Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a rock island 1911 full size. I'm looking for a nice but not to expensive iwb holster for. Any suggestion would be great.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
SHTF Gear Ace-1.... I have three of them and they are awesome..... and they dont break the bank in any fashion. Plus, their new mounting hardware is spectacular to say the least. Perfect retention, great fit and finish, amazing customer service. You cant beat em IMO

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Gould & Goodrich makes a great IWB holster that I use regularly. If you check on Midway it is product number 385909. It lists for $42.99 and is all leather. They should make this for a 1911 as they make it for multiple models.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just picked up a rock island 1911 full size. I'm looking for a nice but not to expensive iwb holster for. Any suggestion would be great.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Your question is akin to asking whether to buy a Chevrolet or ford pickup. :). First decide where you want to carry. I.E. strong side, behind the hip, appendix, etc. Then start looking at holsters made for the position you've chosen. Remember what one likes the next guy just hates.

My advice, stuff you UNLOADED gun into your pants in the various positions. Walk around the house, stand, bend over, sit in a chair, sit in the car, etc. Determine what position works for you. Everyone is different.

Me, I'm an aiwb guy and carry a commander sized 1911 there. Others just love crossbreed supertuck. I've tried them and just can't understand how anyone could want that big honking piece of leather anywhere inside their pants. I'll say it again, what one loves, the next guy hates. Figure out what works for you and your body type.

Hth

·
Registered
76 Posts
For the money, the Desantis Cozy Partner is hard to beat!

·
Registered
683 Posts
My two pesos... I just got my supertuck from Crossbreed Seconds. $30 + S&H. Conceals the pistol on my person very well, and very comfortably, moreso than I thought possible (I have the same pistol). You may have to wait for the right holster to pop up on the site, though.

Different body types will cause your mileage to vary.... that's been mine so far.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Here is my 1911 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck. I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I started out with a nice used Galco Royal Guard from eBay. Paid about $35 for a $100 holster. Carried a full-sized 1911 in it while I waited for my Milt Sparks VM-2.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
I carry mine in this :

Handmade Hybrid IWB Holsters | Ozarks Holster Company

Owner is a member on here, VERY comfortable , Horsehide; price is right @ only $45 shipped/insured and conceals so well my wife never knows IF I have it on by looking! Wait time is VERY short as well.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
As gasmitty posted, Milt Sparks is the way to go. For 1911s, my preference is a Versa Max II. I am a bit biased, but I do not believe there is a better carry holster for a 1911.

The Sparks Summer Special II is a very close runner up. In fact, I have a SSII horsehide/shark for my full size Kimber. My Glock 19 and 32 ride in a SSII as well. Have a couple more on order.

·
Super Moderator
22,523 Posts
Three of my favorites (left to right), Milt Spark's "Watch-Six", Davis "Summer Special" and Galco's "Triton Kydex."

·
Super Moderator
22,523 Posts
Nice looking holsters, Dead. :hand10:

Reactions: deadguy
1 - 20 of 24 Posts