Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that owns or has shot a 1911 with CTC laser....
They have two models, a side activation and a front activation, is one better or easier to activate than the other? I am planning on putting a set on my Kimber Ultra Carry II.
I own CTC for my 642 it has a front activation, and that is ok, but what is better for the 1911?
Anyone have any comments on this?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'll just add a quick 2c re my own grips tho, none on a 1911.

Three revos wear them - all front activation - maybe what i like best.

Three SIG's have them and all side activation. Now this is fine for me - my middle finger strong hand pad contacts the pressure sw just fine but - I am aware that smaller hands and so shorter fingers might not make it work.

So - on my findings it'd seem that for me, the front activation is a better choice overall, tho not much in it if hands big enough.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
I'll check em out, as we have a couple of pair 1911 CTs at the store...........Let ya know how they activate..

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot, find out what you like, then give me a deal on that pair.lol
thanks for the investigative work!

·
Registered
473 Posts
i got the side activated ones on my springer. i have no problem with them, but i have big hands. my wife seems to have a little problem though. we're gonna get some front activated ones for her springer and see how they work. she has no problem with the front ones on her 649, so they may work better for her.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had both; and while the side activation works well, the front is preferable to me. With the side, I sometimes have to remember to squeeze (yah, I know I should already be squeezing).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I carry a Kimber Compact CDP with front activation. Never tried a side activation as this one works perfectly every time.

Every evening when I remove it from it's cozy spot on my person and 'hide' it in it's accessible bed, I will practice a few draw and aims to make sure it works, check the battery level, and maintain an instinctive grip.

I love it!!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks

I think I am going to start shopping for some front activation for the kimber ultra carry II. I have a set on the 642, and if the activation point is the same, it won't confuse me.
now to find a deal on a pair. this is the only shopping I enjoy. for guns, over the internet.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I had the side activation model at one time. Absolutely, get the front activation model. I had the side activation and if your hand doesn't line up with the switch, you will deform your normal grip on the gun to activate it and that is not a good thing.....

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Those 1911 CTs are priced at 175.00 at the store........seems a fair price for em.......Side activation model BTW

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had side activation grips on my Kimber CDP II, took 'em off as my hands are not large. In fact they are for sale. Unless you have large hands or long fingers get the front activated model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts