·
Registered
750 Posts
A Dallas County grand jury will likely decide whether a 16-year-old boy shot in Irving on Wednesday should face criminal charges for attempting to rob a 45-year-old man at gunpoint.
That's the first line in the article being discussed.

I have a problem with it. Why wouldn't they press charges on the little cretin? Or are they just trying to decide if he should be charged as an adult or a juvie?

He did the crime, let him do the time.

mm

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Should he be charged?

That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.

We are doomed I tell you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts